Next two weeks will define the season

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Despite all the setbacks this team still controls it's own destiny. The Arizona game is a must win because they are one of the teams competing for the wildcard spot and they MUST stop this losing streak. The following week versus the Lions will be for first place in the division most likely. It's time to see whether this team can right the ship. :smilevike:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Next two weeks will define the season

Post by autobon7 »

Agree.....lets see what this team is made of. My personal opinion is somewhere between before and after the bye week. The defense has certainly been perplexing. For 5 games they looked like world beaters but last 4 games they looked average or a bit better. Missed tackles, poor coverage, bad play calling....just don't know what the hell happened.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Detroit is the real must-win. I see what you're saying about the WC, but if they can win out in the division and get another win somewhere else, the division should be a lock.There's too many other teams and variables involved with hedging for a WC. The division is their best hope, I believe.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Crazy that the Packers, Lions, and Vikings all control their own destiny at this point in the season.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

The writing is on the wall, my friends.......any purely lucky trip to the post season, however unlikely, will quickly end in the first round when we get put down like an old sick dog. The only reason we are even thinking post-season is because our division is suddenly a joke. After 40 plus years of post season failure, doing that one more time means nothing. Either Ownership kicks #### and demands excellence or we just continue to spin our wheels in our shiny new stadium........
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Every week will be extremely important from here on out as long as the division race stays close. All 3 division contenders have somewhat tough schedules the rest of the way. The head to head games are most likely going to decide the division, and it is likely only one NFC North team will be in the playoffs. I think the Lions are best set up to win the division based on current record and upcoming schedule.

Vikes remaining schedule - Cardinals, @Lions, Cowboys, @Jaguars, Colts, @Packers, Bears

Lions remaining schedule - Jaguars, Vikings, @Saints, Bears, @Giants, @Cowboys, Packers

Packers remaining schedule - @Redskins, @Eagles, Texans, Seahawks, @Bears, Vikings, @Lions

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

chicagopurple wrote:The writing is on the wall, my friends.......any purely lucky trip to the post season, however unlikely, will quickly end in the first round when we get put down like an old sick dog. The only reason we are even thinking post-season is because our division is suddenly a joke. After 40 plus years of post season failure, doing that one more time means nothing. Either Ownership kicks #### and demands excellence or we just continue to spin our wheels in our shiny new stadium........
Idk why you are so quick to give up, struggling teams getting hot at the right time and winning the SB isnt an unprecedented scenario.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Jordysghost wrote: Idk why you are so quick to give up, struggling teams getting hot at the right time and winning the SB isnt an unprecedented scenario.
That's what he does jordy :)
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Norv Zimmer wrote: That's what he does jordy :)
Truth.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

chicagopurple wrote:If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.

I can think of 3 fanbases in the last 7 years that said exactly the same thing and went on to win the SB.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

chicagopurple wrote:If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.
Sadly I agree with you. This line was imo average at best before the plethora of injuries. I can't see them holding up well enough to block playoff caliber pass rushing defenses. The run blocking has been awful no matter who has played on the line. I'd still like to see them win the division though :ripple:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Should we tell him, guys?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:Should we tell him, guys?
:lol:

That's the kind of mistake we all tend to make when typing angry. :)
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

yeah yeah....I get it

Can anyone explain to me how replacing Walsh, due to his missed extra points with an unemployed kicker who has just gone 10 of 15 on extra points is an "upgrade"?