Vikings @ Lions Game Day Discussion Thread -- Thanksgiving

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings @ Lions Game Day Discussion Thread -- Thanksgivi

Post by fiestavike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Nah...It's time to overcompensate and draft nothing but offensive lineman. Teddy will be back to push Sam, after all. :P
Teddy's probably never going to play in the NFL again and Sam sucks. Hill is an old backup and Heinecke is a longshot. The vikings need to draft 2 QBs in order to have to legitimate starters competing for the role. Not looking good with no first round pick. I think trading that 1st for Sam will end up costing Rick and Zim their jobs in a couple years.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

Angels Wings wrote: I'd also like to add running back to that list as well. I am a fan of Adrian, but he will be 32 come March and coming off another knee injury. Finding his replacement should be key as well. McKinnon and Asiata given the chance are proving they can't cut it. Not sure what the running back crop looks like this draft, but the backfield need to be addressed this offseason. We have, what, 8 picks this upcoming draft, at last 4 should be on the offensive line along with o line being priority in the offseason. Our defense is fine, but if they're being forced to be on the field because of quick 3 and outs, they will be worn out.
I'm not sure about McKinnon yet. I'm still placing blame on the o line for the run game too. I've seen McKinnon make some good runs if he has some room. But he not like Peterson who,can,get hit two yards in the backfield and still gain yardage. McKinnon is a back that needs a hole time in through and he's not getting any.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

UKno1VIKING wrote:I deliberately stayed away from the forum last night, as i knew there would be some Bradford bashing, and to be honest i knew it would boil my P***. Bradford has been nothing short of a revelation. What reasons do the haters give? The dink and dunking? What choice does he have? He's given the plays, and the plays are so conservative because we cant give any intermediate plays a chance to develop because there's no time. Why is that Bradford's fault?
Yes the interception in the end was a bad decision, but up until that very throw, i cant remember many if any brain farts he'd had previously, in the entire season.

The reasons he was critiqued for before were, firstly and most importantly his durability. Well, he's been pummeled and he's still going. Big tick.
he was a bit feet happy in the pocket when under pressure. Nope he's gone through that, in the face of constant pressure.
Accuracy issues, Hasn't missed many has he?
So for me, everything he was supposed to be bad at, he has improved.
And he still has his strengths.
His arm strength and usual decision making cannot be faulted.

For me, if we got rid of him like the boo boys seem to want, we would be much worse off. Especially for seasons to come. If i had to take a fit 2015 Teddy or Sam, i know who currently i'd pick. And i'm sure most level headed people would feel the same.
We all hope that Teddy will get back to playing. And if he does, we hope he will progress like he promised to before the injury. But, make no mistake about it, even if that is the case, Bradford will provide great competition for him.
Bradford accuracy is excellent like you said. His medium and deep,balls he's thrown when he's had time have been pretty spot on. He's a really good QB. I feel bad for the guy.

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

How in the world do we manage 21 pages about a game that is just plainly a sign that we are going nowhere this year( again)? We are debating the qualities of a middling QB, while staring at a complete absence of ANY OL with NO good players on the roster for OL who are going to come back and save the season (or next season). The ONLY germane discussion is about our GM, and his plan ( or lack thereof) to fix the truly gaping, unadressed, and unavoidable problem we have.

Its just another squandered year :steamed:
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

fiestavike wrote: So 2 Quarterbacks and 5 offensive linemen next draft?
and a kicker
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

i don't even know any germaine....so how can i have a conversation in it?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote:i don't even know any germaine....so how can i have a conversation in it?

:lol: I think you've misunderstood; I did too, at first.

He's talking about Jermaine Jackson. :thumbsup:
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Texas Vike wrote:
:lol: I think you've misunderstood; I did too, at first.

He's talking about Jermaine Jackson. :thumbsup:
he wants us to talk with jermaine jackson??!!
in germaine?!
i so confuse
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

RFIP wrote: And may I add:

Bridgewater last year with the same OL for all 16 games, best RB in football - 65.3 comp % 3,231 passing yards, 14 tds, 9 ints AND the "mobile QB" was sacked 44 times (83 - EIGHTY-THREE! in 2 years)

Bradford with the turn-style 2016 OL with zero run game has, in 10 games - 71.3 comp % 2,415 passing yards (pace for 3,864 in 16 games), 12 tds (on pace for 19), 3 ints (on pace for 5) AND the "immobile QB" has been sacked 26 times (on pace for 42)

Also keep in mind that Bradford, although being drafted by a historically bad team that was 5-43 in its previous 3 seasons, has NEVER been sacked in his career more than 36 times in a season.

Bridgewater year 1 was sacked 39 times and year 2 an incredible 44 times with THAT running game and at least a constant OL.

But lets not let reality get in the way of a good bashing....
No it wasn't the same line, it's not even close to the same line. And the only reason the running game was better was Adrian, period. You're comparing a then second year qb to a guy who had been in the leage for a while. Not only that, Adrian led the nfl by a landslide in contact behind the line of scrimmage. Stop being a troll
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

guys, any QB who can repeatedly throw for 200 yards with the putrid excuse for an OL that Bradford has been given, and NO running game is a pretty solid QB...HE is NOT the problem.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

germannorseman wrote: I'm not sure about McKinnon yet. I'm still placing blame on the o line for the run game too. I've seen McKinnon make some good runs if he has some room. But he not like Peterson who,can,get hit two yards in the backfield and still gain yardage. McKinnon is a back that needs a hole time in through and he's not getting any.

I'd be willing to bet the McKinnon is suffering a turf toe. he's not as explosive and quick as last season and he routinely takes a long time to get up off the ground. His foot or ankle is obviously in pain. Turf toe is my bet.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

fiestavike wrote: I'd be willing to bet the McKinnon is suffering a turf toe. he's not as explosive and quick as last season and he routinely takes a long time to get up off the ground. His foot or ankle is obviously in pain. Turf toe is my bet.
It does appear that there is something not quite right with him this year. Not nearly as explosive looking as he was last year. He seems better suited as a change-of-pace/receiving back regardless.
Damian
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Dames wrote: He seems better suited as a change-of-pace/receiving back regardless.
I think he has the potential to be really good when healthy. Put a healthy McKinnon behind the Dallas line and I think he'd be considered 'elite' by the know nothings.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

my grandma would look great behind the Dallas OL.....they are scary good. Just the kinda guys Spielman needs to kidnap during the off - season......but he wont.....offensive lineman just arent important to him.