Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How many touches and targets will Cordarrelle Patterson get on offense in week 4?

5%
18%
32%
14%
4+
32%

Total votes: 22

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:There's a nice article about CP at Vikings.com too, with some good quotes from his teammates and Mike Zimmer:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/P ... 713b58f2fb
Thanks for the link, Jim. Great article! I love reading good things about Patterson. :thumbsup:

Man, did Patterson look fast or what as a gunner. Watch the punt again. Patterson takes off like a rocket, then looks up to see where the ball is going, and then turns on the jets again. He almost outran the punt!

I'm overjoyed with Zimmer's quotes about Patterson. Sounds as if Patterson's work ethic is impressing the entire team.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: Thanks for the link, Jim. Great article! I love reading good things about Patterson. :thumbsup:

Man, did Patterson look fast or what as a gunner. Watch the punt again. Patterson takes off like a rocket, then looks up to see where the ball is going, and then turns on the jets again. He almost outran the punt!
That's why I think they need to throw some deep passes his way. The guy has rare speed. He practically flew down the field on that punt.
I'm overjoyed with Zimmer's quotes about Patterson. Sounds as if Patterson's work ethic is impressing the entire team.
It's nice to hear. :)
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Let's also not forget ... this guy is highly likely to take a kickoff to the house at some point. He already has a 61-yard return, and he's as dangerous as anybody in football.

Really happy he's being put into the game plan. It gives our offense another gear, and the fact that he's in there for "normal" plays, as well as gadget plays, gives him a much better chance of being effective. Don't know why he wasn't playing, but I'm sure glad he is now.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Let's also not forget ... this guy is highly likely to take a kickoff to the house at some point. He already has a 61-yard return, and he's as dangerous as anybody in football.

Really happy he's being put into the game plan. It gives our offense another gear, and the fact that he's in there for "normal" plays, as well as gadget plays, gives him a much better chance of being effective. Don't know why he wasn't playing, but I'm sure glad he is now.

Great point. It helps when his mere presence on the field isn't a "tell".
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

His contract this offseason is going to be VERY interesting. I hope they can retain him. Heck, even if he gets big money, I hope they keep him on the ST stuff as well as more time on Offense. The guy is making stuff happen whenever he is on the field.

It is looking increasingly likely that the AP era of Vikings Football is over. There is no way they pay him his contract next season. Barr is going to have to get paid, among a few others.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

mansquatch wrote:His contract this offseason is going to be VERY interesting. I hope they can retain him. Heck, even if he gets big money, I hope they keep him on the ST stuff as well as more time on Offense. The guy is making stuff happen whenever he is on the field.

It is looking increasingly likely that the AP era of Vikings Football is over. There is no way they pay him his contract next season. Barr is going to have to get paid, among a few others.
I've been thinking about the same things. I wish the Vikings already renewed Patterson's contract but they probably wanted to see his output this season first. I hope he remains with the team. He's giving them quality effort and performance with everything he does.

As for Peterson, I believe he's going to have to seriously lower his price to stay on the team (or maybe play with any NFL team). Despite his conditioning and fiery energy, his age works against him. There just is no way around that. I have to admit watching Peterson run has given me some of my most exciting moments as a Vikings fan, so I have mixed feelings about all this.

Barr absolutely needs to remain a Viking!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: I've been thinking about the same things. I wish the Vikings already renewed Patterson's contract but they probably wanted to see his output this season first. I hope he remains with the team. He's giving them quality effort and performance with everything he does.

As for Peterson, I believe he's going to have to seriously lower his price to stay on the team (or maybe play with any NFL team). Despite his conditioning and fiery energy, his age works against him. There just is no way around that. I have to admit watching Peterson run has given me some of my most exciting moments as a Vikings fan, so I have mixed feelings about all this.

Barr absolutely needs to remain a Viking!
I'm sure Barr will remain a Viking. I hope Patterson will too. As for Peterson, I don't think his contract means he's as good as gone or even that it's much of a concern. It was obvious when it was signed that it was being set up as a 2 year deal which would be revisited in the 2017 offseason. As I see it, the issue is not whether Peterson's current contract will be honored but rather whether he and the team will be willing and able to agree to terms on a new deal. I suspect they will, especially with the team trending in a direction that could allow them to become the first team to host the Super Bowl as a home game. :)
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

How do you get better then the #84? Can in you just those 2 guys lighting it up. tho cauuld be be the the the fun season. And then we have Diggs our their too. what a fun Late Nov , late Dec.it could be.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

How do you get better then the #84? Can in you just those 2 guys lighting it up. tho cauuld be be the the the fun season. And then we have Diggs our their too. what a fun Late Nov , late Dec.it could be.
I gotta admit.. Patterson has really fought hard for us this year. I watch the giants game and he really helped us win that game in many ways... go CP...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

jackal wrote: I gotta admit.. Patterson has really fought hard for us this year. I watch the giants game and he really helped us win that game in many ways... go CP...
Patterson has been a bright spot from day one this season. I think the same could be said for Thielen stepping up.

Unfortunately, the Vikings have a horrid offensive line, which has proven itself to be the team's greatest weakness. The lack of blocking is going to adversely affect everything the offense does.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Quick Strike schemes... hmm seems like we have jsut the guy for that type of play calling already on the roster...
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

mansquatch wrote:Quick Strike schemes... hmm seems like we have jsut the guy for that type of play calling already on the roster...
Really? Who? :D
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:How do you get better then the #84? Can in you just those 2 guys lighting it up. tho cauuld be be the the the fun season. And then we have Diggs our their too. what a fun Late Nov , late Dec.it could be.
Huh?
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

losperros wrote: Really? Who? :D
MoBo!!