Viking @ Eagles Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Viking @ Eagles Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7

Post by FullWood »

Bradford was with the Eagles last year it looks like the Eagles knew him very and i mean very well.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

SP1966 wrote:Look at those (low)hilights, there is a fracking party in Bradford's face on every last one of them.
Yeah, it was embarrassingly bad offensive line play. To be fair, the Eagles have a very good defense and can clearly rush the passer, but the number of times Sam's arm was getting hit on drop backs was unbelievable to be honest. The offensive linemen and backs were consistently beaten by rushers, and, as you note, it wasn't just to the outside, but up the middle as well. That is why not ony could the Vikings not pass the ball today, they also couldn't run it.

Not sure how Zimmer addresses this, but if the only way this team wins is to have the defense play lights-out every week while winning the turnover battle, it is going to be a long season.

Like I said before, I think this team still has a great chance to win the division and probably will, but that offensive line weakness is going to make it a short run in the playoffs.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

FullWood wrote:Bradford was with the Eagles last year it looks like the Eagles knew him very and i mean very well.
We had Wentz bottled up, too... and the Eagles didn't rush any better than the Vikings. The difference-maker ended up being special teams today. Both offenses were very weak.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Like I said before, I think this team still has a great chance to win the division and probably will, but that offensive line weakness is going to make it a short run in the playoffs.
A competent OC/GM would fix that within 10 weeks. Do we have that? :confused:
If it is a short run in the playoffs, both positions should be looked at.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Demi wrote: A competent OC/GM would fix that within 10 weeks. Do we have that? :confused:
If it is a short run in the playoffs, both positions should be looked at.
Where do you find decent Offensive Linemen at this point in the season?
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Who knew blocking was so important to offensive football? :evil:

Now that the bubble has burst, it will be interesting to see what direction this season goes for the Vikes. This was the eighth game of the Zimmer era in which the Vikes failed to score more than 10 points.

They get an extra day to prepare for a struggling Bears team, although they had an extra week to prepare for the Eagles...

Hopefully, the Vikes will bounce back with a win on Halloween. The Lions and Packers both won this week so the divisional race just got tighter.

That was an ugly football game.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

FullWood wrote:Bradford was with the Eagles last year it looks like the Eagles knew him very and i mean very well.
It wouldn't matter if they'd never even heard of Bradford before, as often as their D got up close and personal they'd have known him better than his wife by the end of the game.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

SP1966 wrote: Without the second point none of the first makes #### for difference. The falls 100% on the lack of an O-line, nothing a different QB, RB, and WRs could do about it.
It was a team effort. But the offense was the biggest culprit...offense falls on Norv's shoulders.
We're 0-1 in the 2nd season. Should be some butt chewing this week.

We have no cap space.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

soflavike wrote: Where do you find decent Offensive Linemen at this point in the season?

It won't be easy and the Vikes have virtually no cap room remaining. I'm not sure there's much Turner or Spielman can do at this point. the proverbial bed has been made.

The OL needed to be addressed much more effectively in the offseason and over the last few years. That didn't happen and now it's a liability they have to try to work around week after week.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

halfgiz wrote: It was a team effort. But the offense was the biggest culprit...offense falls on Norv's shoulders.
We're 0-1 in the 2nd season. Should be some butt chewing this week.

We have no cap space.
490,000 or so.
Viking fan since '65
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

halfgiz wrote:It was a team effort. But the offense was the biggest culprit...offense falls on Norv's shoulders.
It falls on Zimmer's first. He's the head coach.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:Who knew blocking was so important to offensive football? :evil:

Now that the bubble has burst, it will be interesting to see what direction this season goes for the Vikes. This was the eighth game of the Zimmer era in which the Vikes failed to score more than 10 points.

They get an extra day to prepare for a struggling Bears team, although they had an extra week to prepare for the Eagles...

Hopefully, the Vikes will bounce back with a win on Halloween. The Lions and Packers both won this week so the divisional race just got tighter.

That was an ugly football game.
I can't believe this came after a bye. Like I said, the offense lost this game more than Philly won it. Kudos to them for a good game, but if they get FGs out of those drives where they got nothing, it is a different ball game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I can't believe this came after a bye.

I'm not that surprised. :( This was a matchup that potentially spelled trouble for them. The Eagles have a well-coached defense and the personnel to do just what they did today against the Vikes OL. We saw last year in the season opener that time to prepare doesn't necessarily put this team at an advantage.
Like I said, the offense lost this game more than Philly won it.
Don't kid yourself. Philly won it. Their defense made the Vikes offense look bad.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
Sam Bradford 24/41 224 1 1
Carson Wentz 16/28 138 1 2

I saw somewhere that Sam's QB rating was 79 for the game, while Wentz's was about 59. I think Wentz's would have been 19 behind the Minnesota line, lol. Long week now till Monday night game. Let's hope SOMETHING gels for the o-line. I'm sure these guys feel terrible.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Our offense was terrible. The o line was atrocious and once again I think the PLAYCALLING was garbage.

No Treadwell through 7 weeks, officially a bust IMO.