Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TSonn
Career Elite Player

Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by TSonn »

So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

How should I destroy the jersey?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote:So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

An NFL QB cannot consistently win if he CANNOT make a play when the play breaks down. Bradford has the mobility of Manning and the Pocket presence of Ponder. He's utterly worthless when things break down. These are games Teddy would be winning for the Vikings.

There's a reason the rest of the NFL moved on from considering Bradford a franchise QB, and that's because he isn't one and never will be.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: An NFL QB cannot consistently win if he CANNOT make a play when the play breaks down. Bradford has the mobility of Manning and the Pocket presence of Ponder. He's utterly worthless when things break down. These are games Teddy would be winning for the Vikings.

There's a reason the rest of the NFL moved on from considering Bradford a franchise QB, and that's because he isn't one and never will be.
Bridgewater has literally never produced like Bradford is, nor come even close.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

TSonn wrote:So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

My favorite method of destruction is fire. I say burn it and upload a video for all of us to enjoy.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Just to be clear - I'm not blaming the losing streak on Bradford at all. In fact, I think he's a bright spot for us.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Use it as a blindfold
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

games teddy would be winning? that is the funniest thing i've read all year. one major difference is this: back when peterson was suspended we actually were able to muster a decent running attack. this season we have none.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote:These are games Teddy would be winning for the Vikings.
I disagree. Teddy was the king of holding onto the ball too long so I'm not sure how you think this statement could be true
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

I'm not sure there's anymore to the sentiment for Teddy than that.

Maybe with a little "the grass is always greener..." sprinkled on top.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I am having a similar issue, the morning of the first loss i found that my Peterson jersey had a rip in it... we have been losing ever since, I haven't replaced or repaired the jersey yet (have just been wearing vikings T-shirts on game day)... not sure what to do.
Formerly AADPFan
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I hate when people say Teddy held the ball too long. Could it possible be because no one could get open? Sometimes you can't just throw it away on 3rd down because you need that drive. It's not like our Oline was giving him adequate production either. Also, I wager his mobility gave us more positive plays than negative ones. Give Teddy a break. We would have one some of these games with Teddy.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

YikesVikes wrote:I hate when people say Teddy held the ball too long. Could it possible be because no one could get open? Sometimes you can't just throw it away on 3rd down because you need that drive. It's not like our Oline was giving him adequate production either. Also, I wager his mobility gave us more positive plays than negative ones. Give Teddy a break. We would have one some of these games with Teddy.
If Bradford didnt get it done, i highly doubt Teddy would have.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Send it back to China and let them know your order was supposed to be Matt Stafford not Sam Bradford. Send the bad juju to Detroit. If you burn it, then it might be the cause of an injury to Sam.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I too have a feeling my shirt swap is causing our downfall.
i started the season wearing my Patterson jersey. Then for some reason after the bye, i went to my Moss shirt.
funnily enough, Patterson has been better since i took his shirt off as well. :steamed:
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Grashopa wrote:I am having a similar issue, the morning of the first loss i found that my Peterson jersey had a rip in it... we have been losing ever since, I haven't replaced or repaired the jersey yet (have just been wearing vikings T-shirts on game day)... not sure what to do.

Is it proper to quote myself?

Yesterday the wiff and I got invited to the Dallas game, I cannot afford a new Jersey and I don't have time to get a counterfeit, So this week i am putting the ripped Peterson Jersey back on, whether its cursed or not, have to start charging it up for the Dallas game!
Formerly AADPFan