Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TSonn
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

Post by TSonn »

I see a desperation trade tomorrow. Probably something like CP84 for Joe Thomas. Offensive line clearly getting worse as the season goes on and it is not simply because of injuries - we need trust and stability on the line and Thomas will provide that.
Last edited by TSonn on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Hunter Morrow wrote: That was me. I picked them to win in the Pick league, too.

Its a prime time road game! What was I thinking and drinking? Paint thinner?

:wallbang:
lol its all good in the neighborhood.
VikingsKid28
Starter

Post by VikingsKid28 »

soflavike wrote:I still blame the purple pants. They must be burned.
5-0 in home unis. 0-2 in away unis. Illuminati
It's a great day to be great
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

TSonn wrote:I see a desperation trade tomorrow. Probably something like CP84 for Joe Thomas. Offensive line clearly getting worse as the season goes on and it is not simply because of injuries.
no..no trades. never!!!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Vikes were out-coached and outplayed again. They looked like they gave up on this game in the second half.

This team may have gone into the bye week full of itself and believing it's own hype. They just received their second wake up call in 8 days. They're talented but deeply flawed and in danger of seeing their division lead and season start to slip away if they don't get their act together next week.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Trade Bradford for cutler..... while they are at it trade Norv for anyone (hell, I bet I could call a better game.)
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote:The Vikes were out-coached and outplayed again. They looked like they gave up on this game in the second half.

This team may have gone into the bye week full of itself and believing it's own hype. They just received their second wake up call in 8 days. They're talented but deeply flawed and in danger of seeing their division lead and season start to slip away if they don't get their act together next week.
Hard to believe Zimmer would let them get full of themselves but I guess it is hard to control a bunch of 20 year old millionaires.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote:Hard to believe Zimmer would let them get full of themselves but I guess it is hard to control a bunch of 20 year old millionaires.
Yep... it's not really his choice. All he can do is caution them against it and try to keep them focused.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:The Vikes were out-coached and outplayed again. They looked like they gave up on this game in the second half.

I agree. And now there is little hype to believe in.

I firmly believe the Vikings flaws go beyond just the players, particularly on offense.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I received my Chinese Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week so I superstitiously blame myself.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: I agree. And now there is little hype to believe in.

I firmly believe the Vikings flaws go beyond just the players, particularly on offense.

Oh, they do.

Zimmer looked somewhere between disappointed and despondent in his press conference (with a dash of angry thrown in for good measure). As he said in response to once question, "We didn't make any plays. They made all the plays".
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

A question nobody really seems to be asking: Where has the pass rush been? One sack in two games? Really?

Also, please fire Norv Turner. It's just time.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

On #Vikings offensive line @PFF ratings T.J. Clemmings was brutal at 24.8, Jake Long crummy at 48.1 and Brandon Fusco mediocre at 51.1.

On @PFF ratings only two offensive linemen to have OK nights were center Joe Berger at 83.7 and guard Alex Boone at 74.3.