Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 17

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 17

Post by S197 »

Perfect start to 2017, hopefully a better season next year. Happy new year VMB!
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Well, that's a wrap, folks! 8-8 after a 5-0 start. Kind of a tough pill.

We're Vikings fans... we are a brotherhood of pain, we are used to bitter disappointment, but we know that, some day, we will reign victorious. (Hopefully before I kick the bucket.)

Skol! :govikes:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Think about this. Terrell Pryor has 1000 receiving yards this year. For the Browns for the freeking Browns! And we can't get one guy in 7 years. Wow our offense needs an infusion of playmakers or something.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Bigwehrm wrote:Think about this. Terrell Pryor has 1000 receiving yards this year. For the Browns for the freeking Browns! And we can't get one guy in 7 years. Wow our offense needs an infusion of playmakers or something.
We had two guys with 900 yards this year. We have the playmakers but not that alpha dog.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Think Rashod Hill gets a higher PFF grade today than Clemmings had all season? I do!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Good to finish with a win. At least we hurt Philly a little bit today.

Unfortunate season. It is going to be a long offseason.

Regardless, SKOL.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Just re-watched the game on game-pass.

Couple takeaways:

-Eric Kendricks might be the most underrated player on this defense. That kid is an absolute beast and as good as any MLB can come IMO.

-One of the best plays all day: the heady play Barr made to spring Everson for a TD.

-Hill looked pretty solid. Much better than Clemmings ever has. He does a good job of squaring up to the rusher and keeping good balance. Seems to have a fairly quick kick-slide to get out on the faster guys. Definitely promising to see.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Did Greenway retire?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

TSonn wrote:Think Rashod Hill gets a higher PFF grade today than Clemmings had all season? I do!

I just checked PFF and I actually graded out higher than TJ Turnstyle... :appl:
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Did Greenway retire?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Last I heard, he was going to "take some time", but I suspect he will.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Holy crap, that was a wild play! Did you guys see Barr bat it forward? That was sweet!
We got away with that one, it should have been a penalty as a loose ball can not be batted:

It is an illegal bat if:

— a. any player bats or punches a loose ball in the field of play toward his opponent's goal line

Note that it doesn't say that it has to be intentional. By definition, it should have been a penalty.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Just re-watched the game on game-pass.

Couple takeaways:

-Eric Kendricks might be the most underrated player on this defense. That kid is an absolute beast and as good as any MLB can come IMO.

-One of the best plays all day: the heady play Barr made to spring Everson for a TD.

-Hill looked pretty solid. Much better than Clemmings ever has. He does a good job of squaring up to the rusher and keeping good balance. Seems to have a fairly quick kick-slide to get out on the faster guys. Definitely promising to see.
I don't think you would be saying that if they had called it a penalty like it should have. As I pointed out already, it is illegal to bat a loose ball. If they had called it then the Bears would have retained possession since the Bears were last to have possession when the penalty occurred. If that had happened (as it should have according to the rules) people would be calling it a bone-head play.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Biggest disappointments this year, other then chocking after going 5-0, was Barr.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purple Reign wrote: We got away with that one, it should have been a penalty as a loose ball can not be batted:

It is an illegal bat if:

— a. any player bats or punches a loose ball in the field of play toward his opponent's goal line

Note that it doesn't say that it has to be intentional. By definition, it should have been a penalty.
Considering how the referees were letting both teams get away with just about anything they wanted to do, I'm not surprised it wasn't called. I guess that's what happens in meaningless Week 17 games. Give those refs truth serum, and I'm pretty sure they'd be saying, "Well, they don't pay us by the hour." :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Considering how the referees were letting both teams get away with just about anything they wanted to do, I'm not surprised it wasn't called. I guess that's what happens in meaningless Week 17 games. Give those refs truth serum, and I'm pretty sure they'd be saying, "Well, they don't pay us by the hour." :lol:
I guess it just bugs me when people praise a player for doing something that is illegal (and I'm not talking about something like holding a receiver to prevent a td which could be considered a smart play). Just because it wasn't called a penalty doesn't make it a 'smart' play. Either Barr doesn't know the rule, or if he does, he did it anyway which makes it a bone-headed play. It worked out since it wasn't called, but it wasn't a 'smart' play on Barr's part.