Jake Long

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Jake Long

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Boon wrote:The only sure thing about this whole deal, is i'm sure glad some of you aren't general managers
:lol: Agreed 100%
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

autobon7 wrote:Not really trying to place blame but looking at the irony of the situation. Sam drops back, Long misses the block, Sam replaced by Hill......back together again.

So what your saying is Hill should account for his whereabouts at the time of each Oline players injury and we should check his bank accounts for any transfers to Long's? :lol:
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

IrishViking wrote:
So what your saying is Hill should account for his whereabouts at the time of each Oline players injury and we should check his bank accounts for any transfers to Long's? :lol:
One could look at it that way lol
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

I saw a few excerpts from Spielman's Bye Week Presser on 1500ESPN.

It is worth noting that he mentioned we have 33 million in cap tied up on injured reserve, and about 55K remaining in the cap as a whole. If anything happens to anyone else, namely on the OL, we will be stuck with what we've got.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TheCoolerOne wrote:I saw a few excerpts from Spielman's Bye Week Presser on 1500ESPN.

It is worth noting that he mentioned we have 33 million in cap tied up on injured reserve, and about 55K remaining in the cap as a whole. If anything happens to anyone else, namely on the OL, we will be stuck with what we've got.

... or they'll have to convince someone to re-work their deal. Hopefully, that won't be necessary.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Worth a shot. Clemmings was terrible last week.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

jackal wrote:
The only thing Teddy is better at than bradford is scrambling IMO.

Bradford is a true pocket passer.. I honestly think if our OL keep jelling and stays healthy we could pass for 350 a game with our wide outs and Bradford
I agree, just didn't want to risk turning a thread about Jake Long into another Bradford/Bridgewater #### session so I attempted to tread lightly with the comparison.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

TheCoolerOne wrote:I saw a few excerpts from Spielman's Bye Week Presser on 1500ESPN.

He's got easy money with Sam's contract. Easy re-work because he's not going anywhere next year for sure. Right now only $4mil of his $17k is G-money. They could easily free up several mil this year by taking some of his $17 mil this year and pushing it to next.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I think some teams tried to sign Long this year and he wasn't interested ....

Its a good sign that he want to be with the Vikings
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Sam Bradford on teammates with Long on Rams: "It's good to have Jake Long back. .... It's good to have a familiar face in the huddle.''

Bradford smiles when asked about reuniting with Jake Long: 'I know it's only been a few days, but he looks great.'
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Any word on whether he's expected to start for us this week? I'm guessing not, but who knows?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Texas Vike wrote:Any word on whether he's expected to start for us this week? I'm guessing not, but who knows?
#Vikings Mike Zimmer on Jake Long, part 1: "We've had two practices. Today will be the first day in pads. I haven’t seen him in pads yet.''

Mike Zimmer on Jake Long, part 2: "Expectations can change quickly and go one way or the other. I’m trying to go by what I see and go from there."
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

halfgiz wrote: #Vikings Mike Zimmer on Jake Long, part 1: "We've had two practices. Today will be the first day in pads. I haven’t seen him in pads yet.''

Mike Zimmer on Jake Long, part 2: "Expectations can change quickly and go one way or the other. I’m trying to go by what I see and go from there."
I'm sure they'd prefer him to start over Clemmings, who has been a disaster. But, everything depends on this week's practice.
Damian
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I don't think they can in good conscience start him unless he knows every scheme and play that TJ knows.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

IrishViking wrote:I don't think they can in good conscience start him unless he knows every scheme and play that TJ knows.
Like Bradford is worse than Hill until he learns the offense? They could tell him in the huddle what his assignment is and he's likely better based on sheer ability than the guy who knows who his assignment is and can't handle them....