What's Wrong with Mike Harris?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

What's Wrong with Mike Harris?

Post by Lars »

Harris started on the offensive line last year... The Vikings could use a decent offensive lineman. So what happened? The net is yielding nothing. Why does it seem to be such a secret?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: What's Wrong with Mike Harris?

Post by fiestavike »

Lars wrote:Harris started on the offensive line last year... The Vikings could use a decent offensive lineman. So what happened? The net is yielding nothing. Why does it seem to be such a secret?
HIPPA?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Lars wrote:Harris started on the offensive line last year... The Vikings could use a decent offensive lineman. So what happened? The net is yielding nothing. Why does it seem to be such a secret?

Whatever it is, he obviously wants to keep it personal. I just hope it's not career-threatening.
Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Lars »

He played 16 games last year... and helped Peterson lead the NFL in rushing. I wish him well... and can't help but wish he was available. I am sure Harris wishes he was too. C'est la vie.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote: HIPPA?

It's "HIPAA".
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

As others have noted its probably HIPAA related.

SO LETS SPECULATE!

low risk form of cancer he needs to do mild chemo for? expected to be fine after year of treatment?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:As others have noted its probably HIPAA related.

SO LETS SPECULATE!

low risk form of cancer he needs to do mild chemo for? expected to be fine after year of treatment?
It could simply be a concussion (concussion symptoms can last months or even as long as a year). IIRC, Harris initially referred to the issue as a "little" head injury. Whatever it is, it's enough to keep him off the field. Let's just hope he gets over it and it's not too serious.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CLEVELAND - Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas has declared himself questionable for Sunday's game with a unique ailment.
Maybe Harris forgot to trim his nose hair?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I've wondered if it something addiction related, but that is pure conjecture on my part. At this point, there is no point in beating the bush. When/if he comes back, he comes back. If he doesn't, he doesn't.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mansquatch wrote:I've wondered if it something addiction related, but that is pure conjecture on my part. At this point, there is no point in beating the bush. When/if he comes back, he comes back. If he doesn't, he doesn't.
If so, the organization is handling this in a super classy way. No way to know what the deal is, but its really interesting he re-signed with the Vikings only to immediately have this medical issue. More conjecture, but it feels like both he and the team knew something was up before he ended up signing in MN instead of with the NYG, which again, indicates whatever the issue is, the team is handling this in a really classy manner.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Lars »

fiestavike wrote: If so, the organization is handling this in a super classy way. No way to know what the deal is, but its really interesting he re-signed with the Vikings only to immediately have this medical issue. More conjecture, but it feels like both he and the team knew something was up before he ended up signing in MN instead of with the NYG, which again, indicates whatever the issue is, the team is handling this in a really classy manner.
It's a mystery... which of course makes curious people curious. I'm guessing it is cancer or something similar -- given that he can play "as soon as the doctors clear him to play"... which is what he said in July. The team would certainly support him through something like that.