13 years ago.....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

13 years ago.....

Post by purplehaze »

we started 6-0 and missed the playoffs. :rock:
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 13 years ago.....

Post by chicagopurple »

sadly, we Vike fans are experienced at being disappointed AND getting over-enthused about fundamentally flawed teams.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

You cut me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

chicagopurple wrote:sadly, we Vike fans are experienced at being disappointed AND getting over-enthused about fundamentally flawed teams.
Actually I was being sarcastic. Definitely not enthused. Just a reminder of how this franchise has tortured its fan base. It is like the Cubs curse.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Josh McCown's last second TD toss for the Cardinals in the last game of the season was the nail in the coffin. I remember it well.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Josh McCown's last second TD toss for the Cardinals in the last game of the season was the nail in the coffin. I remember it well.
Yep, me too.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Josh McCown's last second TD toss for the Cardinals in the last game of the season was the nail in the coffin. I remember it well.
Also remember it clearly. The vikings defenders pushed him out of bounds... they fixed the rule after that, a lot of rules have been written in vikings blood. Like both teams possessing the ball in OT after the Vikings championship game loss in 2009...

Edit: I remember all of the Vikings letdowns in the past 25 years very clearly... except for the Blowout loss to the Giants, the Navy saved me from that one.
Formerly AADPFan
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I brought this up in another thread.
akvikingsfan wrote: I can. The 2003 Vikings. Started 6-0. Lost the next 4. Fished 9-7 missing the playoffs as Arizona got a touchdown as the clock expired on a pushout.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i really think the worst part is the amount of talent that was one some of those teams. the cubs really just plain stunk for all those years, but to not win it all in 98 and 09 is about as bad as it gets in my lifetime. in 09 how many times did we turn over the ball and we were still tied at the end of regulation? both games were horrific, but both came down to coaching mistakes when you think about it. how in the world do you put 12 men in the huddle at the end of that saints game? just thinking about it i want to puke.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Grashopa wrote: Also remember it clearly. The vikings defenders pushed him out of bounds... they fixed the rule after that, a lot of rules have been written in vikings blood. Like both teams possessing the ball in OT after the Vikings championship game loss in 2009...

Edit: I remember all of the Vikings letdowns in the past 25 years very clearly... except for the Blowout loss to the Giants, the Navy saved me from that one.
Sadly, I remember all of the Vikings letdowns in the past 45 years very clearly....
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Edit: I remember all of the Vikings letdowns in the past 25 years very clearly... except for the Blowout loss to the Giants, the Navy saved me from that one.[/quote]

That Giants game was such a huge letdown.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I see the similarities, but sadly this year is reminding more of 2013 than 2003. That was the year of the Josh Freeman game and the circus of vikings drama for the last half of the season. This year is already giving it a run for it's money with the QB Trade, Turner resignation, Walsh release, and littany of sorrows at OL and RB. So long as we do not have a prime time disaster like the Freeman game it probably won't take the crown, but UGH. UGH. UGH. UGH. UGH.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

purplehaze wrote:we started 6-0 and missed the playoffs. :rock:
I was in high school for that, you torturer.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

purplehaze wrote:we started 6-0 and missed the playoffs. :rock:
Shut your face! Jk. But really, :deadhorse: ???
Bad enough this year. But what the hey, I'm used to it.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

mansquatch wrote:I see the similarities, but sadly this year is reminding more of 2013 than 2003. That was the year of the Josh Freeman game and the circus of vikings drama for the last half of the season. This year is already giving it a run for it's money with the QB Trade, Turner resignation, Walsh release, and littany of sorrows at OL and RB. So long as we do not have a prime time disaster like the Freeman game it probably won't take the crown, but UGH. UGH. UGH. UGH. UGH.
The 2013 team didn't have near as much talent as this one. 2003 even. It's similar only in the undefeated record to start the year through the first quarter+ of the season.