Thoughts on the crapfest

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Thoughts on the crapfest

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings lose next week.
Dude we're playing the bears who currently have Matt Barkley at QB. If we manage to lose that game, this franchise should fold
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

What are the chances that Hue Jackson gets fired in Cleveland and we hire him as an OC?? I would be all for that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

The good:
We are still 5-1 and a game ahead of Green Bay
The defense is still a damned good defense.
Asiata and Patterson played with heart and guts
Bradford walked off the field after the game without help.

The bad:
The whole stinkin' offensive line can't run block or pass protect. Horrible.
Bradford could not get comfortable (not his fault) and missed some throws
Sendejo got hurt... just when he was making me a believer.
We have no deep passing threat (no time in the pocket and no deep threat receiver).

The Ugly
Can't gain 1/2 yard on two consecutive running plays, with the game on the line
The refs non-call of the PI on Diggs (although they made up for it later, but still)
The ref interfering with Bradford snap calling a goal-line play to allow for Philly to make substitutions????
Long letting a lineman go by to his right, and a blitzing CB to his left, without touching either one. (led to forced fumble)
The normally sure-handed Sherels muffing a punt, with the game on the line.
Blair Walsh tackling worse than he kicks short field goals.
Charles Johnson's only contribution was getting owned on the Philly kickoff return for a TD
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Dude we're playing the bears who currently have Matt Barkley at QB. If we manage to lose that game, this franchise should fold
I hear Cutler's thumb is feeling better, but your point would still stand.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Can we trade AD for Joe Thomas straight up and make it work with our cap situation? Seems like the only way our OLine sees any improvement this season would be a move for someone like Joe Thomas.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

TSonn wrote:Can we trade AD for Joe Thomas straight up and make it work with our cap situation? Seems like the only way our OLine sees any improvement this season would be a move for someone like Joe Thomas.
Well a banged up AP doesnt do much in a trade.
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Well a banged up AP doesnt do much in a trade.
Even an injured AD would be the most exciting thing that franchise has seen since 1964.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TSonn wrote:Can we trade AD for Joe Thomas straight up and make it work with our cap situation? Seems like the only way our OLine sees any improvement this season would be a move for someone like Joe Thomas.
I'd give up a 2nd or Wright for him. Idk what his trade value is, but we don't have much time to fix this.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

TSonn wrote: Even an injured AD would be the most exciting thing that franchise has seen since 1964.
:lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: I'd give up a 2nd or Wright for him. Idk what his trade value is, but we don't have much time to fix this.
I don't think they would give him up for Wright. Maybe a 2nd but thats tough not having a first or second round pick
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I'd give up a 2nd or Wright for him. Idk what his trade value is, but we don't have much time to fix this.
there is no cap left for Thomas.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I have a gut feeling that someone other than turner will be running the offense come monday
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the game day thread but I think the defense should go back to trying to pick up and run with fumbles. Barr jumped on the ball and laid there for what seemed like 5 seconds before anyone touched him. Not blaming the defense at all but that should have been a TD but the coaches clearly got on the D for unsuccessfully trying to run with fumbles from the GB game.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

soflavike wrote:
The bad:
We have no deep passing threat (no time in the pocket and no deep threat receiver).
I agree with no time in the pocket but I think the Vikings have WRs that can get deep in Patterson, Thielen, Diggs and Wright. That's especially true for Patterson. I'm surprised the Vikings don't at least go medium deep to him.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

This is what a team looks like with NO OL.....

It cannot work if the QB and RB have NO blocking. The game doesnt work that way.

WTF was Long doing in there with 1 days practice? Is our line truly so decrepit that HE was the best option?
Bradford will soon be on the DL.

IT was all very predictable that when we meet teams with a stout defensive line, we will get slapped around.....that wont change til the OL changes.