Next two weeks will define the season

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Next two weeks will define the season

Post by Jordysghost »

chicagopurple wrote:yeah yeah....I get it

Can anyone explain to me how replacing Walsh, due to his missed extra points with an unemployed kicker who has just gone 10 of 15 on extra points is an "upgrade"?
Walsh has played nothing short of awful since the end of last year.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

chicagopurple wrote:yeah yeah....I get it

Can anyone explain to me how replacing Walsh, due to his missed extra points with an unemployed kicker who has just gone 10 of 15 on extra points is an "upgrade"?
Because he wasn't 10-of-15 on extra points.

He was 10-of-15 on FIELD GOALS in 2015. He was 33-of-34 on extra points. He's only missed 3 extra points in his entire career, so you need to check your source.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Vikings: Seven games left and fresh out of scapegoats
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Can't say I disagree with the article. The following is glum but I think true:
The Vikings’ offensive line, for instance, is so thin and ineffective that it’s almost unreasonable to believe they will win again this season. What self-respecting NFL coach, given a week to prepare, can’t exploit a terrible offensive line? Even the Bears figured it out.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: Can't say I disagree with the article. The following is glum but I think true:
I think so too, although I do expect them to win again this season. I just think that line is going to make it a real struggle every week.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Mothman wrote:
I think so too, although I do expect them to win again this season. I just think that line is going to make it a real struggle every week.
I think we will too but will be a result of + turnovers or STs TD something of that nature.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Good article, I like the analogy of Walsh's errant FG in the Seahawks game as a spouse who has been unfaithful. As Steinbeck once quipped (after his buddy Joseph Campbell slept with his wife) trust takes a lifetime to construct and one moment to lose forever. We no longer could trust Blair! And I don't think he even trusted himself.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

autobon7 wrote: I think we will too but will be a result of + turnovers or STs TD something of that nature.
Yeah, I agree. Maybe a defensive TD as well. But it will be because other units besides the offense managed to score.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... t-shurmur/
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

halfgiz wrote:Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

Great artical
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

halfgiz wrote:Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

i definitely noticed the offense is moving the ball much better in general. they are struggling on 3rd down and redzone lately
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Nunin wrote: i definitely noticed the offense is moving the ball much better in general. they are struggling on 3rd down and redzone lately
It is a good article. They definitely look better. They are using Patterson a bit better, but I would really like to see he and Treadwell get much more involved on 3rd down and in the red zone especially. If AP returns, even with the horrible O line, just because of the attention he draws from defenses....I see there red zone production improving dramatically. They are just far to 1 dimensional right now.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Alaskan wrote:They are using Patterson a bit better, but I would really like to see he and Treadwell get much more involved on 3rd down and in the red zone especially.
I couldn't agree more about Patterson. I'd also like to see Thielen involved in the same way. I think the jury is still out on Treadwell at this point.
Alaskan wrote:If AP returns, even with the horrible O line, just because of the attention he draws from defenses....I see there red zone production improving dramatically. They are just far to 1 dimensional right now.
I've been wondering how much having Peterson back at RB would really help the Vikings. If he isn't one hundred percent, then AP might not be much better than what the Vikings are using at RB now and opposing defenses will figure it out. That's especially true if the OL doesn't improve at all. They can make any RB look bad.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:I've been wondering how much having Peterson back at RB would really help the Vikings. If he isn't one hundred percent, then AP might not be much better than what the Vikings are using at RB now and opposing defenses will figure it out. That's especially true if the OL doesn't improve at all. They can make any RB look bad.
If he's healthy enough, his presence might at least help their play action passing game. He's a threat defenses definitely have to take seriously.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Alaskan wrote: It is a good article. They definitely look better. They are using Patterson a bit better, but I would really like to see he and Treadwell get much more involved on 3rd down and in the red zone especially. If AP returns, even with the horrible O line, just because of the attention he draws from defenses....I see there red zone production improving dramatically. They are just far to 1 dimensional right now.