AD returning Sunday against the Colts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

AD returning Sunday against the Colts

Post by halfgiz »

"Ready to roll," Adrian Peterson says he'll play Sunday during interview w/ Dash Radio startribune.com/adrian-peterso… pic.twitter.com/komeMtMzmC

Peterson said he’ll play Sunday against the Colts, his first game action since suffering a torn meniscus in his right knee Week 2, he told Dash Radio during an interview on Friday afternoon. According to Billboard, Peterson has a financial stake in the radio station.

The Vikings need to officially activate Peterson, who remains on injured reserve with a designation to return, and make a corresponding roster move before he can play.

http://www.startribune.com/adrian-peter ... 407110406/
DMB1MT
Practice Squad

Re: AD returning Sunday against the Colts

Post by DMB1MT »

I'm excited :)
Even if it's only for a couple of plays as a decoy!
Big fan of AD.

SKOL Vikings :rock:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

It's definitely good news. If we could get one or two decent runs out of him, that would be better than what we're getting now. With this line, I'm not sure how possible that is, but maybe he'll provide some kind of extra motivation. Supposedly T.J. Clemmings is a decent run blocker ... maybe AP can get a chunk play or two early, and that opens up things in the passing game.

Right now, I'll take just about anything that helps this offense score more points.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I will be there too! It is the xmas gift i got for my dad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I will be there too! It is the xmas gift i got for my dad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Dress warm!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: Dress warm!!
I know... it will be -20 when the game starts!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Banquo
Backup

Post by Banquo »

In my opinion, at 7-6 with the offense playing the way it is, the only way this injury plagued season turns into a playoff berth is if a fresh AD happens to get hot and take the team on a three game sweep. I don't believe that the offense as it's been lately is capable of doing that. So that said, if it was me, I would throw caution to the wind and run the offense completely from under center and see what they can get going. If it works, you may have the spark you need. If it doesn't, it probably wasn't going to this season. But I kind of doubt trying to mix Peterson into the shotgun offense will work. That's just not his game.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Color me cautious. Im not sure what to expect Sunday, but if Peterson even does moderately well Sunday (100+ yards), then I like our chances. If not, hope we still win and Detroit fails.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Either way he will still force defenses to put more in the box which opens up the passing game. It's what happened in the first GB game until he went down. We made GBs DBs look foolish because they were so focused on stopping the run
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Am i the only one to see the article where he would only play in a playoff game? I feel as if the tiny bit of my mind is getting eatting by rats. Put my name on the banner on to if it happens Jim.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think AD will see limited action just to get a feel for things.
I will be happy if he picks up a couple of them 3rd and 1 to keep the drive going.
COViking
Backup

Post by COViking »

Am i the only one to see the article where he would only play in a playoff game? I feel as if the tiny bit of my mind is getting eatting by rats. Put my name on the banner on to if it happens Jim.
I belive he said he wasn't coming back if the vikes were out if the race.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Either way he will still force defenses to put more in the box which opens up the passing game. It's what happened in the first GB game until he went down. We made GBs DBs look foolish because they were so focused on stopping the run
Until he went down? Looked to me lile it was a game long thing.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Am i the only one to see the article where he would only play in a playoff game? I feel as if the tiny bit of my mind is getting eatting by rats. Put my name on the banner on to if it happens Jim.
I thought he said something to the affect that he'd only play if still in the hunt. Let's face it, if they lose this week they'd be on life support and GB would put them out of their misery so I'm up for his come back tomorrow for sure but the Vikings have not officially said he's playing yet to my recollection. If they do activate him they have to make a move to clear a roster spot.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

#Vikings officially activate Adrian Peterson, putting him on track to return tomorrow. DT Toby Johnson waived.