Viking @ Eagles Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Viking @ Eagles Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7

Post by Hunter Morrow »

What a clown fiesta. Way too cautious in the playcalling but there was a pressure, hit of the arm or ball, crushing hit or sack on Bradford almost all the time. What do you do with the o-line? or when mckinnon is gone and you are on the road with third and fourth string running backs?

Just a shocking disappointment. This was on the level of the 49ers last year. The bright side is we went 12-4 last year. Lets just hope that the game will get whatever that pitiful game was out of their system in order to play a divisional game.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:

I'm not that surprised. :( This was a matchup that potentially spelled trouble for them. The Eagles have a well-coached defense and the personnel to do just what they did today against the Vikes OL. We saw last year in the season opener that time to prepare doesn't necessarily put this team at an advantage.
Don't kid yourself. Philly won it. Their defense made the Vikes offense look bad.
If anything, I think the bye pumped the brakes on our momentum.

Today was simply one of those days. When Sendejo didn't get in and we failed to put it in from the 2, I was concerned. Things went downhill from there fast! I literally fell asleep at the end, but heard that Bradford got hit hard and looked woozy. Is he OK?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: If anything, I think the bye pumped the brakes on our momentum.

Today was simply one of those days. When Sendejo didn't get in and we failed to put it in from the 2, I was concerned. Things went downhill from there fast! I literally fell asleep at the end, but heard that Bradford got hit hard and looked woozy. Is he OK?
I haven't heard but he seemed okay. He came down hard on his knee and was limping for a minute or so but he never came out of the game. Hopefully, he's fine.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
41m
Mike Zimmer says he is going to put his finger on the Vikings problems this week.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

halfgiz wrote:Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
41m
Mike Zimmer says he is going to put his finger on the Vikings problems this week.
Uh oh lol
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

Well that was a relief. Now we can get back to Viking football.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

SP1966 wrote: I know enough to see there is nothing to step up into, unless you want him to step up into a sack.

Exactly. Fiesta, you're not wrong that Bradford isn't great at moving around in the pocket to adjust to pressure, but that was obviously not the main problem today. The OL simply stunk and let pass rushers come from everywhere. We don't need all of the rude language about who knows more about football.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Mike Zimmer calls loss 'embarrassing' and Vikings offensive line 'soft' bit.ly/2eviAQ5

“It was embarrassing in at least two of the phases,” the head coach said, “and I’m very disappointed in the performance that we gave today. We turned the ball over offensively, we didn’t block people, we dropped balls, we got the quarterback hit, we [need] two inches and we can’t convert on third down or fourth down, we got three shots in the red zone in the first half, we throw an interception, we gave up a 98-yard kickoff return, we fumbled a punt. If you’re going to do those things, you have no chance to win.”

The biggest irritant to Zimmer was a Vikings offensive line that he said got “whipped” by the Eagles, who had six sacks and a dozen quarterback hits.

“We didn’t block anybody,” he said. “We were soft. We got overpowered.”

Zimmer said the Vikings have to fix their offensive line from within.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:
Zimmer said the Vikings have to fix their offensive line from within.
It's true, but they really have no choice. I was surpised Easton was out today, should have put him in rather than Long.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson
Alex Boone challenges #Vikings teammates. "This (loss to Eagles) better light a fire under some people or you’re not in the right building."
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:

Does that include himself?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Does that include himself?
His other comments suggest it does.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I had to miss the game, saw bits and pieces and heard a lot of it. Sounded like a good one to miss.
Rick sure put together a good Oline. Even the most least knowledgeable Vikings fan KNEW we needed a much better Oline right now.

We played so bad on the O and D side, im just going to pretend it didnt happen, and that we beat Chicago next week, before it a becomes a nightmare like our seasons usually end up as.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:[
His other comments suggest it does.
Is there a link to his comments?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Is there a link to his comments?
I just saw what Chris Tomasson quoted on Twitter at https://twitter.com/christomasson

They might have video of Boone's remarks on vikings.com. I haven't looked yet ...