Top 10 graded PFF players of the week

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

AlldayPotter
Backup

Re: Top 10 graded PFF players of the week

Post by AlldayPotter »

I completely agree with sandejo and Waynes. I've noticed our defense is much better with sendejo in there when kearse was starting.
And with Waynes, I feel he is getting the treatment Rhodes got when he was starting out, getting alot of flags. But Waynes is good and always on his guy and actually makes plays for the ball. Loved when he redeemed himself in the green bay game!!!

And as for overpaid players, I'm ok with parting ways with peterson if he doesn't come back for cheap. And for some reason I think Bradford will redo his contract for the sake of the team (he has already made like what 100 mil in nfl).
And what about jarious wright? We just gave him decent contract and don't even need him, hopefully we can do trade with him or something .....
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

i agree with all those points^

-
and it's interesting you bring up wright. this team is absolutely loaded with speed at wr. i cannot get my head around why they think the solution to their protection and running game problems lies in going max protect so often.
-
like the wildcat wrinkle, i would really like to see them spread it out and go 4-5 wide several times a game. get those defenders outta the box. go 4 wide with jet in the backfield then motion him out wide. run slants and quick routes....attack defenses with your speed ala the martz era rams. bradford gets the ball out quickly and accurately on those routes.
-
if they ran a no huddle with wright, thielen, cp and diggs? with jet as an outlet and play action theat?.....forget CJ for a moment.
wouldn't this be difficult to cover?
-
just seems like a collossal waste of talent and poential thus far
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The guy who is fast becoming one of my favorite players is Adam Thielen. I didn't realize until I saw the Vikings live -- he's got some size. And he's fairly fast. Not CP fast, but he can get separation, and he's got great hands and footwork. He's made himself into a really good player.

Thielen's story makes him the kind of player that it feels impossible not to root for, but now he's becoming truly productive. At the beginning of the Cardinals game, he was pretty much dominating his man. In fact, the whole "Patrick Peterson will shadow Stefan Diggs" strategy went out the window around the second quarter, when they started putting Peterson on Thielen. That tells you something.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:The guy who is fast becoming one of my favorite players is Adam Thielen. I didn't realize until I saw the Vikings live -- he's got some size. And he's fairly fast. Not CP fast, but he can get separation, and he's got great hands and footwork. He's made himself into a really good player.

Thielen's story makes him the kind of player that it feels impossible not to root for, but now he's becoming truly productive. At the beginning of the Cardinals game, he was pretty much dominating his man. In fact, the whole "Patrick Peterson will shadow Stefan Diggs" strategy went out the window around the second quarter, when they started putting Peterson on Thielen. That tells you something.
I've been saying all season long Thielen is a heck of a receiver. The guy is so athletically inclined. He is 6'3" and has clocked mid-4.4/40 times, plus he has great hands. Add to that his football smarts and he's a WR who should be on the field a lot.

It's interesting to note one of Thielen's best friends is Cordarrelle Patterson. I think both players are giving a 100 percent all the time.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

losperros wrote: I've been saying all season long Thielen is a heck of a receiver. The guy is so athletically inclined. He is 6'3" and has clocked mid-4.4/40 times, plus he has great hands. Add to that his football smarts and he's a WR who should be on the field a lot.

It's interesting to note one of Thielen's best friends is Cordarrelle Patterson. I think both players are giving a 100 percent all the time.
I didn't realize he clocked that fast. That's right around what CP runs. But it doesn't surprise me. From where I was sitting in the end zone Sunday, it was obvious that Thielen was a handful. The Cardinals had to move Patrick Peterson on him. Thielen was giving them fits.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

he's tough as nails too
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

And how cool that he's a home grown talent... from Detroit Lakes, grew up idolizing Cris Carter and loving the Vikings. He has that everyman quality. He's impossible not to cheer for.

Interesting tid bit on his Wiki page regarding his speed/ explosiveness:
Thielen did not receive an invitation to perform at the 2013 NFL Combine, but he did attend a Regional Combine in Chicago on March, where he performed well enough to warrant an invitation to the Super Regional Combine held in Dallas, Texas in April. There, he showcased his athletic ability, completing the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds and impressing in the three-cone drill with a time of 6.77 seconds, a mark that would have placed him in the top-20 at the NFL Combine
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Love Thielen! Imo he us the second best WR they have behind Diggs.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I didn't realize he clocked that fast. That's right around what CP runs. But it doesn't surprise me. From where I was sitting in the end zone Sunday, it was obvious that Thielen was a handful. The Cardinals had to move Patrick Peterson on him. Thielen was giving them fits.
Keep in mind Patterson has clocked a personal best in the 4.2 range, according to NFL Draft Scout. He usually clocked 4.3/40 times for Tennessee. Apparently, he was coming off some leg injury during the combine, which led to a 4.42/40. It's amazing to think a 4.4/40 time is slow for CP. He's got to be one of the fastest big WRs I've ever seen.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Maelstrom88 wrote:Love Thielen! Imo he us the second best WR they have behind Diggs.
I absolutely agree. And I think Patterson has moved to the third best WR on the team.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Did Charles Johnson even play any offensive snaps?? I saw Treadwell a few times. I don't remember seeing Johnson. If so, thats a good thing. Roll with Diggs, Thielen, CP and Treadwell. They are far and away better than Johnson
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

losperros wrote: I absolutely agree. And I think Patterson has moved to the third best WR on the team.
The depth chart would agree with you.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I like what they're doing with Patterson. I never was too high on the guy last year, but I see I'm wrong in thinking he wouldn't get any better. He's definitely become my ideal "Utility" guy, and is such a multi-layered player (He has, what, three roles on the team?).

You can also throw me onto the Thielen train. Dude's improved by leaps and bounds and you could definitely tell he had the "it" factor late last year. He, Diggs, and CP are a ridiculously underrated WR corps.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

losperros wrote:
What an odd couple! One arrived as an UDFA with virtually zero "reputation capital". The other came via a first round pick that actually entailed four total picks and huge expectations to be the next big thing. But you're right, they both give 100% all the time. I suspect that Thielen's "I'll do anything to help the team" approach was absorbed by Patterson. How fun would it be to have a beer with these two?
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Rhodes Closed wrote:I like what they're doing with Patterson. I never was too high on the guy last year, but I see I'm wrong in thinking he wouldn't get any better. He's definitely become my ideal "Utility" guy, and is such a multi-layered player (He has, what, three roles on the team?).

You can also throw me onto the Thielen train. Dude's improved by leaps and bounds and you could definitely tell he had the "it" factor late last year. He, Diggs, and CP are a ridiculously underrated WR corps.
agreed. you could say that with the talent we have at the skill positions, it points even more towards our lines inability to block in recent weeks. And the coaches for not managing the scenario correctly.
The receivers we currently have as a group, are the best i've seen at club for a long long time.