Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How many touches and targets will Cordarrelle Patterson get on offense in week 4?

5%
18%
32%
14%
4+
32%

Total votes: 22

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

Post by Mothman »

You know the drill. Is this the week they finally get CP truly involved in the offense again?
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I'm going to be a realist, and go with 1 this week. I just don't think it's going to happen.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Thaumaturgist wrote:I'm going to be a realist, and go with 1 this week. I just don't think it's going to happen.
That's how I voted too.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I've kept my hopes up with 2.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

I'm going with 10 targets 8 catches for 187yds and 2TDs.
120yds on kick returns and 1.5 sacks with 2TFL
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Crax wrote:I've kept my hopes up with 2.
I went for two as well. Hoping for at least some increments.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

This is the week.

:smilevike:

4 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

I touch on offense, 1 gunner fumble recovery for a TD, 1 extra point and one order of fries.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I keep saying "3" but it's wishful thinking on my part.

Even if Patterson gets touches it will probably be doing something so obvious it's a tell to the Giants D.

I would like to see the Vikings use Patterson as a WR again.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

3 receptions, (two bubble screens, one crossing route across the middle), and 1 carry.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Texas Vike wrote:This is the week.

:smilevike:

4 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD

I was off on the yards, but without the PI he had a TD.

Very glad to see him targeted more tonight. He also caused that first fumble, which was huge.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Where has CP been the last 2 years? Nice game for him tonight.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I was off on the yards, but without the PI he had a TD.

Very glad to see him targeted more tonight. He also caused that first fumble, which was huge.
It was huge. Between that turnover, his 20 yard catch and run on the subsequent possession and the PI call in the end zone that you mentioned, Patterson was instrumental in helping the Vikes take an early lead. It was nice to see him getting more involved. He made a great catch on 3rd down later in the game too.

One thing I don't understand: when you look at the sheer speed he displays as a gunner and on KO returns, it's hard for me to understand why they don't take some shots to him down the field. CJ came through with a couple of deep catches last night and Bradford can clearly throw an effective deep ball. Why not use a deep shot to Patterson at least once a game to take the top off an opposing defense? It would certainly give them something else to think about rather than assuming if he gets the ball, he'll get it within 10 yards of the line. We hear about him catching deep passes in camp and practice. He's capable of doing it and you can't coach that kind of speed.

I hope his role continues to expand but I'm glad to see him getting more opportunities and making a positive impact on games.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

He had several positive plays. He was instrumental in the punt return fumble as he got there first to pressure the returner. He is looking like one of those guys that where it seems like every time he is around the football something good happens.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote: It was huge. Between that turnover, his 20 yard catch and run on the subsequent possession and the PI call in the end zone that you mentioned, Patterson was instrumental in helping the Vikes take an early lead. It was nice to see him getting more involved. He made a great catch on 3rd down later in the game too.

One thing I don't understand: when you look at the sheer speed he displays as a gunner and on KO returns, it's hard for me to understand why they don't take some shots to him down the field. CJ came through with a couple of deep catches last night and Bradford can clearly throw an effective deep ball. Why not use a deep shot to Patterson at least once a game to take the top off an opposing defense? It would certainly give them something else to think about rather than assuming if he gets the ball, he'll get it within 10 yards of the line. We hear about him catching deep passes in camp and practice. He's capable of doing it and you can't coach that kind of speed.

I hope his role continues to expand but I'm glad to see him getting more opportunities and making a positive impact on games.

I am pretty sure they did that on two plays at least. But the first one, pressure forced a dump off and the second one he tossed it to a wide open intermediate (Rudy?). But on both those plays I thought Patterson was doing a straightline deep