Time to go to Heineke

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Time to go to Heineke

Post by allday1991 »

reads title* :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: god no, just no.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

halfgiz wrote:I think you let Bradford play against the Packers. And see what team decides to show.
But I'm fine giving some people we want a look at play in the Bears game.
Yesterday's game would have been a prefect opportunity to stick Heinicke in 4th quarter.
Except that he wasn't active (was he?) because we needed to have our 2 best options for winning dressed for the game. :confused:
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

we should ask the players if they think this season is over? really, that is a question worth asking. did you watch the game yesterday? wow.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Purple Martin wrote: Except that he wasn't active (was he?) because we needed to have our 2 best options for winning dressed for the game. :confused:
No Heinicke usually hasn't been active.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Cut Peterson , save the cap room. Start again.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

One silver lining if they stick with Bradford is that he may continue to play so badly that they can't possibly justify keeping him as the starter next year. Hopeless fans don't buy tickets and if he can convince the remaining few that he'll never be the answer it could be good for the team longterm. Bradford and Peterson's contracts could pay for a big upgrade at OL, which will be extra important with no 1st rd pick. Shaun Hill and some veteran behind an improved OL could stop-gap us through next season. Invest our 2nd in a QB to give the fan base some hope and keep the money coming in.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

fiestavike wrote:One silver lining if they stick with Bradford is that he may continue to play so badly that they can't possibly justify keeping him as the starter next year. Hopeless fans don't buy tickets and if he can convince the remaining few that he'll never be the answer it could be good for the team longterm. Bradford and Peterson's contracts could pay for a big upgrade at OL, which will be extra important with no 1st rd pick. Shaun Hill and some veteran behind an improved OL could stop-gap us through next season. Invest our 2nd in a QB to give the fan base some hope and keep the money coming in.
:rofl: Geez, will you stop with this stuff! You're killing me! :rofl: You're hoping we dump Bradford (who aside from some mistakes and vulnerabilities can't "continue playing badly" because he hasnt been playing badly) and watch Shaun Hill flop next year, all for the shot at some unknown someone who may or may not pan out several years after that? You must be joking! :rofl: Zimmer and half the defense could be retired by then. That's your idea of "hope"?
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:One silver lining if they stick with Bradford is that he may continue to play so badly that they can't possibly justify keeping him as the starter next year. Hopeless fans don't buy tickets and if he can convince the remaining few that he'll never be the answer it could be good for the team longterm. Bradford and Peterson's contracts could pay for a big upgrade at OL, which will be extra important with no 1st rd pick. Shaun Hill and some veteran behind an improved OL could stop-gap us through next season. Invest our 2nd in a QB to give the fan base some hope and keep the money coming in.
Just stop, its absolutely pathetic how you want to absolve Bridgewater for his flaws, while constantly discrediting Bradford who this point has played better then Bridgewater ever showed capabaility of.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Purple Martin wrote: :rofl: Geez, will you stop with this stuff! You're killing me! :rofl: You're hoping we dump Bradford (who aside from some mistakes and vulnerabilities can't "continue playing badly" because he hasnt been playing badly) and watch Shaun Hill flop next year, all for the shot at some unknown someone who may or may not pan out several years after that? You must be joking! :rofl: Zimmer and half the defense could be retired by then. That's your idea of "hope"?
I'm saying from the team's perspective it could help them fill seats to spend a draft pick on a QB...I think that's why they made the QB trade in the first place.

I have essentially no hope for this franchise. They just won't stop playing smallball.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: I'm saying from the team's perspective it could help them fill seats to spend a draft pick on a QB...I think that's why they made the QB trade in the first place.

I have essentially no hope for this franchise. They just won't stop playing smallball.
Sam Bradford is better than any QB in this years draft by a long shot IMO. This is a very weak class.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

You want to play a guy who has never taken a snap in an NFL game over Sam Bradford?

Really glad you're not the coach. We'd have a shiny new stadium with 147 fans in the stands, half of those being Taylor Heineke's family. I mean, if this kid were "all that," don't you think he'd have played by now?

And for the record, Sam Bradford has been really good for the Vikings. 9th in passer rating, 1st in completion percentage, 3rd in interception percentage, and among the league leaders in efficiency both downfield and against the blitz. Given the offensive line that's been protecting him (and I use the term "protecting" very, very loosely) and the utter lack of a running game, that's pretty darned good.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote:You want to play a guy who has never taken a snap in an NFL game over Sam Bradford?

Really glad you're not the coach. We'd have a shiny new stadium with 147 fans in the stands, half of those being Taylor Heineke's family. I mean, if this kid were "all that," don't you think he'd have played by now?

And for the record, Sam Bradford has been really good for the Vikings. 9th in passer rating, 1st in completion percentage, 3rd in interception percentage, and among the league leaders in efficiency both downfield and against the blitz. Given the offensive line that's been protecting him (and I use the term "protecting" very, very loosely) and the utter lack of a running game, that's pretty darned good.
Exactly what I've been saying. Yet there are people on here that want to say he is the problem, he's a bum or it was a bad trade. I couldn't disagree more
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Of all of the things to complain about on the team, I'm not sure how you focus in on Bradford who has been one of the only bright spots on offense since he got here.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the offense this last game was that they decided since Peterson was back we could just go back to slamming the RB into the offensive line and yards would magically appear. The offensive line couldn't "impose it's will" on a puppy. Peterson can't do it alone. I'm not sure if 25 year old Peterson could have done it, let alone 32 year old Peterson. Opening every drive with running plays up the gut doesn't work with this offensive line. I can't fathom why they're still doing that ...
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Cliff wrote:Of all of the things to complain about on the team, I'm not sure how you focus in on Bradford who has been one of the only bright spots on offense since he got here.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the offense this last game was that they decided since Peterson was back we could just go back to slamming the RB into the offensive line and yards would magically appear. The offensive line couldn't "impose it's will" on a puppy. Peterson can't do it alone. I'm not sure if 25 year old Peterson could have done it, let alone 32 year old Peterson. Opening every drive with running plays up the gut doesn't work with this offensive line. I can't fathom why they're still doing that ...
Very well said, Cliff. The Vikings have numerous issues right now, with the OL certainly being the most glaring deficiency on the team. I amazed Bradford has been able to do what he's done behind this crippled mess of an offensive line.

On that note, I fully expect the Vikings staff to upgrade the OL in both the free agency and draft during the offseason. Because if they don't, the skill position players on offense might commit mutiny. I know the fans sure won't be happy.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

losperros wrote: Very well said, Cliff. The Vikings have numerous issues right now, with the OL certainly being the most glaring deficiency on the team. I amazed Bradford has been able to do what he's done behind this crippled mess of an offensive line.

On that note, I fully expect the Vikings staff to upgrade the OL in both the free agency and draft during the offseason. Because if they don't, the skill position players on offense might commit mutiny. I know the fans sure won't be happy.
Agree 100%. I truly believe they will. They had to modify their damn offense because the OL was so weak for gods sake. They're going to address it big time. I'm not worried
-Chazz Palminteri