Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingPaul73 wrote:
"nothing but go up with this team"

seriously, dude??? 2016 version of the vikes is the worst that I can ever remember. I've been a fan since the early '80s. This team is seriously the worst I can remember, They are absolutely awful, brutal, terrible. I can't remember being more hopeless as a vikings fan

nothing but go up.....give me a break.......zimmer is on the hot seat next year.....I hope.
Dude that's laughable. Listen to yourself right now. Worst team you can remember and have been a fan since the 80's? I can name plenty of teams that were way worse than this one. We gave up 34 points today and still probably have a top 3 total defense in the NFL. But yeah, definitely the worst team you've ever seen. :roll:

Say whatever you want back but I have no further comments to anything you have to say in this thread. What you said above says enough
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

2-7
probably end up 2-9

roll your eyes all you want but this team is absolutely awful......and you know it.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Texas Vike wrote:
Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.
I'm peeved because Colts can come into our home, with 3 rookies on the OL and get 160 yards
We can only gain 34 with our line and one run was for 13 yards and a fumble.
No excuse for that...no reason we shouldn't putting more yards up against sub-par defenses.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote:

Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.
Man I really bursted your bubble when I said Asiata was terrible didnt I??

Hopefully I'll see its the OL?? When did I ever try to defend this OL?? We're talking about Matt Asiata here. In no way, shape or form should that guy be a lead back anywhere. But yeah AP had a whopping 6 carries. So to say he didnt help our run game doesnt say much since we ran the ball a total of 9 times today since we were losing out of the gate.

As for Zimmer, yeah he deserves criticism. But not "HE'S GOTTA BE ON THE HOT SEAT". It's one damn game. I didnt see anyone saying that last year when we got embarrassed by Seattle at home in the regular season. But since most of this board is already bent out of shape about how this season went mainly due to injuries, now all of the sudden the guy is one the hot seat?? :lol:

Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Top 3 defense in the NFL but this is the worst Vikings team ever at 7-7. :lol:

Even worse than the 1984 Vikings at 3-13

....Or the 1990 6-10 team

....Or the 2001 5-11 team

....Or the 2010 6-10 team

....Or best of all, the 3-13 2011 team.

Yup just worse than them all :lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Glad I wasn't around for this debacle!

It was really quite humorous watching.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill
You're strongly overreacting to some of the comments here yourself so taking the night off might be a good idea.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Its time!

"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Man I really bursted your bubble when I said Asiata was terrible didnt I??

Hopefully I'll see its the OL?? When did I ever try to defend this OL?? We're talking about Matt Asiata here. In no way, shape or form should that guy be a lead back anywhere. But yeah AP had a whopping 6 carries. So to say he didnt help our run game doesnt say much since we ran the ball a total of 9 times today since we were losing out of the gate.

As for Zimmer, yeah he deserves criticism. But not "HE'S GOTTA BE ON THE HOT SEAT". It's one damn game. I didnt see anyone saying that last year when we got embarrassed by Seattle at home in the regular season. But since most of this board is already bent out of shape about how this season went mainly due to injuries, now all of the sudden the guy is one the hot seat?? :lol:

Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill
No bursted bubbles here. I don't think Asiata is amazing either, but he's not the reason for our inept run game as you have stated over and over here. AD couldn't do anything at all with the same line. That's not true, he did manage to get 12 yards on one carry and then fumble and kill the only momentum we had all game. :appl:

I'd have been pissed if I had gone to today's game. They looked so uninspired; the putatively "elite" D that everyone bangs their drum about looked horrid and indifferent today.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Dude that's laughable. Listen to yourself right now. Worst team you can remember and have been a fan since the 80's? I can name plenty of teams that were way worse than this one. We gave up 34 points today and still probably have a top 3 total defense in the NFL. But yeah, definitely the worst team you've ever seen. :roll:

Say whatever you want back but I have no further comments to anything you have to say in this thread. What you said above says enough
same people getting mad the eagles and saints won, like that has any bearing on our playoff chances. Just goes to show they have no idea how football works
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Top 3 defense in the NFL but this is the worst Vikings team ever at 7-7. :lol:

Even worse than the 1984 Vikings at 3-13

....Or the 1990 6-10 team

....Or the 2001 5-11 team

....Or the 2010 6-10 team

....Or best of all, the 3-13 2011 team.

Yup just worse than them all :lol:
2-7. they beat the 5-7-1 cards at home, with the benefit of some nice home field calls. they beat the 2-12 Jags. Barely.

the defense is overrated and the offense is simply not an NFL offense. They're not even BAD. BAD would be a huge improvement. THIS OFFENSE DOES NOT BELONG IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is an embarrassment. A joke. A complete joke.

I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be a jerk. And I wish I was wrong. But this team is painful to watch. Honestly, I really can't bear to watch this team. And I've been a fan through Ponder, Tjoke, Tice....
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote: No bursted bubbles here. I don't think Asiata is amazing either, but he's not the reason for our inept run game as you have stated over and over here. AD couldn't do anything at all with the same line. That's not true, he did manage to get 12 yards on one carry and then fumble and kill the only momentum we had all game. :appl:

I'd have been pissed if I had gone to today's game. They looked so uninspired; the putatively "elite" D that everyone bangs their drum about looked horrid and indifferent today.
Adrian Peterson had 6 carries. How can you judge if he can fix the running game or not? Youre really going to evaluate a 6 carry game. The line is horrid yeah. But Matt Asiata isn't ever going to help a good line or a bad line. He's just not a good RB and never will be. Simple as that. I'm not sitting here saying our line is good and Matt Asiata is why the running game is bad. I'm just simply saying Asiata is bad which he is
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote: You're strongly overreacting to some of the comments here yourself so taking the night off might be a good idea.
I'm not overreacting. I'm pointing out how ridiculous some of these overreactions sound
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

This defense is overrated?? :roll:

We're top 5 in almost every defensive category except run defense (which we are 18th) but somehow this defense is overrated because they have one bad game and are consistently on the field because the offense can't sustain drives. Makes total sense :confused:
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:This defense is overrated?? :roll:

We're top 5 in almost every defensive category except run defense (which we are 18th) but somehow this defense is overrated because they have one bad game and are consistently on the field because the offense can't sustain drives. Makes total sense :confused:

Yes, overrated. I'm sick of hearing about what an "ELITE" defense Zimmer has created. This Defense is not elite.

They are good. Period.

6th in scoring and 18th against the run. This is not elite. Elite defenses don't let Matt Stafford drive 60+ yards twice in the final minutes to a comeback win. Elite defenses don't get smoked by a very average Colts team at home. Elite defenses don't get lit up by the bears.

Zimmer has improved the defense. the defense is better than it was under Frazier. But the offense is worse. maybe under Frazier the D was a 5 and the O was a 5. Now the D is a 7 and the O is a 1.

this simply isn't an "ELITE" defense. It's a good defense, not elite, and no amount of :roll: :roll: :roll: will make it so.