QB Sneak

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: QB Sneak

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The whole play calling still really was sub par. You go away from whats working, before the other team team stops it?

Bradford is the slowest, most immobile QB I have ever seen. Its why he is a turnover machine. He can throw a nice ball, has just enough arm strgth, but he can move and throw. He looks like he is 50 years old when he tries. Otherwise he's pretty good. Needs to rethink a few passes but hes good enough to win games, a lot of game if we had an Oline and he was mobile.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:The whole play calling still really was sub par. You go away from whats working, before the other team team stops it?

Bradford is the slowest, most immobile QB I have ever seen. Its why he is a turnover machine. He can throw a nice ball, has just enough arm strgth, but he can move and throw. He looks like he is 50 years old when he tries. Otherwise he's pretty good. Needs to rethink a few passes but hes good enough to win games, a lot of game if we had an Oline and he was mobile.
How is he a turnover machine?
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Norv Zimmer wrote: How is he a turnover machine?
Turnover machine?! Wow, tough crowd.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Maybe they can try a sneak with McKinnon. Line him up in the wildcat then run under center and snap it. He's not a power back but he's going to be better than Bradford and has experience taking snaps under center.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I still don't see why they don't line up Patterson in the backfield for short yardage. He's scrappy as heck and always fights for the tough yards. Not to mention that at the goal line he can jump over the pile, if need be. Asiata ain't doing that.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Why can't we get any push? Is it problems with Berger or Fusco?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

halfgiz wrote:Why can't we get any push? Is it problems with Berger or Fusco?

John Lynch doesn't think they get low enough.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote:He is not a running QB and we cant afford the injury.... well he will ikely be killed soon anyways given our non-existent OL....
He doesnt need to be a running QB to do a sneak. Plenty on non-running QBs do them all the time
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

S197 wrote:Maybe they can try a sneak with McKinnon. Line him up in the wildcat then run under center and snap it. He's not a power back but he's going to be better than Bradford and has experience taking snaps under center.
THIS! It gives an extra blocker, and minimizes ball handling. C'mon man!!!!!

Put CP back there, and a heavy body.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:The whole play calling still really was sub par. You go away from whats working, before the other team team stops it?

Yeah turnover machine doesnt make much sense
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

5thWave wrote: THIS! It gives an extra blocker, and minimizes ball handling. C'mon man!!!!!

Put CP back there, and a heavy body.

The issue would still persist. It is not making the initial block but sustaining them. That's the biggest issue. By the time CP or JK gets to the line, he will be blown up. The QB sneak works great because it is an instant play; snap and you are directly moving forward.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

all these desperate wishes are just absurd...none of your suggested plays above will mean anything without blocking. Its all just futility.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PacificNorseWest wrote:
John Lynch doesn't think they get low enough.
There could be something to that. I see technique issues on the offensive line, including their irritating inability to get off the snap quickly.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:There could be something to that. I see technique issues on the offensive line, including their irritating inability to get off the snap quickly.
Sparano's OL has been a disaster. I don't know how much of that is on him but even taking their talent deficiencies into consideration, the line appears to have taken a serious step backward since the firing of Davidson.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: Sparano's OL has been a disaster. I don't know how much of that is on him but even taking their talent deficiencies into consideration, the line appears to have taken a serious step backward since the firing of Davidson.
You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. I think it's unquestionable that Davidson had more talent to work with than Sparano does. Specifically with the injuries he's had to deal with.