Injury News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

cmoss84
Veteran

Re: Injury News

Post by cmoss84 »

Any news on AP? Anyone want to go out on a limb and say he plays this weekend?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

cmoss84 wrote:Any news on AP? Anyone want to go out on a limb and say he plays this weekend?
He said after the colts, assuming a win.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

cmoss84 wrote:Any news on AP? Anyone want to go out on a limb and say he plays this weekend?

@NFLFBGAMETIME
1h
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson plans to practice this week and is aiming for a week 16 return vs Green Bay. Hasn't played since week 2.

Hope the field is decent that week.
I would think that a dome would be an easier start.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I just read AD said the only way he plays anymore this season is if the get in the playoffs. Maybe Rick can find some kind og running back by then. I know our line has some serious suckage, but MckInnon should be used as a different type of back and Asiata should go back to bagging groceries or whatever he was doing before Rick spotted him. I just kidding, I have no idea who saw Asiata. He is/was good at one thing, that short fast screen pass.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Was just thinking, if Adrian returns on Christmas eve, he will be returning on the same day that he tore his ACL 5 years ago.
Formerly AADPFan
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Thaumaturgist wrote:Floyd on IR for the year.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/ ... loyd-on-ir
Hard to speculate, and I don't like to, but, I would bet he is experiencing something along the lines of chondromalacia or an osteochondral defect. Neither are good physiological issues to be dealing with.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have seen the last of Shariff Floyd as a Viking.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The Vikings designated Adrian Peterson for return from injured reserve, and announced Peterson will practice... es.pn/2gJ8kW6
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

halfgiz wrote:The Vikings designated Adrian Peterson for return from injured reserve, and announced Peterson will practice... es.pn/2gJ8kW6
He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. We can only hope he's the spark that ignites this team...
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

5thWave wrote: He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. We can only hope he's the spark that ignites this team...
His return in and of itself is unlikely to hurt, unless it causes our OC and QB to reverse the modest positive changes of late. In theory AP's presence should create opportunities for the passing game but it has rarely worked that way in reality. Perhaps that's because we've had quarterbacks who were unable to take advantage of it, I guess we'll find out. Bradford has the skills to take advantage of those opportunities IMO, but he has also shown the ability to be a checkdown charlotte. If they expect AP to carry the team we're in for a long, unbearable 3 game stretch.

We are Vikings. I will hope for the best but expect the worst, or expect that our "best" will only be a slightly different flavor of the status quo. Which isn't very good. :?
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I saw Harrison Smith may return this Sunday!
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

5thWave wrote: He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. We can only hope he's the spark that ignites this team...
Most excited I've been then season since week 5. Glad to hear the cries for McKinnon have stopped as I knew they would. I have full faith that a.p will play good enough when he gets back to prove his value for this team and how bad they need him. Let him go an by the time we "rebuild" Smith will be retired.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

allday1991 wrote: Most excited I've been then season since week 5. Glad to hear the cries for McKinnon have stopped as I knew they would. I have full faith that a.p will play good enough when he gets back to prove his value for this team and how bad they need him. Let him go an by the time we "rebuild" Smith will be retired.
A 32 year old running back isn't going to lead our team to the future.

More than likely, in true Vikings fashion he will storm in the last three games, run for 780 yards, 8 TDs, lead a three game winning, but we will miss the playoffs, hell receive a monstrous extension this offseason... Then never break 80 yards in a game again. :lol: :oops:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Maelstrom88 wrote:I saw Harrison Smith may return this Sunday!
Wow that would be great!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

IrishViking wrote:
More than likely, in true Vikings fashion he will storm in the last three games, run for 780 yards, 8 TDs, lead a three game winning, but we will miss the playoffs, hell receive a monstrous extension this offseason... Then never break 80 yards in a game again. :lol: :oops:
Sounds about right. We are all about mortgaging the future for mediocrity. Its been one near constant in the history of this franchise.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@eric_j_thompson
4m
The #Vikings will roll out their seventh different starting offensive line combination of the season on Sunday vs. the #Colts. pic.twitter.com/X0CwbBE0eR