View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Vikings vs. Jaguars PFF Grades 
Starter

Post Vikings vs. Jaguars PFF Grades
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-mi ... gs-to-win/

They actually had a game plan that called for deep passes! I was pleased :rock: Solid win albeit against a team that isn't very good but I'll take it.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Transition Player

Post Re: Vikings vs. Jaguars PFF Grades
I really like their reports. I didn't see the game, but good to see certain guys showing up on their lists !!!
Top offensive grades:

QB Sam Bradford, 79.7
LG Alex Boone, 78.5
TE Kyle Rudolph, 78.0
WR Adam Thielen, 77.6
HB Jerick McKinnon, 68.9

Top defensive grades:

DE Everson Griffin, 84.0
DT Linval Joseph, 78.8
LB Eric Kendricks, 78.5
CB Trae Waynes, 78.1
CB Terence Newman, 77.3

Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 pm
Starter

Hunter had a great game against the run grading out at a 90 plus notching another sack to his total. Live that kid! They need Adrian back to get this run game going or at least the threat of it going.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 pm
Site Admin

My wife after a couple long passes: Where has this offense been all season?
Me: Not playing the 2-10 Jaguars.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:31 pm
Starter

Cliff wrote:

:point:

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:39 pm
Veteran

Cliff wrote:

Me: Tell your wife you're sorry because you just found out that the Jags have the number TWO pass defense in the NFL.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:54 pm
Starter

That's because most teams have a lot of success rushing and don't need to pass as much. Doesn't mean the pass defense is good necessarily. Also when teams have comfortable leads they can take the air out of the ball which in turn makes the passing yards against look better.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Maelstrom88 wrote:
That's because most teams have a lot of success rushing and don't need to pass as much. Doesn't mean the pass defense is good necessarily. Also when teams have comfortable leads they can take the air out of the ball which in turn makes the passing yards against look better.

Not necessarily true. While they have had the least amount of passing attempts against them, the league average is around 463, about 40 more than the Jags. That's about 3.4 pass attempts less per game. While the teams that they have played are averaging 25.7 rushing attempts per game with the league average of 25.9 rushing attempts per game.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 pm
Packers Suck

Maelstrom88 wrote:

The Jaguars have a very impressive secondary.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:18 pm
Backup

An interesting article regarding Bradfords surprising amount of downfield passes:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2016-12- ... dford-loss

Also the Jaguars pass defense has been much improved this year. Jalen Ramsey looks like a stud and the acquisitions of Tashaun Gispon and Prince Amakumara as well as a new scheme have helped the Jags defense improve a ton. Unfortunately Bortles has been terrible for them so their improved defense hasnt helped them win more often.

Either way this game was just another example of what Bradford is capable of. If we give him time and he is on he is good enough to pick apart any defense. Hopefully he tears up the Packers D in two weeks on Christmas Eve just like he did the first time we played cause ill be in attendance.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:16 am
Hall of Famer

Kendricks is twice then LB then Barr in my book. Barr was supposed to be the AD of LB's, but im much more afriad of losing

Kendricks then Barr. Barr has a nice called blitz sometimes, but not as good as Kendricks.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 am
Starter

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Kendricks is twice then LB then Barr in my book. Barr was supposed to be the AD of LB's, but im much more afriad of losing

Kendricks then Barr. Barr has a nice called blitz sometimes, but not as good as Kendricks.

Kendricks was awesome yesterday. I think he is the linchpin of the defense.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:57 am
Veteran

Maelstrom88 wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Kendricks was awesome yesterday. I think he is the linchpin of the defense.

They don't seem to be blitzing Barr as much as last season, which is surprising as it's a great strength of his.

I wonder if they are holding him back a bit for the playoffs :wink:

Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 am
Site Admin

RFIP wrote:
Cliff wrote:

Me: Tell your wife you're sorry because you just found out that the Jags have the number TWO pass defense in the NFL.

If you're looking at yards alone, sure ... but why would anybody judge an entire defense that way? They are letting teams catch 64.7% of passes thrown at them which is 25th worst in the league. QBs have a 93.3 average QBR against them which is 21st in the league. They're the worst in the league at intercepting the ball with 3. They also give up the 27th most points in the league.

As much as I would like to think the Vikings passing offense had suddenly turned it around and beat up on the 2nd best pass defense in the league, that's just not the case.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:28 am
Starter

Cliff wrote:
RFIP wrote:
Cliff wrote:

If you're looking at yards alone, sure ... but why would anybody judge an entire defense that way? They are letting teams catch 64.7% of passes thrown at them which is 25th worst in the league. QBs have a 93.3 average QBR against them which is 21st in the league. They're the worst in the league at intercepting the ball with 3. They also give up the 27th most points in the league.

As much as I would like to think the Vikings passing offense had suddenly turned it around and beat up on the 2nd best pass defense in the league, that's just not the case.

:thumbsup: Exactly

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:39 pm
Career Elite Player

beerfan wrote:

Either way this game was just another example of what Bradford is capable of. If we give him time and he is on he is good enough to pick apart any defense.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I think this is true for any NFL QB.

Also, I don't think he's been very accurate lately. His balls seem to be sailing and also hes not hitting his receivers in stride. I like his decision making for the most part. Don't know what to think about the failed two point conversion last week. I just wish he had the scrambling ability to put pressure on the D and extend plays. The more I think about it, the more I feel I'd like to see Teddy lead this team next year. If only we could combine the two Qbs. Bradford's arm strength, teddy's playmaking ability

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:06 pm
Rookie

Cliff wrote:
RFIP wrote:
Cliff wrote:

Pessimist![WINKING FACE]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:00 pm
Fenrir

Anyone know how Easton graded?

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]