What do we have to do to beat Dallas

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: What do we have to do to beat Dallas

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: I think "underpowered offense" isn't really accurate--we have the firepower--our OL is just decimated, such that we can't really make use of our ammunition. That and our most explosive player is injured. We still have plenty of playmakers (Diggs, Thielen, and most of all Patterson) and Bradford can deliver the ball to them when he has time, so IMO it will come down to whether Dallas can put pressure on him. Given the state of our OL, that typically hasn't been difficult for most teams. I can only hope that the Cowboys' D is so bad that even our OL can handle them. If so, look out, this could be a decent game.
I know we talk a lot about inuries to the OL, but is this group really any worse than last year? Granted that was terrilble too. We've moved a TERRIBLY DREADFUL Clemmings from RT to LT, and put in Sirles playing about as well as mediocre Kalil. Boone is playing a little better than Fusco at LG, and Fusco is playing better than Fusco last year, but worse than Harris of last year at RG. They are basically the same piss poor line we've trotted out for 3 years.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

What do the Vikes need to do to win?

Play good defense and NOT settle for field goals.

50% of that wasn't enough.

We can always dream about next year's curse.

...go Vikes!
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: I know we talk a lot about inuries to the OL, but is this group really any worse than last year? Granted that was terrilble too. We've moved a TERRIBLY DREADFUL Clemmings from RT to LT, and put in Sirles playing about as well as mediocre Kalil. Boone is playing a little better than Fusco at LG, and Fusco is playing better than Fusco last year, but worse than Harris of last year at RG. They are basically the same piss poor line we've trotted out for 3 years.

Not that it matters too terribly much, but I disagree and I would point to our running game stats as evidence. Of course, we're also missing a certain elite runner, but that was part of my point as well. We aren't so much "underpowered" as we are simply "injured".... but whatever, I'm not really in the mood for correcting other posters' misunderstandings of what I've expressed.

I thought our D played well and deserved better than this result. The game turned on the Thielen punt return fumble, which looked questionable to me... and again, if we'd had Sherels in there, we would have been better off.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

chicagopurple wrote:how the heck is Dallas only a 3 point favorite? One of the leagues top teams facing a team with a beat up defense and no OL? really?? A team with a solid OL that can keep our defense on the field and tire them out? Sometimes I just dont understand the oddsmakers.

Looks like those oddmakers were pretty smart. :wink: