Reasonable optimism

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Reasonable optimism

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

It can't be denied there difficult teams out there (we are extremely far behind with our O), but as we know, we are building, and keep building. It's difficult at this point to see what we can do later on when we inevitably round out our O. Zimm is a great coach, and if anyone can get the offense shaped up, it's him.

If we can hold this chance to get top seed, our offense will have developed quite a bit by then, and hopefully we'll get AP in at that point. When those elements happen, and I truely believe they will (not wishful thinking), we will be looking like a true super bowl team.

Until then, we have to focus game by game

- SKOL!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Reasonable optimism

Post by IrishViking »

Aside from the Patriots I like our odds against just about anyone today.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

AP's abscence isnt really a hindrance. We dont have a Ol to block for hi anyway. His absence has forced the offense to diversify and I think that has been a good thing. If we go anywhere this year it will be due to our OL gelling, somehow.....if that happens, we ought to give the super bowl game ball to the OL coach.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:It can't be denied there difficult teams out there (we are extremely far behind with our O), but as we know, we are building, and keep building. It's difficult at this point to see what we can do later on when we inevitably round out our O. Zimm is a great coach, and if anyone can get the offense shaped up, it's him.

If we can hold this chance to get top seed, our offense will have developed quite a bit by then, and hopefully we'll get AP in at that point. When those elements happen, and I truely believe they will (not wishful thinking), we will be looking like a true super bowl team.

Until then, we have to focus game by game

- SKOL!
This teams offense is not extremely far behind ANYONE's O. And when you factor in a defense that will bring ANYONE ESLES O back toward us and the rate at which the Vikings O is growing, the sky is the limit for this team this year.

Will they win the Super Bowl? We sall see but I know they have as good a chance as ANYONE right now, and better than most.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I'm sorry i have to disagree. Our Offence is not "extremely far behind" like you have mentioned.
We have, one of the most underrated young receiving group in the NFL, a Running Back who is a very good player, a QB playing out of his skin. The one group you maybe could say that about is our O-line, but take away last weeks game, how many times has the QB been touched? They haven't produced massive holes for the Running Backs, but they've kept Bradford upright enough for him to help us win games.
I'm very excited about this young all around team, more than i have ever been about any other Vikings side i've watched in the past 20 years. And quite a bit of that is to do with our offence making plays. I honestly think were a couple of linemen away from being the most rounded team in the NFL.
If were not already.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

UKno1VIKING wrote:I'm sorry i have to disagree. Our Offence is not "extremely far behind" like you have mentioned.
We have, one of the most underrated young receiving group in the NFL, a Running Back who is a very good player, a QB playing out of his skin. The one group you maybe could say that about is our O-line, but take away last weeks game, how many times has the QB been touched? They haven't produced massive holes for the Running Backs, but they've kept Bradford upright enough for him to help us win games.
I'm very excited about this young all around team, more than i have ever been about any other Vikings side i've watched in the past 20 years. And quite a bit of that is to do with our offence making plays. I honestly think were a couple of linemen away from being the most rounded team in the NFL.
If were not already.

I hear that. I think it's the OL that I was thinking about most. I think you're right - If we can tighten up the OL our offence will look pretty damn good. This part of the O development I was talking about will come in handy if we can get AP back it. Tighten up the OL, and AP will shine. I think this will be the case once we do have him in. I also agree with the other comment about AP's absence not being a hindrance. But again, I saying as out OL develops through the season, when we DO get him back, we'll be able to open up his game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Just... people... stop getting hurt. At this rate, we're going to have to start calling guys in the ring of honor to play by week 16.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

UKno1VIKING wrote:I'm sorry i have to disagree. Our Offence is not "extremely far behind" like you have mentioned.
If were not already.
And Patterson has become an extension of the run game. A simple smoke screen, even if not blocked great, usually nets 4-5 yards...and when well blocked is 10+ with a chance for a house call.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Just think, we haven't even seen Treadwell yet. Diggs, Rudy and Treadwell with Jet out of the backfield makes us pretty scary on third down.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dkoby wrote:Just think, we haven't even seen Treadwell yet. Diggs, Rudy and Treadwell with Jet out of the backfield makes us pretty scary on third down.
Assuming Treadwell lives up to his potential, which we have yet to see.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

S197 wrote: Assuming Treadwell lives up to his potential, which we have yet to see.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLr4vR0l1He/

Nope, not throwing shade or taking shots at all
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

At the risk of beating a dead horse, lets just say i dont think he sees the field this year as a receiver in any consistent fashion unless we have a few go down. You guys can believe the coach speak though
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Boon wrote:At the risk of beating a dead horse, lets just say i dont think he sees the field this year as a receiver in any consistent fashion unless we have a few go down. You guys can believe the coach speak though
I read a Norv quote a couple days ago where he said Treadwell "will be a factor in this offense THIS YEAR.."
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

My view on things is a big part of why our offense has been so successful is they have had ZERO turnovers. That would not be the case if Peterson had been playing all season. If he had looked productive prior to his injury, I'd have high hopes for him coming back and boosting our offense, but I think decreasing on productivity and our O-line isn't doing crap for run blocking hurting him as well.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Code: Select all

DVOA PLAYOFF ODDS REPORT
Odds to Make Playoffs	Odds to Win Super Bowl LI	          Odds of No. 1 Pick
1	MIN	93.9                      1	MIN	17.4%	               1	CLE	47.8%
2	PIT	88.                       2	SEA	16.7%	               2	NYJ	10.1%
3	SEA	85.5                      3	PIT	14.6%	               3	SF	9.3%
4	ATL	84.0%	                  4	NE	7.7%	                 4	MIA	8.3%
5	NE	77.                        5	DEN	6.9%	                5	CHI	4.1%