Remaining Schedules

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NCViking
Backup

Re: Remaining Schedules

Post by NCViking »

Raptorman wrote:With the Giants beating the Cowboys the Vikings now need to win out, and have at least two teams lose two games or the Lions lose all three.
Not necessarily. We would get in if Redskins lost one and the Bucs lost two if we win out. I'm just pissed we blew both games to the Lions. We would be leading the division if we just won one of them because we would lead in the division tiebreaker. 2-2 vs 2-3
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

the Lions could quite easily go 0-3. that's a tough remaining schedule for them. Especially as Green Bay won, they still have something to play for. If anything, them beating the Seahags has done us a favour.
Giants and Cowboys, both with something to play for. Could be a tough run in for them.
Our three, are easily winnable games. Fingers crossed, i haven't given up just yet.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote: How does leadership fix 5 tackles going down to injury? And every other position at some point in time.

Leadership needs to upgrade the line, I don't think there's any argument there but what happened this year could not be fixed by any team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Injuries happen, I know you have been hit pretty hard by them, but you arent the only one.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:How does leadership fix 5 tackles going down to injury? And every other position at some point in time.
A good place to start: don't rely heavily on injury-prone tackles.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Jordysghost wrote:
Injuries happen, I know you have been hit pretty hard by them, but you arent the only one.
Of course not. However, what team has had the same extent of injury as us? I would argue no team is as decimated as the Vikings.
Raptorman wrote:With the Giants beating the Cowboys the Vikings now need to win out, and have at least two teams lose two games or the Lions lose all three.
Team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs if they cannot even beat Detroit one freaking time.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Of course not. However, what team has had the same extent of injury as us? I would argue no team is as decimated as the Vikings.
Team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs if they cannot even beat Detroit one freaking time.
I think the same about the Packers. :confused:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Of course not. However, what team has had the same extent of injury as us? I would argue no team is as decimated as the Vikings.
Detroit is a better team than you think they are. At this point, I would say they are better than Dallas. Actually, I think they beat Dallas. As will Tampa.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:Detroit is a better team than you think they are. At this point, I would say they are better than Dallas. Actually, I think they beat Dallas. As will Tampa.
They are not better then Dallas. Or at least, i really doubt it.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I just see the good or better team winning out, and to me, thats Rogers. If Rogers is gone, and Stafford things should be easier for us. We have the tiniest bit of hope at least.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Well the chances have gone down, but the Vikings can still make the playoffs with some help, or "backing in" as some on here have called it in the past. Here's what has to happen:

Vikings: 7-7
@Packers W
vs Bears W

Final: 9-7

Redskins: 7-6-1
@Bears
vs Giants

Redskins need to lose one of these games, if they win both they will have fewer losses than the Vikings and will win the wildcard slot. It is likely that they lose to the Giants. Finish at 8-7-1.

Buccaneers: 8-6
@Saints
vs Panthers

The bucs have to lose both of these games. If they win one and go 9-7 they hold the tie breaker over the Vikings.

Packers: 8-7
vs Vikings
@ Lions

If the division ends up in a three way tie at 9-7 the Packers get the division (based off of division record) and the Lions would get the wildcard (based off beating the Vikings head to head twice). So the Lions either need to win this weekend at Dallas or win in week 17 against the Packers.

If you don't believe what I've posted, here is the ESPN Playoff Machine which applies all tiebreakers. See for yourself.

For the record, I don't think the Vikings will be making the playoffs this year. They don't deserve to. They have shot themselves in the foot too many times.

Edit: if the Vikings lose either of their remaining games there is no possible way for them to make the playoffs.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I assume that the Giants get the 1st WC spot?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I assume that the Giants get the 1st WC spot?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yep
Damian
magster
Practice Squad

Post by magster »

akvikingsfan wrote:Looking at the remaining schedules for teams in the hunt for the playoffs, if the Vikings win out (haha I know right?) they stand a great chance of either winning the wildcard or possibly the division. The reason being, a lot of the teams in the hunt (I excluded teams that have no chance of getting to 10 wins) still have games against each other.

Vikings: 7-6
Colts
@Packers
Bears

Win out and the Vikings will be at 10-6

Lions: 9-4
@Giants L
@Cowboys L
Packers L

The Lions would then finish at 9-7 and nothing past this part matters because the Vikings would win the division.

*Note: Packers aren't included because for this scenario the Vikings would have to beat them in week 16 which then would prevent the Packers from reaching 10 wins.

Cowboys: 11-1
Not even worth posting their remaining schedule (all of their remaining games are against other teams "in the hunt"). I have them finishing at 14-2 and the first seed in the NFC.

Giants: 9-4
Lions W
@Eagles L
@Redskins W

Final: 11-5

Redskins: 7-5-1
Panthers W
@Bears W
Giants L

Redskins end the season at 9-6-1.

The only team from the West that matters are the Seahawks. They're the only one that can get over 10 wins. I have them finishing the season at 12-3-1 and the number two seed.

Falcons: 8-5
49ers W
@Panthers W
Saints W

Falcons win the South with an 11-5 record and secure the number 3 seed.

Bucs: 8-5
@Cowboys L
@Saints L
Panthers W

Bucs finish at 9-7

Under these conditions the playoffs would look like this:
1) Cowboys
2) Seahawks
3) Falcons
4) Vikings
5) Giants
6) Redskins

However, if the Lions manage to pull off one more win and everything else stays the same the playoffs would look like this:
1) Cowboys
2) Seahawks
3) Falcons
4) Lions
5) Giants
6) Vikings

Basically, what I'm saying is there's still a lot of football to play and the Vikings are still in it. :govikes: :v): :smilevike:

*Edit 1: Updated records after this weeks games. Removed Eagles and Saints, neither of them can reach 10 wins at this point, and under this scenario the Vikings would be at 10. Changed Lions last game against the Packers to a loss so show how Vikings can win division.

*Note 1: As of 4DEC16 there are 5 teams fighting for the 2 wildcard slots (assuming only teams with a chance of getting to 10 wins are fighting). Vikings are on the outside looking in.

*Edit 2: Updated with results from 11DEC16 early games.

*Edit 3: Updated with results from 11DEC16 late games.

*Edit 4: Updated with 11DEC16 night game. Made changes to how final standings would look.
you guys are on hope drugs.the vikes couldn't beat themselves
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

magster wrote:you guys are on hope drugs.the vikes couldn't beat themselves
Not true. They do that all the time.
Damian
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

This thread has become a moot point. I don't see the Vikings winning two, and I don't see the Bucs losing two.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966