Injury News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Injury News

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 13640667-4

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleMustReign wrote:http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 13640667-4

It says AD will play this Sunday!

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote: It says AD will play this Sunday!

This link suggests its a possibility as well...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Harrison Smith, Waynes, Fusco, and Treadwell have been ruled out for Sunday
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Treadwell, one of the 5 worst 1st round, 1st picks, Ive ever seen this teem pick. To say we knew he was a bit slow off the ball is like syaing MN sucks in the winter.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I honestly must wonder how people can say with a straight face that Treadwell has been a bad pick so far. He barely has any playing time to his name. I say give him 2-3 years to get better. Nobody is (or should) be expecting him to magically be a superstar immediately.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Harry out for the season?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

autobon7 wrote:Harry out for the season?
They may just shut him down for the season. They're not mathematically eliminated but I think his sprain is of the more severe type and while there were indications he may come back, I'm hoping he rests and comes back 100% next year.

Harris could use the reps anyway.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@GoesslingESPN
51m
The Vikings had Harrison Smith practicing for the first time in December on Thursday: es.pn/2hXGBOG

Zimmer on Smith: 'He moved pretty good.' #Vikings injury report: startribune.com/zimmer-on-smit…
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The Vikings put second-round pick Mackensie Alexander on injured reserve and promoted running back C.J. Ham to... es.pn/2i2uD9g

Sounds like AD is getting shutdown . Hoping Ham has a good showing.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Rhodes Closed wrote:I honestly must wonder how people can say with a straight face that Treadwell has been a bad pick so far. He barely has any playing time to his name. I say give him 2-3 years to get better. Nobody is (or should) be expecting him to magically be a superstar immediately.
Agree, btw, Treadwell is only 21 years old !!! He's still a kid. He's going to be very good, IMO.
Let him learn the ropes. I was a fan of the pick. Still am. We have the elite slot guy in Diggs, a big play threat in CP, a very good WR in Thielen, and then we have Treadwell.... The Red Zone guy that people all wanted. I think that he's more than that... He absolutely dominated the SEC before he got hurt. Played last year, not even fully recovered from injury. Gets drafted, is able to make a complete recovery and learn the NFL and the offense here. Great situation for the 21 year old kid !!!!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

IIsweet wrote: Agree, btw, Treadwell is only 21 years old !!! He's still a kid. He's going to be very good, IMO.
Let him learn the ropes. I was a fan of the pick. Still am. We have the elite slot guy in Diggs, a big play threat in CP, a very good WR in Thielen, and then we have Treadwell.... The Red Zone guy that people all wanted. I think that he's more than that... He absolutely dominated the SEC before he got hurt. Played last year, not even fully recovered from injury. Gets drafted, is able to make a complete recovery and learn the NFL and the offense here. Great situation for the 21 year old kid !!!!
Especially since this staff has a proven history of not giving any significant playing time until the kids are shined up. Seems like every season we have a talk about "X isn't playing why why why" *X finally plays*"Look how good X looks, why didn't they play him earlier!!?" ... "Uh, cause he needed to practice?"
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

^Its good to see other guys on here that aren't calling Treadwell a bust. Same with Alexander. I've seen that too many times on here and it's quite ridiculous
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote:^Its good to see other guys on here that aren't calling Treadwell a bust. Same with Alexander. I've seen that too many times on here and it's quite ridiculous
What concerns me is they are high round picks that aren't playing, especially in Treadwell's case because we could have used a good red zone presence, something he is supposed to excel at. But one thing Zimmer's staff has proven is an ability to put players in positions to succeed, and they have earned my trust there.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

It may be too early to call Treadwell a bust but he has also done nothing to earn himself more playing time. He's had chances, and he's blown all but one. That's why he's not playing. Now he injured himself and can't even play.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.