Vikings @ Redskins Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 10

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Redskins Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 10

Post by halfgiz »

Jordysghost wrote: It certainly isn't over yet, that is true.
For us or the Packers :)

We could have a chance for the division but I think we have to many injuries Jordy.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

halfgiz wrote: For us or the Packers :)

We could have a chance for the division but I think we have to many injuries Jordy.
But thats the thing, so do we. :lol:

The Lions have the inside track right now, but they are the Lions.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Sam looks good when he gets momentum on offense but his pocket presence seem inferior. When he starts to hunches down when defenders arent that close to tackling them. It kind of shows that even he doesnt trust the o-line.
Yep. Bradford is proof that the minutiae of the QB position are actually of primary importance. He's not the first to prove it either. All the arm talent and "accuracy" in the world can't account for the total inability to make a play when things break down. this is the NFL and much of the time plays are going to break down. With a dud like Bradford, the season is over before it starts, especially with a weak OL like we've had the last few years.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Jordysghost wrote: It certainly isn't over yet, that is true.
Says the fan from the more dysfunctional team than the Vikings. Relatively speaking of course.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Yep. Bradford is proof that the minutiae of the QB position are actually of primary importance. He's not the first to prove it either. All the arm talent and "accuracy" in the world can't account for the total inability to make a play when things break down. this is the NFL and much of the time plays are going to break down. With a dud like Bradford, the season is over before it starts, especially with a weak OL like we've had the last few years.
Yea, but according to the on field play he makes significantly more plays then Bridgewater.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Jordysghost wrote:
We're like NFC east was last year. :lol:

Matt Vensel
@mattvensel
11m
Mike Zimmer said Jake Long hurt his Achilles. Likely a season-ender.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Says the fan from the more dysfunctional team than the Vikings. Relatively speaking of course.

I think we are dysfunctional in a good number of ways, but we would have a significantly better record wise if our 4th cb (Who just got injured) wasnt playing at the top of the depth chart.

But at any rate, that is the point, your season cant be over because your division rivals all suck to a similar level.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

so lets see, we have no first round pick next year and drafted laquon treadwell this year. oh, and we have no salary cap room either. yeah, things sure are looking bright around here.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Look i know things are pretty tense around here, but the Packers today? That was the hindenburg of football games.

Things could always be worse.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

Jordysghost wrote:Look i know things are pretty tense around here, but the Packers today? That was the hindenburg of football games.

Agreed.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Jordysghost wrote:Look i know things are pretty tense around here, but the Packers today? That was the hindenburg of football games.

You're right. But after today, are there any teams on the schedule this current Vikings team can still beat?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Disappointment of the day for me: our defense.

When we don't get pressure, we are not nearly as effective in coverage. Washington's OL made me very envious today. We are so very far away from that level of play from our OL. Their kicker made me envious too. :(
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: You're right. But after today, are there any teams on the schedule this current Vikings team can still beat?
Good question. I suspect there's some team on the schedule that can help the Vikes get to 6 wins. I'm not sure if there are enough to get them to 8 or 9 though.

We'll see. Sometimes a team goes through a losing streak like this and then bounces back from it with a 3 or 4 game winning streak.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Ok, I'm not all doom and gloom. Yes we lost, and yes it sucks. But at least they weren't blown out. They didn't quit when down by 14. They didn't quit at the end. So, that's two games in a row they lost in the last 5 minutes. One or two plays go another way and they are 7-2. For as bad as the O-line has been, it appeared today that at least they are addressing getting the QB more time to throw.

That being said, the o-line sucks. The only reason we are even in the running for the Division title is that our division currently sucks.

I would rather have our problems than the Packers.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

losperros wrote: You're right. But after today, are there any teams on the schedule this current Vikings team can still beat?
Yea, the Packers for one, obviously I hope not but if we played tommorow you likely would win.