On to 2017

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: On to 2017

Post by IrishViking »

Any "sure things" at oline that you could see the Vikings selling the farm to sneak into the first round for? Haven't really checked yet.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

this team needs way more than one lineman. if anything they should trade down and draft a bunch. have to try and do something.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

mosscarter wrote:this team needs way more than one lineman. if anything they should trade down and draft a bunch. have to try and do something.

I know we are still sour over this year but realistically Boone and Berger are starter quality, they would start on probably well over half of teams if you did a player swap. I can think of maybe 3-10 teams they would end up on the depth chart on, Berger more often then Boon. So, IMO if their was a "Sure thing" at one of the other 3 Oline slots, it might be worth drafting that rather than a plethora of later draft "spaghetti at the wall" quality which is sorta how we got here.

Honestly, one "blue chipper" a healthy Berger and Boone and a quality veteran on his last contract would give us 4/5ths of a NFL caliber Oline, which is already a dramatic improvement :lol: ... :cry: I made myself sad.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

PHP mentioned the Wisconsin LT, Ramczyk. He's very legit !
Sign RT Ricky Wagner in FA and maybe Harris can come back to be a RG, if not... Sign one.
OL looks good with young depth that got valuable reps this year.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

IIsweet wrote:PHP mentioned the Wisconsin LT, Ramczyk. He's very legit !
Sign RT Ricky Wagner in FA and maybe Harris can come back to be a RG, if not... Sign one.
OL looks good with young depth that got valuable reps this year.
Ramczyk has a labrum tear, the same thing Kalil had. And it sounds like he needs surgery to repair it.
So we really don't need to spend a top pick on another Kalil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

halfgiz wrote: Ramczyk has a labrum tear, the same thing Kalil had. And it sounds like he needs surgery to repair it.
Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Just because he has a tear in his hip doesnt mean he's "another Kalil". Kalil had the injury AFTER he's struggled for the past few years.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

halfgiz wrote: Ramczyk has a labrum tear, the same thing Kalil had. And it sounds like he needs surgery to repair it.
That sucks for him. Hopefully the Vikings stay clear then. Regardless, we need a Legitimate LT
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Just because he has a tear in his hip doesnt mean he's "another Kalil". Kalil had the injury AFTER he's struggled for the past few years.
Right, but his struggles were certainly in part due to the injury that necessitated the surgery.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Our problem is we need someone right now to help our OL. It sounds like Ramczyk is thinking about not declaring eligible and getting his hip fixed...we just need to see what happens.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Texas Vike wrote: Right, but his struggles were certainly in part due to the injury that necessitated the surgery.
His hip injury didnt happen until this year and he only played 2 games. It has nothing to do with him struggling the past few years
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

IrishViking wrote:Any "sure things" at oline that you could see the Vikings selling the farm to sneak into the first round for? Haven't really checked yet.
Matt Kalil was so good at USC that he bumped Tyron Smith over to RT. Tyron Smith is now a pro-bowler and signed a $100+ million contract with Dallas a couple years back. Even sure things don't pan out all the time.