Jake Long

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Jake Long

Post by autobon7 »

Wasn't Long the guy that wiffed the block that ended up causing the second ACL for Bradford? Something like that?
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

He said this is the first time in 5 years that he has actually felt healthy. He passed his physical so that is good, hopefully he can play at a high level once again and give Sammy a little more protection.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I doubt we can count on Long to be much help at this point but if he really is feeling healthier than he has in years, maybe he'll be able to play effectively.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:I doubt we can count on Long to be much help at this point but if he really is feeling healthier than he has in years, maybe he'll be able to play effectively.
He might be a downgrade on pass blocking, maybe but I dont think, mathatically he could be worse in run blocking then what we have
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

IrishViking wrote: He might be a downgrade on pass blocking, maybe but I dont think, mathatically he could be worse in run blocking then what we have
A downgrade in pass blocking would be pretty impressive at this point.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

halfgiz wrote:Vikings expected to sign former No. 1 overall pick, OT, Jake Long today, per source. A Michigan man makes his way to Minnesota.

Jake Long now becomes second former No. 1 overall pick Vikings have acquired as an injury replacement this season. es.pn/2dFV1mz
That has to be some kind of dubious record.

Given the state of the tackles, I can't see this being any worse than a push. That speaks volumes to the sorry state of our roster at Tackle...
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

What's Demarcus Love up to? Screw it; my new motto is: SIGN ALL THE TACKLES
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

dead_poet wrote:What's Demarcus Love up to? Screw it; my new motto is: SIGN ALL THE TACKLES
Great new motto!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Sparano was Long's first coach when we was taken #1 overall in Miami. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I am really enjoying our success but I feel like its being held together by scotch-tape and a prayer!
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

chicagopurple wrote:I am really enjoying our success but I feel like its being held together by scotch-tape and a prayer!

Same here. I love the wins but I can't help expecting the other shoe to fall on the offensive line.

The all but forgotten Jake Long, who quite possibly is a shell of his former self, is now going to be a starting tackle?

Wonderful. :?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:What's Demarcus Love up to? Screw it; my new motto is: SIGN ALL THE TACKLES
Sooner or later we will find a decent tackle.
:rock: :rock:
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I am gonna try and put on 135 pounds and try my hand at it I think..... wait, I just sprained my ankle really bad on a trampoline on saturday. Nevermind...
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

chicagopurple wrote:I am really enjoying our success but I feel like its being held together by scotch-tape and a prayer!
Sometimes that works. Last time the Packers won the Super Bowl they had 16 players on IR.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Billy Turner was just cut from the Dolphins. He was a stud at NDSU.