Jake Long

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Jake Long

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:
And with their first pick of the 2017 draft the Vikings select Joe smhoe in the 5th round
:lol:
PurpleTears
Practice Squad

Post by PurpleTears »

Does anyone know if Jonathan Cooper made it through waivers after Pats cut him last week?
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I guess long came and worked out today.
Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 1h1 hour ago

Free agent OT Jake Long worked out for the Vikings this morning, Mike Zimmer said.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

PurpleTears wrote:Does anyone know if Jonathan Cooper made it through waivers after Pats cut him last week?
I heard that the Browns claimed Cooper.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

IrishViking wrote:
And with their first pick of the 2017 draft the Vikings select Joe smhoe in the 5th round

Exactly.

What's more: Joe Schmoe from Mossy Log State University, in Düsseldorf, Germany. :banana:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

YikesVikes wrote:Would anyone be upset if we gave up a 3rd for Joe Thomas?
They probably want a 3rd for that Cooper guy they just picked up off of waivers. :D
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

dead_poet wrote: Last word on Long was he was released from the Ravens in July due to a problematic physical. He's an older version of Kalil with his broken lower body. Even so, that might be a degree or two up from the worst starting LT in the league so whatever. Sure.
If he can still breath he's better than TJ who is not now nor ever will be an NFL LT.

Long has the pedigree and has ALWAYS played LT. He'd be an improvement.

Added plus, he's also been Sam's LT for a while in STL.

I make this move as long as his physical checks out.

Now if they could swing a Joe Thomas trade I'd be all in on that...
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

YikesVikes wrote:Would anyone be upset if we gave up a 3rd for Joe Thomas?
I'd throw in Teddy.

TB + 3rd in a heart beat.

Guess you can't trade injured players though..
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

RFIP wrote: I'd throw in Teddy.

TB + 3rd in a heart beat.

Guess you can't trade injured players though..

:shock: Jesus, talk about tempting Karma. You do that literally the first play Joe is in on he would give up a career ending sack on Bradford.
rugbyrugger23
Rookie

Post by rugbyrugger23 »

Norv Zimmer wrote: It would take more than that because the browns hold all the cards. They don't care if they win or lose right now.

I am thinking a 2nd and a 5th for him.
Treadwell + 4th if needed but ideally a 5th for Thomas + Browns 3rd (really late 2nd).

Thomas LT, Long RT, Clemmings and Sirles as depth. With Fusco banged up too, could be needed.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

The only sure thing about this whole deal, is i'm sure glad some of you aren't general managers
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings expected to sign former No. 1 overall pick, OT, Jake Long today, per source. A Michigan man makes his way to Minnesota.

Jake Long now becomes second former No. 1 overall pick Vikings have acquired as an injury replacement this season. es.pn/2dFV1mz
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

halfgiz wrote:Vikings expected to sign former No. 1 overall pick, OT, Jake Long today, per source. A Michigan man makes his way to Minnesota.

Jake Long now becomes second former No. 1 overall pick Vikings have acquired as an injury replacement this season. es.pn/2dFV1mz
This is not what I meant when I said that the Vikings like to stockpile No 1. Picks. :rofl:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Thaumaturgist wrote: This is not what I meant when I said that the Vikings like to stockpile No 1. Picks. :rofl:

Why is everyone complaining? Matt Kalil, Jake Long two number one picks starting at Oline for us. We need to focus on other parts of our team.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Passed his physical, which is a good thing. Hopefully he can play and stay healthy. And start at LT. And be a damn upgrade and not just more IR fodder. Please put him at LT and make Clemmings backup swing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly