Somebody tell me where our awesome defense was yesterday?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Somebody tell me where our awesome defense was yesterday

Post by autobon7 »

Jordysghost wrote: I like this spunky new guy.
Jordy second account?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

magster wrote:smart because shaun hill stinks??so does bradford. the worst pocket presence for a QB I've seen in years.If they even have a pocket.granted they had loses at the O line,but this trade was bonehead. they dont again make playoffs give away draft picks,for what...look at the hershel walker trade....the worst in NFL history...typical Minnesota doings.they had great coaches,Dungy,bilick,leave this organization and succeed.You got it right Franchise is a joke...THEY STINK.
I'm guessing you're just trolling on here now after looking at that post so I'm not going to waste my time
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

magster wrote: Quit because Zimmer really does suck???maybe, but i would want to win regardless...and I would want to win even more because I would be tired of being on a time that sucks all the time...
Is it just me or do these posts make zero sense?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Is it just me or do these posts make zero sense?
It's been addressed.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

autobon7 wrote:

Jordy second account?
Bite thy toungue sir.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
magster
Practice Squad

Post by magster »

Purple Reign wrote: Sorry to break it to you but that is nothing more than Monday morning quarterbacking. It's always easy to say what they should have done after the fact plus there is no guarantee that running the ball would have worked. Gary Anderson hadn't missed a field goal all season but he did that day. That is the play that cost us going to the Super Bowl that year, not bad coaching decisions.
yes it was a bad coaching decision,but its not about what happened in 98 it's just an example of this team and fans not knowing fundemental football.
magster
Practice Squad

Post by magster »

sick of all theese excuses year in and year out....

people vike boards say they failed cause of this cause of that coach this coach that O line this D that that,secondary this ,special team that.i've been a fan here longer than most of you were even born....It's the same stuff every year.. the vikes do nothing more than build a team for now and not for the future. i'm begining to think all they care about ( the organization ) is selling out home field games...who cares as long as we sell out games who cares about fielding a SB team..This team is a LONG way from being competitive in the playoffs let alone the SB. If you cant see this you dont know football.you think you have a good team,they go to philly, DC,DETROIT,games at home all the time and get blown out.look at the last time they were competitive.With this Organization and talent ( as much as you want to) dont want to be embarresed in the playoffs because they cant even beat a 4-10 team down the stretch,especially at home.You think they have a chance beating Green Bay in Wis. what a joke...money on the line.lolo lol lol.....I love the Vikes since 1964 but This same ole crap year in and year out tells me this orginization doesn't care at all.Every year it's the secondary needs this draft pick,the D line needs this tackle or DE,the O line needs a better guard ,tackle,tight end,center OR QB.iTS THE SAME CRAP EVERY YEAR...WHY IS New England so succesful all the time???they cheat,......STOP FOLKS.lets let N E PLAY MINNESOTA patriots not allowed to have any coaches on the sideline.My money says patriots crushes them to peanuts....Minnersota comes across a par team by accident once in a while,while consistently they suck,think about it.Is it the coaching???the players? both at the same time.they have a bad year on D they load uo on D the next year,the O line blows,they load uo the next year and so on,Its over and over and over,They havent had a solid QB in over a decade.Hell the best QB they had was a going out the door was Favre.Bridgewater is very mobile,weak arm down the field and small.bradford blows all the way from the rams.Im not a bandwagoneer,but i will not be on here until this team is consistent all the way around..and that will be a long time...until this team gets dedicated personal in the front office,coaching,and on the field..........Stop making excuses for this poorly run organization and realize they suck and you'll be much better off.just watch them for entertainment,sort of like the three stooges and you wont get high blood pressure. I wanna say go Vikes but they suck as always and always will............................
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

magster wrote:sick of all theese excuses year in and year out....

