Injury News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Injury News

Post by autobon7 »

halfgiz wrote: Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is day-to-day with a sprained ankle after getting injured on Sunday against the Lions... es.pn/2fi0Hlj

Has me wondering how all these players are getting ankle injuries.
Does seem like lots of ankle injuries. Need Boone and Kendricks back as well.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

autobon7 wrote:Need Boone and Kendricks back as well.
Yes, Vikings really need Kendricks back. Apparently, Munnerlyn and Joseph were at practice. I'm hoping they'll be ready to face the Skins.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Matt Vensel
@mattvensel
11m
Mike Zimmer said Jake Long hurt his Achilles. Likely a season-ender.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:Matt Vensel
@mattvensel
11m
Mike Zimmer said Jake Long hurt his Achilles. Likely a season-ender.
I can't remember the last time a team lost its starting and backup tackles. ON BOTH SIDES. Maybe the goat didn't die, just moved a little northwest.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

With Jake Long gone, Alex Boone says he and Tony Sparano are going to talk tonight about the possibility of Boone playing left tackle.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

S197 wrote:
At this rate, the Vikings OL is going to be down to the last two men standing and a long shoe string.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PsyDanny wrote: At this rate, the Vikings OL is going to be down to the last two men standing and a long shoe string.
I feel like there needs to be a complete overhaul of the line next off season. I don't know. But some how they need to bring in 5 new quality linemen.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PsyDanny wrote: At this rate, the Vikings OL is going to be down to the last two men standing and a long shoe string.
I'm wondering if they kick Boone out to LT, move Berger to guard and start Easton. Sure would be nice if Harris could come back.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

you can poke a stick in a pile of dog poo and swirl.....but it is stiil poo not puddin.
There isnt one guy on this OL that I would pick for next year.....they are all lacking skill size and durability.
Spielman built a trainwreck by neglecting the O line
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@GoesslingESPN
9m
Jake Long's injury split is $453K. Vikings up to ~$910K in cap room after Pruitt/Heinicke moves. Should get some space back if Long hits IR.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

S197 wrote:I didn't realize you can strengthen tendons either, sounds like they need to start a yoga class. Speaking of stretching, anyone notice Smith always does these kung fu back kicks between plays?
Karate is a great way to stretch things out. Thing is, you start slow and the more you do it the more you loosen up. When I first started I couldn't kick above my waist, now I could easily kick someone in the head. BTW, I started when I was 52.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I think if Long goes on IR his best bet is to just retire.
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

[/quote]

At this rate, the Vikings OL is going to be down to the last two men standing and a long shoe string.[/quote]

I feel like there needs to be a complete overhaul of the line next off season. I don't know. But some how they need to bring in 5 new quality linemen.[/quote]

I would settle for 5 average right now
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

FYI, you dont really strengthen tendons/ligaments. You can increase their flexibility/length. Mild tears will heal over time though those structures can take longer to heal then bony fractures. Many severe ligament/tendon injuries will never really be the same. PEDs are so dangerous because they cause huge increases in muscle mass and force while NOT increasing tendon/ligament strength. Hence, that nice giant guy like Sosa, Bonds, etc suddenly starts tearin their achilles in half.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

chicagopurple wrote:FYI, you dont really strengthen tendons/ligaments. You can increase their flexibility/length. Mild tears will heal over time though those structures can take longer to heal then bony fractures. Many severe ligament/tendon injuries will never really be the same. PEDs are so dangerous because they cause huge increases in muscle mass and force while NOT increasing tendon/ligament strength. Hence, that nice giant guy like Sosa, Bonds, etc suddenly starts tearin their achilles in half.
Something else to consider. There have been certain drugs known to increase tears and weakness in tendons. If I am not mistaken, Levaquin is one of them. A widely prescribed antibiotic.