Thoughts on the crapfest

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Thoughts on the crapfest

Post by chicagopurple »

that projection does NOT look good as Fusco is subpar, Clemmings has not panned out in any way, and Long is very uncertain.....we need more then just one addl quality guy at OL
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote: Well, the team as a whole certainly played worse than usual. Hopefully, even the o-line is probably capable of a better performance than that!
If they have a thread of pride in their profession hopefully they are capable of doing a much better job. That includes the rest of the offense. Especially Sammy Boy.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

S197 wrote:On the play where Long gave up the strip sack, he actually set up the edge pretty well, the DE had to make a very wide arc, which normally a QB can step up out of the way from. Unfortunately the interior also collapsed so there was nowhere to go. I tried to focus a bit on him and his first step still looks good, just unsure if the strength is still there.
I am not sure if i am thinking of the same play, but if its the one i was thinking of, Long had two guys to chose from and it seems he was unsure if he should block the DE or the DB. Like he didn't know who the RB was going to block so he was hesitant to block the DE and allow the free rusher inside. Could be one of those "gel" things.

I haven't had a chance to chime in yet, its a bit late, but why not now?

Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that all Bradfords fumbles came as he as about to throw the ball, one more fraction of a second or one more inch and those balls would've been away and could've resulted in first downs or touchdowns. Football truly is a game of inches. I would be more concerned if he was getting sacked before he could find an open receiver. (I am concerned, the O-line was ugly, just looking for any bright spot).

The 3rd and short (and 4th and short) were doomed by the referee. Had he not been holding up play i feel confident that we would've been more successful in that situation. I haven't re-watched the game, but IIRC the ref stepped away with like 2 seconds left on the play clock so Bradford had to hurry to snap the ball. It got me wondering, what would have happened if the ref stayed there for 2 more seconds, delay of game on the vikings?

Picked up PI flag sucked, but i guess we kind of got that back later in the game.

Our Defense, to me, was just as good as ever, they took the ball away 4 times and held the Eagles offense to 13 points. If our offense/ST played like they had in previouse weeks it would have been an Ugly game for the eagles.

Two huge negative plays by ST is very rare and "not sustainable"

Over all i feel good going forward if we can find a way to shore up the O-line.
Formerly AADPFan
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Grashopa wrote: I am not sure if i am thinking of the same play, but if its the one i was thinking of, Long had two guys to chose from and it seems he was unsure if he should block the DE or the DB. Like he didn't know who the RB was going to block so he was hesitant to block the DE and allow the free rusher inside. Could be one of those "gel" things.

I haven't had a chance to chime in yet, its a bit late, but why not now?

Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that all Bradfords fumbles came as he as about to throw the ball, one more fraction of a second or one more inch and those balls would've been away and could've resulted in first downs or touchdowns. Football truly is a game of inches. I would be more concerned if he was getting sacked before he could find an open receiver. (I am concerned, the O-line was ugly, just looking for any bright spot).

The 3rd and short (and 4th and short) were doomed by the referee. Had he not been holding up play i feel confident that we would've been more successful in that situation. I haven't re-watched the game, but IIRC the ref stepped away with like 2 seconds left on the play clock so Bradford had to hurry to snap the ball. It got me wondering, what would have happened if the ref stayed there for 2 more seconds, delay of game on the vikings?

Picked up PI flag sucked, but i guess we kind of got that back later in the game.

Our Defense, to me, was just as good as ever, they took the ball away 4 times and held the Eagles offense to 13 points. If our offense/ST played like they had in previouse weeks it would have been an Ugly game for the eagles.

Two huge negative plays by ST is very rare and "not sustainable"

Over all i feel good going forward if we can find a way to shore up the O-line.
Wasn't that play but I think I know which one you're talking about. On the play you're mentioning, Rudolph did this weird little half chip on the blocker, I assume thinking Asiata would pick him up to help the tackle but Asiata initially goes to pick up the inside blitzer and is slow to bounce outside missing his block. May have been a TE screen, it was tough to tell but everything was poorly executed.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Dude we're playing the bears who currently have Matt Barkley at QB. If we manage to lose that game, this franchise should fold

You were saying???
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

So, is this going to be for this "game" against the Bears or should somebody start Crapfest Two: Soldier Field Boogaloo?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Hunter Morrow wrote:So, is this going to be for this "game" against the Bears or should somebody start Crapfest Two: Soldier Field Boogaloo?

LOL! I think we can just consider the crapfest officially extended ...
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Mothman wrote:
LOL! I think we can just consider the crapfest officially extended ...
Yep....more crap different day.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Don't insult Crap......