It's panic time

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

It's panic time

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Well folks, 5-0 start, and now we can legitimately wonder if the Vikings will win another game. The OL is the worst one I have ever seen, and that includes last year.
The defense has been exposed. Philly gave the blueprint. Now, we will see what Mike Zimmer is made of. Anyone can win when the team is healthy and playing well, but what happens when other teams have figured them out?
This is panic time. And it is time for Zimmer to make changes to his team to make it better.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: It's panic time

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I don't even think the offensive line would be any good if all the injured people were healthy. We are on a desperation QB playing with third stringer and desperation RBs with a decent receiving corps, I suppose.

The play and play calling sucks. They have been back to back exposed.

Remaining Schedule

Lions
Redskins
Cardinals
Lions
Cowboys
Jaguars
Colts
Packers Road Game
Bears

Who knows? I can see half of that list that we lose.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I already pressed the panic button last week.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

The only hope I have now is playing at home. Something needs to be done with the offense and line, and that starts at the top. Coaching.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Look at the bright side: we're still in 1st place. :whistle:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

5-11 with this line. We'd lose to the Browns right now. We might, MIGHT beat the jags, maybe. Dallas Is Gonna Wipe our #### off the field
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Laserman wrote:5-11 with this line. We'd lose to the Browns right now. We might, MIGHT beat the jags, maybe. Dallas Is Gonna Wipe our #### off the field
Well to say we couldn't beat the browns but could beat the jags make so sense given their current records
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We win 2 more games. Thats it. Thats for looking long term Rick No a lot of interesting pick yet if Ricj does make some move.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote:The only hope I have now is playing at home. Something needs to be done with the offense and line, and that starts at the top. Coaching.
Disagree again. Coaching? We are missing the two most important positions on the OL. Starting a guy off the street and an absolute bum in Clemmings. What do you expect a coach to do?? They can't do anything with these guys. Chicago was missing two interior players. Much different than two tackles. If I don't see a trade on my phone tomorrow, I'll truly be upset. Trade Floyd, Wright, Eric Sugarman....I really don't care at this point. You aren't going to find jack crap in the 2nd round of the draft at LT. RT who knows but it takes time for later round rookies to develop. If it isn't Thomas or Staley, find someone else. Anyone better than these piles of garbage
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Yeah I'm in for a trade. Joe Thomas still has a handful of good years in him while we draft a RT tackle next year.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I got to be honest I don't know how many more seasons I can take the Vikings

since like 92 full calender year fan, Sunday ticket ,,,, many many jerseys
blankets, t shirts, jerseys, tickets to Minnesota games, airfare, hotel etc etc ...

about a half dozen power snap kicks to the nuts....over the years
:confused:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
TriceStyle
Backup

Post by TriceStyle »

Still would like to know why we don't use a FB in this offense.......especially running.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

TriceStyle wrote:Still would like to know why we don't use a FB in this offense.......especially running.

Norv
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Boon wrote:
Norv
Norv just isnt the best guy for this offense. Either he changes or we change him. Now. Or we could win a few more more then fire him and hire someone else. But why waste the time. No running game at all, no pass blocking, And Sam will get the sh#t kicked out of him in 2 weeks or so. But at least we have a defense that only gives up 100 yards to the 1-6 Bears. I feel like crying. Such high expectations too.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

it's funny how things went from so great 2 weeks ago to so bad after tonight, but that is the way things go sometimes. you can't coach a washed up bum like long to "move quicker" after having his knees repaired 3 times and i honestly don't think you can coach clemmings anything. they might as well have him sit indian style on the field when they snap the ball. this offense is pathetic across the board, but i've never seen a line this bad. even when peterson was in there at the beginning of the year he couldn't run behind them (and that was the so-called healthier version). panic is an understatement and i think most would agree with a trade-but what about our cap issue? we are also now in a financial mess too.