Thoughts on the crapfest

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Thoughts on the crapfest

Post by mosscarter »

there will be no offensive line change-at least not this year that is the point. we are stuck with we have, which is a bag of total dog sh*t. good luck on sam remaining healthy this line is beyond a joke. walsh will miss another 20 or 30 at most yd kick anyway with the game on the line. same as last year, one and done in the playoffs.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

TSonn wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the game day thread but I think the defense should go back to trying to pick up and run with fumbles. Barr jumped on the ball and laid there for what seemed like 5 seconds before anyone touched him. Not blaming the defense at all but that should have been a TD but the coaches clearly got on the D for unsuccessfully trying to run with fumbles from the GB game.
"Barr jumped on the ball and laid there for what seemed like 5 seconds before anyone touched him." Yup, I was thoroughly disappointed with that.

OL - There's been to many problems for too long. I personally can't see this getting fixed. At least not in the way they've tried.. We need a trade. And soon.

I figured a loss would happen at some point, and I figured it would bum me out but I'd take it in stride. But this? Losing like this? this really dampened things. Next week we should be able to take Chi, but we need to do so with great resolve - with the fierceness we've come to know. We need next week to bring SKOL back to the hights it was loving in, far above the pits it was dumped in today.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Demi wrote: Bridgewater would have been killed today. Unblocked rushers, blown blocks...
If we had Bridgewater from day 1, we'd likely have more than 1 loss.l
The QB position definitely wasn't the problem...
I don't see it that way. I think Bridgewater has the ability to scramble and keep plays alive. Yes, the Vikings may have had a worse record with him, but it's also possible they may be 6-0. You have to remember with Peterson out, BW would be playing out of shotgun. I agree, the QB wasn't the problem today but a more agile QB would have helped.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I'm hoping that offensive blowup is out of our system.
Yesterday was a little bit of everybody on the offensive side of the ball having a part of the blowup.
Passes dropped, bad throws, turnovers, defensive rushers untouched and the offensive line was horrendous.
I'm glad Bradford is alive, I know he is not going to be able to take that kind of pounding.

One worry I do have is McKinnon hasn't really been completely healthy all season.
Do we start using Hillman more and let McKinnon get healthy, or do we start feeding the other teams some CJ Ham.

I'm interested to see how Kearse done yesterday. I heard Zimmer say he missed a few tackles, but it's good seeing him getting some playing time when Sendejo went down.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of patches/ fixes Zimmer comes up with.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'm really concerned about Sendejo. He is really turning into a good player, it would really be bad if he got hurt. Is Kearse his backup? What about Harris?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote: I don't see it that way. I think Bridgewater has the ability to scramble and keep plays alive. Yes, the Vikings may have had a worse record with him, but it's also possible they may be 6-0. You have to remember with Peterson out, BW would be playing out of shotgun. I agree, the QB wasn't the problem today but a more agile QB would have helped.

Maybe... but Bridgewater tended to hold the ball too long so the results may have been the same or worse. Despite his mobility and a low percentage of dropbacks (compared to the rest of the league), he took 83 sacks in his first 28 games.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

The best play of the game for the Vikings was the punt coverage play by CP84. Dude has really became a stud on the punt coverage game.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I'm really concerned about Sendejo. He is really turning into a good player, it would really be bad if he got hurt. Is Kearse his backup? What about Harris?
Yes, Kearse went in after Sendejo exited. I am excited to see Kearse play, sucks to lose Sendejo though...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I'm really concerned about Sendejo. He is really turning into a good player, it would really be bad if he got hurt. Is Kearse his backup? What about Harris?

Kearse came in for him on Sunday. Sendejo has a sprained ankle. He'll have an MRI on it today:

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/23/vi ... -have-mri/

Mckinnon hurt his ankle too. I'm not sure to what extent...
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Norv Zimmer wrote:The best play of the game for the Vikings was the punt coverage play by CP84. Dude has really became a stud on the punt coverage game.
He's becoming a stud in every phase he's played in this season. He really looks like he's putting in the effort, and so far it shows.
Is it a contract year by any chance? :whistle:
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

halfgiz wrote: Maybe we will see Pat Shurmur sooner than we think.
I would welcome that change 100%
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I listened to the game on the radio and my take away was they were playing flat. OL obviously isn't good enough to play flat. Even on defense they made more uncharacteristic mistakes than normal. Bradford was obviously rattled. I think the icing on the cake that shows how contagious such a tanking in a game can be is that Scherels muffed that punt. I can't recall him ever doing something like that in a game before. In many ways this game reminded me of the opener against SF last year where they played terrible. The Eagles are a better team than the 49ers, but we had early chances to take the lead and just didn't get it done. Overall the Defense

I was really surprised they put Long out there. Says a lot about their confidence in Clemmings and/or Sirles. He hasn't played a down all season and has maybe been in they system for a week. What a disaster. Not a shock he had guys run by him on both sides, not nearly the time in the system to understand the protections.

The OL issues aren't anything new. I think there is a 0% chance that Turner doesn't get it. The problem is the guys we have are not getting better. Zimmer's presser was all about that. "They have to find it in themselves to get better." They've got 8 days to get out the hole and make some strides, lets see if they do it.

Overall my take on this game was they didn't show up to work yesterday and they paid for it. Hopefully it is a wake up call.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

I'm wondering where Harris is too.......I thought he looked kinda promising when he got a couple chances last year
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

UKno1VIKING wrote: He's becoming a stud in every phase he's played in this season. He really looks like he's putting in the effort, and so far it shows.
Is it a contract year by any chance? :whistle:
Yes it is, before the year started they decided not to pick up his option.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2671 ... taley-more

I can't see the Vikings giving up a 1st rounder for either Thomas or Staley. Would be interesting to have Staley next to boone though.