In reality

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: In reality

Post by Raptorman »

Mothman wrote:

I mean no offense but that stat is inaccurate and it's a bit misleading. The Seahawks have drafted 4 offensive linemen in the first 2 rounds since 2010, not 5. They are:

2010: Russell Okung T, R1
2011: James Carpenter T, R1
2014: Justin Britt T, R2
2016: Germain Ifedi G, R1
That was a mis-count on my part. It's what happens when you have 8 hours of sleep in 5 days. :confused:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Raptorman wrote: That was a mis-count on my part. It's what happens when you have 8 hours of sleep in 5 days. :confused:

Perfectly understandable but... for heaven's sake, man! Get off VMB and get some rest! I'm surprised you can even type on so little sleep.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

chicagopurple wrote:Its not Zims fault that we have no OL. That is all on Spielmans shoulders. No matter how well you coach, you can't take a total lack of talent on the OL and coach them up. Slow response speed, a lack of strength and weight...all are just physical realities that can't be changed. The OL needs to be replaced. None of them are top quality or even average NFL player. We need new bodies all across the OL.
I don't think that is true. There is no way Spielman selects players during the draft and/or FA and/or trades without input from Zimmer, and that input is probably significant. Spielman is the one who pulls the trigger, of course, so in a strict sense he's responsible for the moves that are made, but to imply he and he alone bears sole responsibility for the outcome is not accurate.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Raptorman wrote:Just happened to come across this tonight. Interesting reading.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/her ... aft-picks/

Red highlight is mine.

The #Seahawks have failed to score a TD in half of their games this season. And they're the Vegas favorite to win the NFC.