people vike boards say they failed cause of this cause of that coach this coach that O line this D that that,secondary this ,special team that.i've been a fan here longer than most of you were even born....It's the same stuff every year.. the vikes do nothing more than build a team for now and not for the future. i'm begining to think all they care about ( the organization ) is selling out home field games...who cares as long as we sell out games who cares about fielding a SB team..This team is a LONG way from being competitive in the playoffs let alone the SB. If you cant see this you dont know football.you think you have a good team,they go to philly, DC,DETROIT,games at home all the time and get blown out.look at the last time they were competitive.With this Organization and talent ( as much as you want to) dont want to be embarresed in the playoffs because they cant even beat a 4-10 team down the stretch,especially at home.You think they have a chance beating Green Bay in Wis. what a joke...money on the line.lolo lol lol.....I love the Vikes since 1964 but This same ole crap year in and year out tells me this orginization doesn't care at all.Every year it's the secondary needs this draft pick,the D line needs this tackle or DE,the O line needs a better guard ,tackle,tight end,center OR QB.iTS THE SAME CRAP EVERY YEAR...WHY IS New England so succesful all the time???they cheat,......STOP FOLKS.lets let N E PLAY MINNESOTA patriots not allowed to have any coaches on the sideline.My money says patriots crushes them to peanuts....Minnersota comes across a par team by accident once in a while,while consistently they suck,think about it.Is it the coaching???the players? both at the same time.they have a bad year on D they load uo on D the next year,the O line blows,they load uo the next year and so on,Its over and over and over,They havent had a solid QB in over a decade.Hell the best QB they had was a going out the door was Favre.Bridgewater is very mobile,weak arm down the field and small.bradford blows all the way from the rams.Im not a bandwagoneer,but i will not be on here until this team is consistent all the way around..and that will be a long time...until this team gets dedicated personal in the front office,coaching,and on the field..........Stop making excuses for this poorly run organization and realize they suck and you'll be much better off.just watch them for entertainment,sort of like the three stooges and you wont get high blood pressure. I wanna say go Vikes but they suck as always and always will............................
Dude - take a chill pill - I think your blood pressure needs checking. Either that or you are just trolling and I'm going to wager it's the latter.
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Just had a conversation at the bar with one of my buddies about Anthony Barr's dissapearing act this season and was wondering if anyone who watches him closer has more input. Has he been seeing more attention from opposing offenses and thats why we havemt seen him making as many impact plays? Or has his play just slipped? We compared him to our version of Clay Matthews, a guy who has shown he can be an absolute stud but is banged up too often and has been dissapointing as of late. There has been talk of the Packers parting ways with Matthews this offseason to save money. If Barr has just been ineffective on his own and not just because opposing offenses are scheming against him then shouldnt we follow the same logic and sell high on him? Would think he would still have pretty good trade value, it just depends how difficult it would be to replace him.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Disagree 100%. I've said this before when the Bradford trade happened. It was a smart move because if Teddy isnt back ready for week 1 or ever ready, we have a QB in place next year and possibly longer. If we dont make that trade, we have Taylor Heinecke and would have to make a move for someone. Hill is a FA. And this is a very weak QB class. Our only healthy QB next year would be Heinecke if that was the case. But yeah lets NOT trade for Bradford, have zero chance at doing anything this year and go into next year with Taylor Heinecke as the only healthy QB on our roster. Sounds like a great plan. But yeah I guess this franchise is just a disgrace. :whistle:

Hey check this out, PHP, we completely agree on this point! :beerock: :beerock: :beerock:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

beerfan wrote:Just had a conversation at the bar with one of my buddies about Anthony Barr's dissapearing act this season and was wondering if anyone who watches him closer has more input. Has he been seeing more attention from opposing offenses and thats why we havemt seen him making as many impact plays? Or has his play just slipped? We compared him to our version of Clay Matthews, a guy who has shown he can be an absolute stud but is banged up too often and has been dissapointing as of late. There has been talk of the Packers parting ways with Matthews this offseason to save money. If Barr has just been ineffective on his own and not just because opposing offenses are scheming against him then shouldnt we follow the same logic and sell high on him? Would think he would still have pretty good trade value, it just depends how difficult it would be to replace him.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I don't think he'd garner enough in a trade to make it worthwhile. His play has dipped noticeably as of late. I don't have any answers.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote:
Hey check this out, PHP, we completely agree on this point! :beerock: :beerock: :beerock:
Woooo :thumbsup:
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I think teams are scheming to take him out of the play. He's a legitimate difference maker and Pro Bowl type of talent.
Also, remember that he was a DE in college !
IF we ran a 3-4, he would be a prototype Von Miller, Julius Peppers type !

I think that he's fine. No way I trade him right now.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote:I think teams are scheming to take him out of the play. He's a legitimate difference maker and Pro Bowl type of talent.
Also, remember that he was a DE in college !
IF we ran a 3-4, he would be a prototype Von Miller, Julius Peppers type !

I think that he's fine. No way I trade him right now.
Yeah having one bad year is a stupid reason to trade someone. The good very much outweighs the bad since he's been in the league. Just yet again another overreaction
-Chazz Palminteri
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Taken from ESPN.....

"Anthony sometimes has a tendency to coast a little bit,” Zimmer said. “I think when he cuts it loose a little bit more, I think that’s when you make the explosive plays and the kind of ‘wow’ plays.”