Playoffs?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Playoffs?

Post by IrishViking »

Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Re: Playoffs?

Post by TSonn »

If it it the same as the NBA, the loss column is actually more important than the win column.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

IrishViking wrote:Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.
The Redskins, as of right now, are winning their division. The Vikings, as it is today, are not. Division winners get the first 4 seeds.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

PacificNorseWest wrote: The Redskins, as of right now, are winning their division. The Vikings, as it is today, are not. Division winners get the first 4 seeds.
cowboys
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

The redskins are not. Cowboys are leading the division.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Is this OUR year?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Hmm...Ya'll have a point then. :lol:
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

IrishViking wrote:Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.
I mean now that they beat the packers, it's obvious why they are ahead of us. However, when you posted, they were 5-3-1 (.611 winning percentage) since the tie counts as a .5 (5.5/9 = .611), and we were 6-4 (.600 winning percentage).
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

PacificNorseWest wrote:That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.
Good grief, you actually think another bye would be good for this team? No more byes. How did the last one help? Anyway we won't get one. Only good teams get byes and we're only a notch above average.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Purple Martin wrote: Good grief, you actually think another bye would be good for this team? No more byes. How did the last one help? Anyway we won't get one. Only good teams get byes and we're only a notch above average.

:lol: Damn...What a bleak outlook.

I guess I'll put my hopes on hold this Thanksgiving and wait around for that incredulous, morbid reality of a Vikings fan to set it.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

who cares if we somehow get a wildcard? Do you really want to be embarrassed on National TV like that? Wait, Get a taste of that next Thursday when the Cowboys put a ROYAL EMBARASSING #### WHOOPING on us. I'm imagining 64 to 10
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Laserman wrote:who cares if we somehow get a wildcard? Do you really want to be embarrassed on National TV like that? Wait, Get a taste of that next Thursday when the Cowboys put a ROYAL EMBARASSING #### WHOOPING on us. I'm imagining 64 to 10
Once again. Take the negative whining you're spitting out and bring it to another board please. I feel like many would agree here. Just reread your post and listen to the sound of it. Yeah 64-10. Totally realistic :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

as long as people aren't attacking one another, i don't care what they say. it's their expression and opinion....better for people to let it out and be done with it.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Nunin wrote:as long as people aren't attacking one another, i don't care what they say. it's their expression and opinion....better for people to let it out and be done with it.
There is no "being done with it". It's every damn time we lose.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

sure be done with it til next time. it is what it is....and i'm only speaking for myself.