Is Wentz the toughest remaining QB Vikes face?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Is Wentz the toughest remaining QB Vikes face?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Prescott, Rodgers, and Stafford worry me more.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Toughest remaining Q is still gotta be Rodgers or Luck, but it's not even about that one position. I'd say Cowboys and Dak might give the Vikings the strongest test of the remaining games just with their style of play. Rodgers and Luck especially don't have a team that scares anyones, but solely from a QB perspective, those are the toughest.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Toughest remaining Q is still gotta be Rodgers or Luck, but it's not even about that one position. I'd say Cowboys and Dak might give the Vikings the strongest test of the remaining games just with their style of play. Rodgers and Luck especially don't have a team that scares anyones, but solely from a QB perspective, those are the toughest.

Assuming we aren't going to run the table I think Dallas is easily one of our losses. Not that we would be overmatched or couldn't beat them again in the playoffs, I just would see them being one of our losses.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

As far as I'm concerned, we're running the table until somebody beats us.

And I don't think Wentz is in the top 3 quarterbacks we have left to face.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

:rofl:
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Wentz is going to be a quivering, sniveling mass of jello who sleeps with one eye open by Sunday night. :lol:
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Wentz is going to be a quivering, sniveling mass of jello who sleeps with one eye open by Sunday night. :lol:
You know Zimmer is going to open his blitz packages wide open...double A gap ....check, Delayed Safety Blitz ... check,
Corner Blitz ... check, Send everyone ... check
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I think blitzing him is the key for sure. I watched the Redskins game on my commute this morning, and he looked very skittish when getting pressured.
Their LT was especially poor. I'd back Everson Griffen to bag a couple of sacks sunday.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

UKno1VIKING wrote:I think blitzing him is the key for sure. I watched the Redskins game on my commute this morning, and he looked very skittish when getting pressured.
Their LT was especially poor. I'd back Everson Griffen to bag a couple of sacks sunday.

one of their starting Olinemen got banned for 10 games I believe. Lane Johnson?
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

IrishViking wrote:
one of their starting Olinemen got banned for 10 games I believe. Lane Johnson?
Yeah it was Johnson.....but expect Phily to give their rookie more help (sound familiar). As far as the remaining QBs.....the 2 youngsters have talent and a good supporting group. Stafford, Luck, and Cousins are all very streaky and can light it up at any time.....just never know when. And never count out Rodgers. Maybe we sweep GB this year who knows but that game concerns me the most. 1 game at a time.
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

IrishViking wrote: Assuming we aren't going to run the table I think Dallas is easily one of our losses. Not that we would be overmatched or couldn't beat them again in the playoffs, I just would see them being one of our losses.
We need to win at Phili to restart the momentum, but if we lose to the Cowboys (or any other team at home this year) the fans did not do their jobs. I went to the Packers game and could not believe the number of people sitting down with their thumbs up their a..es when our defense was on the field. This venue is earning a reputation for offering the most inhospitable conditions for opposing offenses. A rowdy crowd does a lot for a defense that already smells blood in the water and I think that's something Prescott hasn't had to deal with yet, at least not to the level of what we can offer. That goes for any other QB visiting - we can give them the psychological treatment by rattling the hell out of them and then let "The Maul of America" administer the physical punishment :beerock: :smilevike:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

jackal wrote:If Rodgers bounces back
I would say him.
See, I am not worried about an elite passer. I'm worried about an elite team. An elite passer can beat you, sometimes by himself, and elite team can beat you 90% of the time.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

dead_poet wrote:Interesting. Sounds absurd on the surface but maybe it's not so crazy of a take.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... challenge/
He is the toughest one they are going to face this week. And right now, that is all that matters.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Yeah it was Johnson.....but expect Phily to give their rookie more help (sound familiar).
Yeah, we gave our bums more help all the time. Just meant less area to cover. :wallbang: