If Teddy is 100%, who should be start @ QB next season?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Assuming Teddy is 100% and has a full offseason, who should start next season?

Teddy Bridgewater
22%
Sam Bradford
73%
Comedy Option (Spergon Wynn, John David Booty, Donovan McNabb)
4%

Total votes: 49

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: If Teddy is 100%, who should be start @ QB next season?

Post by soflavike »

Even if Teddy comes back at 100%, he is still playing on a majorly repaired knee. We don't know how mobile or how durable he will really be. Add to that the fact that Bradford is very accurate, and throws deep with more confidence, and the decision is easy from where I'm sitting. Bradford is the man.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

YikesVikes wrote:With our Oline we need a mobile QB. Teddy on the run was great.
I would say good, not great. But that doesn't even matter at this point as we have no idea what the busted up knee is going to do to his mobility. I also question how a guy who did that much damage to his knee without contact is ever going to have confidence enough to take contact.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I love Teddy but I don't think he will ever be as accurate
as Bradford is. If Spielman and company can fix our OL
with our defense we have a real chance.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Praying the vikings trade or release Teddy and he wins multiple championships elsewhere.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Well, as usual, I see it different. As far as injury goes, have we forgot what Sam Bradford has been? Teddy is much younger and has been saddled with Adrian Petersons offense. Not Teddys offense. I would like to see what Teddy could do WITHOUT Peterson getting the ball on every first and second down. Norv had morphed this offense to get AD the ball more than normal which skews the offense.
I don't believe we have seen the best of Teddy B. Only a horribly overuse of a 30 year old running back with 2 TE and FB set obvious run formation. I'd like to see what Teddy could do with this very same shotgun sets with quick reads and a very real threat of a possible run by Teddy.
The offense as it is now is 100 times more unpredictable, very unlike what it was when AD is on the field.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

fiestavike wrote:Praying the vikings trade or release Teddy and he wins multiple championships elsewhere.
You want Teddy to win elsewhere? Why not here?
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dkoby wrote: You want Teddy to win elsewhere? Why not here?

I had the same thought, but I think Fiesta is just pouting.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

dkoby wrote:Well, as usual, I see it different. As far as injury goes, have we forgot what Sam Bradford has been? Teddy is much younger and has been saddled with Adrian Petersons offense. Not Teddys offense. I would like to see what Teddy could do WITHOUT Peterson getting the ball on every first and second down. Norv had morphed this offense to get AD the ball more than normal which skews the offense.
I don't believe we have seen the best of Teddy B. Only a horribly overuse of a 30 year old running back with 2 TE and FB set obvious run formation. I'd like to see what Teddy could do with this very same shotgun sets with quick reads and a very real threat of a possible run by Teddy.
The offense as it is now is 100 times more unpredictable, very unlike what it was when AD is on the field.
Did you just say Teddy and quick reads in the same sentence? Teddy is afraid to make mistakes. Teddy may never run like he once did ever again. I agree Norv turner didn't maximize Teddy's chances but he's likely to be a different quarterback after this injury. Less mobile, more wary, and still scared and slow to release with a deep ball far less accurate than Bradford. He's young so he could still have a career in the NFL, but I don't see him starting if Bradford is healthy.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

jackal wrote:I love Teddy but I don't think he will ever be as accurate
as Bradford is. If Spielman and company can fix our OL
with our defense we have a real chance.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree with everything above and would add they need to figure out the RB thing too..
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

2016 season passer ratings

1. Matt Ryan • ATL 113.2
2. Tom Brady • NWE 113.1
3. Dak Prescott • DAL 102.7
4. Aaron Rodgers • GNB 101.1
5. Drew Brees • NOR 100.7
6. Kirk Cousins • WAS 100.3
7. Marcus Mariota • TEN 99.1
8. Sam Bradford • MIN 98.2
9. Brian Hoyer • CHI 98.0
10. Matthew Stafford • DET 97.8

(Teddy ranked 13th with a passer rating of 88.7 in 2015)

I know that passer rating doesn't mean everything, but it does give a decent snapshot of a QB's play.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I'd roll with Bradford. I think we have a limited window of time to compete for the championship with this defense and Teddy may not be healthy or ready to compete at the same level Bradford can immediately.

If we're talking 5 years down the road: Teddy.
If we're talking next two seasons: Bradford.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I love Teddy, been a huge supporter, but thinks he needs time. I also think we should see if Sam will sign a cheap 3 year deal, if not, the 2 year contract. And hope our 3rd striing can actually be groomed and isnt a J D Booty.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I love Teddy, been a huge supporter, but thinks he needs time. I also think we should see if Sam will sign a cheap 3 year deal, if not, the 2 year contract. And hope our 3rd striing can actually be groomed and isnt a J D Booty.
Bradford is 29, in his prime and at the top of his game. He's in complete control of the offense in which Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph AND CP are having the best years of their careers all with no OL or run game. He is the best player on the offense and its leader. He is not signing ANY cheap 2-3 year extension.

Are you watching the QB play in Houston? Buffalo? Denver? Jax? Chicago? SF? Arizona? Just to name a few. He will be in HIGH demand on the open market which is why it was such a smart move in the trade that he was signed through next year. He'll sign a long term deal worthy of his abilities or they will trade him to one of the aforementioned teams.

Best guess is however Zim and company know what they have in Bradford and he really likes the mid-west so I see a nice 5-7 year extension coming this off season.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

He will also cost a ton, and is slow and immobile. And holds the ball so defenders can swat at it. The last one is fixable, if we get a decent oline.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

RFIP wrote: Best guess is however Zim and company know what they have in Bradford and he really likes the mid-west so I see a nice 5-7 year extension coming this off season.

No more long-term premature extensions please. We have seen this movie before, and I don't want to see it anymore (i.e. Blair, Rudolph, Fusco).
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.