View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Desperately seeking Zim 
Author Message
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
Mothman and I are just old enough Vike fans that just making the post season is like kissing you cousin.....not good enough! Time to pony up, set a truly high standard of excellence for everyone from the owner to trainers and actually create a real opportunity to be a champion. This team is NOT all that.


Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:09 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2230
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
chicagopurple wrote:
Mothman and I are just old enough Vike fans that just making the post season is like kissing you cousin.....not good enough! Time to pony up, set a truly high standard of excellence for everyone from the owner to trainers and actually create a real opportunity to be a champion. This team is NOT all that.


So, you're saying that kissing your cousin is good, just not good enough?!


Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:15 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3481
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
PacificNorseWest wrote:
chicagopurple wrote:
Mothman and I are just old enough Vike fans that just making the post season is like kissing you cousin.....not good enough! Time to pony up, set a truly high standard of excellence for everyone from the owner to trainers and actually create a real opportunity to be a champion. This team is NOT all that.


So, you're saying that kissing your cousin is good, just not good enough?!


:lol:

Pretty sure you read that right!
:oops:

Those were different times, I guess? :rofl: (The 1800s, I mean).


Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37206
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
Texas Vike wrote:
Those were different times, I guess? :rofl: (The 1800s, I mean).


We did a whole lot o' cousin-kissin' back then!

To Marc's point: just making the postseason definitely isn't good enough for me anymore. It's always more fun to see the team in the playoffs than not but I want to see the high standard of excellence mentioned above. Other teams achieve it so we know it's not impossible. It's long past time for the Vikings to truly get their act together and keep it together.


Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:38 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3064
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
I noticed in Zim's press conferences lately he has more of Bill Belichick type attitude. Like he's doing it but he doesn't really want to be there.

_________________
Brad Johnson has as many Super Bowl rings as Aaron Rodgers. Just let that sink in for a moment.


Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:21 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2230
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
Raptorman wrote:
I noticed in Zim's press conferences lately he has more of Bill Belichick type attitude. Like he's doing it but he doesn't really want to be there.


Kinda makes me nervous. I love Zim, but the Vikes can't have a coach disinterested or not fully invested.

I just wanna know what's going on. Actually, I don't need to if they turn this around, but there's something behind the scenes that we are not aware of.


Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:44 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3259
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Desperately seeking Zim
Mothman wrote:
I think a Vikings Super Bowl was a serious long shot this year even with healthy tackles. Frankly, I feel the organization is caught up in a painfully frustrating cycle and it may take drastic changes to truly get it on track and keep it there. I'm fed up with my favorite team. :(


If you really want to get frustrated, read the links I posted that got lost in shuffle here. The OL epidemic is not unique to the Vikings even though we are (sadly) probably he most acute case of it. There is a league wide shortage of quality OL players and there are systemic reasons for this shortage. I made a long post about it in the Running Game thread. Not to toot my horn, but you should read it.

Cliff Notes Version: We are not the only team with the problem and it isn't likely that the problem is going away.

FWIW: I think if both tackles and AP had remained healthy this team would have been one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC. The line / running game would have improved as the season wore on and they gained confidence via winning. It wouldn't have been great, but it also wouldn't have been the total crap show we have now. Denver won it all with an OK passing offense, shoddy OL, and great defense. We had that formula minus a dependable kicker.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:58 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.