Kickers?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Kickers?

Post by soflavike »

Mothman wrote:Here's the official team announcement:

Vikings Release K Blair Walsh
He can't say that Zimmer didn't give him a chance to get his act together. Sucks for him... now, onward!
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Kai Forbath makes me nervous too, but hopefully his confidence isn't shot like Blair.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Kai Forbath makes me nervous too, but hopefully his confidence isn't shot like Blair.
With a name like Kai Forbath, I assume he's from the planet Krypton and thus, will have superhuman kicking skills.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: With a name like Kai Forbath, I assume he's from the planet Krypton and thus, will have superhuman kicking skills.
Kai means ocean in Hawaiian.... which I don't know how to fit into the narrative. But it also means forgiveness in Japanese so, maybe something there?
Iron Lion
Backup

Post by Iron Lion »

Hey guys, many think that Walsh lost his confidence because of that playoff miss. But I think it might have been a game years ago when you guys were playing the Bears in OT, he misses a kick and then the Bears advanced like 20 yards and won the game. So maybe the issue was lurking a while. Any thoughts, or is it a "Who cares I'm just glad he's gone" type deal?
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

The confidence angle with Walsh is way overblown. He just wasnt that good of a kicker. Going back to college he has a long history of being inaccurate. He had one year where everything was clicking for him and became overrated because of it.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: Kai means ocean in Hawaiian.... which I don't know how to fit into the narrative. But it also means forgiveness in Japanese so, maybe something there?

I guess it means we'll have to give him a break if he misses a difficult kick once in a while. :) Just make the routine ones... please!
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Never try to get into a kicker's mind. It's a dark place. I know, I was one...lol.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

5thWave wrote:Never try to get into a kicker's mind. It's a dark place. I know, I was one...lol.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I liked Wal$h a lot, until i hated him, but have continued to pull for him, very unfortunate.

I expect him to go be money somewhere else. Because why not?

hopefully this new kicker can remind us each week that Sunday evening its time for a bath :?
Formerly AADPFan
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Iron Lion wrote:Hey guys, many think that Walsh lost his confidence because of that playoff miss. But I think it might have been a game years ago when you guys were playing the Bears in OT, he misses a kick and then the Bears advanced like 20 yards and won the game. So maybe the issue was lurking a while. Any thoughts, or is it a "Who cares I'm just glad he's gone" type deal?
I disagree. He hit two game winners for us last year before the Seattle game. But yes, releasing him has officially made my day!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

S197 wrote: Kai means ocean in Hawaiian.... which I don't know how to fit into the narrative. But it also means forgiveness in Japanese so, maybe something there?
He will be begging for an ocean of forgiveness if he isn't better than Walsh. :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Blair Walsh just got released according to the Vikes Facebook site......No word of who the new guy is
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

chicagopurple wrote:Blair Walsh just got released according to the Vikes Facebook site......No word of who the new guy is
:lol:

Just look up ^
Iron Lion
Backup

Post by Iron Lion »

chicagopurple wrote:Blair Walsh just got released according to the Vikes Facebook site......No word of who the new guy is
Everyone saying Forbath but why not Josh Brown?