Early weather forecast for next Sunday in Philly

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Early weather forecast for next Sunday in Philly

Post by RFIP »

As you know this time of year weather in these outdoor games can become a factor. It's early but things look good for next week.

Current forecast calling for 61 degrees, partly sunny with only a 10% chance of precipitation.

Perfect football weather!

Can't wait! Should be a week full of "Sam how do you feel about returning to Philadelphia?" questions which he will handle flawlessly.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Early weather forecast for next Sunday in Philly

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Watching the Eagles redskins game today I really am not too scared of the Eagles. The ONLY thing that has me a little worried is that ithe is a away game. The Eagles rookie right tackle (I don't even want to try to spell his name) is going to get eaten alive next week.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Watching the Eagles redskins game today I really am not too scared of the Eagles. The ONLY thing that has me a little worried is that ithe is a away game. The Eagles rookie right tackle (I don't even want to try to spell his name) is going to get eaten alive next week.

The Eagles have lost a lot of their mojo from weeks 1-3 and will be more guarded next week trying to protect their rookie RT. Normally I would say something like "as long as the Vikings don't come in to that game too over confident.." but I've learned that Zimmer's teams don't do that. They handle each week like a 1 game season a la the way New England plays, so I expect max effort and I expect the defense to again keep Philly in the "teens" - I follow Eagle writer Michael Lombardo on twitter, he's a good, fair dude. He was tweeting out today that "I said last week that Detrior has given teams the blue print on how to attack the Eagles defense, spread them out, throw quick passes to loosen them up, run out of the gun then take your shots down field.." ALL of which Bradford and company excel at.

And with GB losing today and Rodgers looking like a shell of himself, the Vikings have a big opportunity in front of them. And Atlanta losing helps too.

In my opinion Minny and Dallas are the best 2 teams in the NFC at present.

How on tight folks, things are about to get a lot more fun!!!!!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Rodgers looked horrible today. Missing wide open guys, throwing picks, fumbling.

I'm hoping we come out of the bye week energized and not sleepy-eyed!
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

RFIP wrote: In my opinion Minny and Dallas are the best 2 teams in the NFC at present.
You cannot leave that Seattle team out of the mix at 4-1, the defense is still very good to great, the offense is steady. They've played an easy schedule thus far outside of todays victory over Atlanta, but they'd still be a tough out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

SP1966 wrote: You cannot leave that Seattle team out of the mix at 4-1, the defense is still very good to great, the offense is steady. They've played an easy schedule thus far outside of todays victory over Atlanta, but they'd still be a tough out.
Of the three teams right now, I would put the Vikings at #3 actually, mainly because of their OL and running game. Someone will figure out how to get to Bradford, and the sooner we get a running game, the better. Seattle and Dallas are both more complete than Min, as of right now.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Of the three teams right now, I would put the Vikings at #3 actually, mainly because of their OL and running game. Someone will figure out how to get to Bradford, and the sooner we get a running game, the better. Seattle and Dallas are both more complete than Min, as of right now.
Seattle is good but if they play in Minnesota again they are losing. The Vikings have the type of defense (i.e. Rams) to stop their offense.

The top 4 teams are Minnesota, Seattle, Atlanta and Dallas - ALL have flaws, Dallas and Atlanta have very average defenses and Seattle's offense does not scare me in the least. Minnesota would be in good shape to beat any of those 4 teams. Do not sell this Viking defense short.

I am worried about the Vikings poor OL and run game but I hope Long starts in Philly, that will go a long way in solidifying the OL (you are going to have to trust me on that one) and I would really like to see Hillman start getting some touches. He's the most talented back on the roster save for AP.

Now if Peterson comes back mid-December and is healthy THAT will be a game changer for all opponents.

Bradford is nails. He's found a home and loves everything about this team and city. He's only going to get better.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Redskins are gradually putting themselves in the conversation too. They've won 4 in a row and may be emerging as one of the better teams in the conference.
VikingsKid28
Starter

Post by VikingsKid28 »

I've noticed the Vikes have been wearing the same uniform for five weeks, and they've been balling out. I wish we could wear them all season!
It's a great day to be great
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

SP1966 wrote: You cannot leave that Seattle team out of the mix at 4-1, the defense is still very good to great, the offense is steady. They've played an easy schedule thus far outside of todays victory over Atlanta, but they'd still be a tough out.
Thats exactly right.....out of all the good teams I think the Seahawks are the most dangerous as they are the most experienced. They are a very streaky team and when they are on they are very good. Can't stand the their demeanor.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Agreed, on another note, I watched the Puker game, Erin had all day to throw and still had a terrible game. The cowboy front four didn't get much pressure at all.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I'm really not that concerned about the opponent next week. The opposition padded Philly's stats, especially on defence.
Yes our O-Line is a worry, but we've played much better front four's this year, and we've managed to keep Bradford relatively clean. I reckon Jet goes off on this one, i don't fancy their running D at all.
Look for Philly to throw a lot of screens, under stuff, short slants etc, which could be an achilles heel for us.
Unless we take the lead early and force the rookie to air it out. Our shutdown corners will do the rest.
The only thing that that will beat us this week in my opinion is ourselves. If we come out of the bye week, sloppy and lazy like we did at Tennessee, then i don't see the Eagles rolling over like the Titans did.
However, i cant see Zimmer allowing that!

Vikings win 27-14
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I'm really not that concerned about the opponent next week. The opposition padded Philly's stats, especially on defence.
Yes our O-Line is a worry, but we've played much better front four's this year, and we've managed to keep Bradford relatively clean. I reckon Jet goes off on this one, i don't fancy their running D at all.
Look for Philly to throw a lot of screens, under stuff, short slants etc, which could be an achilles heel for us.
Unless we take the lead early and force the rookie to air it out. Our shutdown corners will do the rest.
The only thing that that will beat us this week in my opinion is ourselves. If we come out of the bye week, sloppy and lazy like we did at Tennessee, then i don't see the Eagles rolling over like the Titans did.
However, i cant see Zimmer allowing that!

Vikings win 27-14
Eventhough I can see Carson Wentz being a much better QB in the NFL long term than Rams number 1 pick...

I don't think Philly is a very complete team overall. I am more worried about the Bears game than I am the Eagles...
Last year was the only time we have won in Chicago since (2007). The bears play us tough...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

jackal wrote: Eventhough I can see Carson Wentz being a much better QB in the NFL long term than Rams number 1 pick...

I don't think Philly is a very complete team overall. I am more worried about the Bears game than I am the Eagles...
Last year was the only time we have won in Chicago since (2007). The bears play us tough...
I would agree. Philly should be a W. Division games on the road especially are a different kettle of fish
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

The game will be televised to most of the country.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=7
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014