View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Rams doomed to fail in L.A. 
Author Message
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11321
Location: California
Post Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
The Rams billion dollar project is being built in one of the worst parts of L.A.
Inglewood almost five times national murder rate, 107 percent of national rape average,
three times the national average for robbery, 140 percent of average in assault's ..yeah
lets put a Billionare development in that neighborhood ,
Good Job Rodger Godell.

Compton is the heart of Crip and Blood gangland sits below Inglewood 8 miles or so
to the southeast. Chances in Compton of being a victim of violent crime 1/86 versus 1/252 people

Culver City sits above it and has one of the most violent street gangs that borders the 405
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CULVER%20CITY%2013
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1T-n4l8duOdA-vae-hNsJ0nQKUDQ&hl=en_US
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1nSrlZGCzymnSEi9lJpQy3n5PdCU&hl=en_US

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20150123/this-is-the-most-dangerous-place-for-homicides-in-los-angeles-county

Some 302 people in Compton were killed by another’s hand from 2000 through 2010, an 11-year span, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner. Of those, 177 are still unsolved.

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:42 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
were all those issues at play when the lakers played in that area?

no offense man, but the rams owner is a billionaire. you don't get to that level without knowing what you are doing.


Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
slapnut19 wrote:
were all those issues at play when the lakers played in that area?

no offense man, but the rams owner is a billionaire. you don't get to that level without knowing what you are doing.


Pretty much every owner is a billionaire and teams fail in areas all the time. Didn't he already fail in St. Louis anyway?

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:31 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Cliff wrote:
slapnut19 wrote:
were all those issues at play when the lakers played in that area?

no offense man, but the rams owner is a billionaire. you don't get to that level without knowing what you are doing.


Pretty much every owner is a billionaire and teams fail in areas all the time. Didn't he already fail in St. Louis anyway?



how did he fail exactly? he found a better situation for the team and will make even more money, and he did what the nfl wanted which is to get a team in the nfl's 2nd largest market. you think a few bad areas around inglewood will make this be a failure? narrow minded thinking if you ask me.


Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:49 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17445
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Why do you think the Lakers moved oit of Inglewood?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
there is a little bit more involved than just putting a stadium in a crappy neighborhood. also you are underestimating the impact of how much development will follow along with the stadium.


Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:51 pm
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11321
Location: California
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Quote:
there is a little bit more involved than just putting a stadium in a crappy neighborhood. also you are underestimating the impact of how much development will follow along with the stadium.


the only way it works if the team pays L.A.P.D. and County to make that whole area a no fly zone and arrest and do warrant checks 24/7 anywhere near the stadium.

If you go north from the 405 out the 101 to the Suburbs... You don't see anyone that does not belong there West lake, Thousand Oaks, Hidden Hills and Calabasas

I would imagine Pacific Palasades is the same way, and the same for Orange county exclusive places. Malibu was disappointing to be honest most of the stars homes

have huge privacy walls and don't venture out a lot, except for very exclusive places.

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:20 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
slapnut19 wrote:
how did he fail exactly? he found a better situation for the team and will make even more money, and he did what the nfl wanted which is to get a team in the nfl's 2nd largest market. you think a few bad areas around inglewood will make this be a failure? narrow minded thinking if you ask me.


It depends on what we're talking about.

The Rams being doomed to fail as a team in L.A. is not the same as the owner not making money. He failed to keep the Rams in St. Louis. I'm sure he still made money though.

Will he actually have a better situation? It's hard telling. This wouldn't be the first time the Rams failed there.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:14 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:33 pm
Posts: 559
Location: Newark, Illinois
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Is the question whether or not they will sell tickets? If I lived in the area I would certainly tune in on TV, buy the gear, etc... so it's just about who is going to trek out to the stadium amid the perilous stats mentioned. The reality is I rarely went to the HOMER dome because the tickets are expensive and I hate the hassle. So are the Vikings suffering because of that? I don't t think so.


Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:45 pm
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Cliff wrote:
slapnut19 wrote:
how did he fail exactly? he found a better situation for the team and will make even more money, and he did what the nfl wanted which is to get a team in the nfl's 2nd largest market. you think a few bad areas around inglewood will make this be a failure? narrow minded thinking if you ask me.


It depends on what we're talking about.

The Rams being doomed to fail as a team in L.A. is not the same as the owner not making money. He failed to keep the Rams in St. Louis. I'm sure he still made money though.

Will he actually have a better situation? It's hard telling. This wouldn't be the first time the Rams failed there.



comparing this situation to a georgia fronterie run team is a little off base. the real reason the rams will work is that the league wants a shiny new complex on the west coast. this isn't about ticket sales or what neighborhood the stadium is in. it's about the league having a presence in the 2nd largest media market in the country.


Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:40 pm
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11321
Location: California
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Quote:
comparing this situation to a georgia fronterie run team is a little off base. the real reason the rams will work is that the league wants a shiny new complex on the west coast. this isn't about ticket sales or what neighborhood the stadium is in. it's about the league having a presence in the 2nd largest media market in the country.


I think you will have people getting robbed and killed pulling off trying to get gas coming to and from the games.
I dated a girl that lives in one of the best areas in L.A. People from there kinda turn blinders to it, but are wise to
which areas to avoid. Its the fans who don't know L.A. I think will suffer the most. L.A. is a world unto itself with
a million things to do(with proper funds). I hope the Rams prosper I just think, putting a stadium in that area is beyond
insane.

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:21 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
LA doesn't follow a loser. the Rams will do okay when they are winning. Overall, I expect lots of empty seats once the novelty wears off again. Beyond that, its a nightmare to get anywhere in LA. For a Monday Night game you'd probably sit in traffic 3 hours BEFORE you even get the stadium.


Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:59 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
there are sports stadiums in worse areas than the inglewood area, and people aren't getting killed going to and from the game. some of you act like they are building the stadium in the middle east.


Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:52 pm
Profile
Waterboy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:22 am
Posts: 8
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
fiestavike wrote:
LA doesn't follow a loser. the Rams will do okay when they are winning. Overall, I expect lots of empty seats once the novelty wears off again. Beyond that, its a nightmare to get anywhere in LA. For a Monday Night game you'd probably sit in traffic 3 hours BEFORE you even get the stadium.



So true who knows what Goff and Gurley can provide them together


Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:10 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11321
Location: California
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Quote:
So true who knows what Goff and Gurley can provide them together


Gurley so far looks like a real NFL pro bowl type guy...

Goff who knows .. It usually takes two or three years to see what a QB can do ...

IMO the problem for the Rams is Seattle and Arizona in their division. Not to mention
Green Bay, Carolina, Vikings and maybe Tampa Bay. SF seems to a team with an owner who
is screwing up his team and a Coach who ran the Eagles into the ground. If the Rams
got the number pick right, they still gave up two or three years of quality picks. That
means Goff with have to learn fast before the teams talent fades away. Not to mention
they will have to spend two years with an adjusted location and schedule. IMO the Rams
have twice as big of chance to fall into a bottom ten team because of moving location
issues, loss of two or three years or quality picks, and forcing a rookie to start early on.

Seattle and Arizona are not going anywhere and NFL teams have no mercy for another
teams issues. Every team had studied Gurley now and will see his cuts and which way he favors
blocks etc etc...IMO Wentz could be the better QB in the NFL. Rodgers also got to learn his
system and the NFL under a HOF QB. To me that is why I have a ton of faith in Teddy Bridgewater.
The guy got no pass protection from our OL and IMO handled it very well. He also does well
at the end of games driving the ball. Carr's brother and many other QB's confidence was shattered
under similar issues.

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:48 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
i didn't catch the news. what was the death toll at the home opener at the coliseum?


Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:07 pm
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11321
Location: California
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Quote:
i didn't catch the news. what was the death toll at the home opener at the coliseum?


I sense sarcastic intent...I am just trying to say its stupid to build a Billion ++++ stadium in gang land central
I wouldn't put a healthy organ in a cancer filled body either...

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:43 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1610
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
jackal wrote:
Quote:
i didn't catch the news. what was the death toll at the home opener at the coliseum?


I sense sarcastic intent...I am just trying to say its stupid to build a Billion ++++ stadium in gang land central
I wouldn't put a healthy organ in a cancer filled body either...



Arguably the broken windows theory as well as crime displacement theory would suggest that doing this is the single fastest way to improve an area.


Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:04 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 183
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
Being from STL I want them to crash and burn. Signing Fisher long term should help.

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:32 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.
The Rams have fired Fischer.

Image

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.