Gameday food thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Gameday food thread

Post by Texas Vike »

halfgiz wrote:Fired the smoker up and smoked 10lbs of wings.

[img Image][/img]

Very nice! What's your method? They look great.

I love grilling/ smoking meats. I very nearly decided to smoke a pork butt today, but the thought occurred to me a bit late. At 6-8 lbs they take some time to thaw out and then they need dry brining... takes some foresight.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Texas Vike wrote:
Smoke them @ 300 when they hit 155 I pull them and crisp them on my gasser. Then I will sauce them in a bowl depending on what sauce and how hot the person wants them. 10lbs makes 2 - 1/2 pans...

Butts don't need brined. I would have just throwed it on frozen and smoked it.
Last edited by halfgiz on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

halfgiz wrote:
Butts don't need brined. I would have just throwed it on frozen and smoked it.

???

May not need it, but they sure are better for it and there's NO way I'd throw one on frozen.

I follow amazingribs.com methods and use Memphis dust as a rub, with dry brining the night before-- I usually share with up to 30 friends and they leave very happy! :P
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Texas Vike wrote:
???

May not need it, but they sure are better for it and there's NO way I'd throw one on frozen.

I follow amazingribs.com methods and use Memphis dust as a rub, with dry brining the night before-- I usually share with up to 30 friends and they leave very happy! :P
When you smoke a lot of butts you buy them by the case frozen. Rub them, throw them on the smoker...they cook up fine.
Is it idea? No but it works.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Halfgiz delivers with the picture! Anyone else feel free to do the same.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: There's a place like that in the town next to where I grew up. It's carry-out only, little more than a kitchen with a counter out front for transactions, but they make the best Mongolian Beef I've ever had!
Funny, this place fits that description pretty much to a tee, there are like two tables, and its usually filled with the owners kids.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I'm just going to eat a salad with some warm milk.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I like big butts...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

halfgiz wrote:Fired the smoker up and smoked 10lbs of wings.

[img Image][/img]
Is that Crow? I know some Packers fans who are having that right now. :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

My buddy had a 14 dollar burger at the stadium and it was super dried and bad :( kinda dissapointing!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

So sad I missed this thread until now!

I smoked up a bunch of wings which were glazed with my homemade sriracha BBQ sauce and served with a greek yogurt blue cheese dip. Also did a Choizo/Mushroom queso dip. Add in some Lagunitas and happy times were had. :)
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Chicken again this week thighs/ split chicken breasts

[img][IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144 ... ge_25.jpeg[/img][/img]
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

MNF = A large portion of Sriracha BBQ wings, blue cheese dip, and a suped up Chili Con Queso. The chili is courtesy of a Fronter Grill Chili Starter. Look it up online and enjoy. In terms of quick chili it can't be beat. Frankly I'd have to do A LOT of work to make better chili than what comes out of that starter. Strongly recommend for game day eats.

Beer will once again be Lagunitas 12th of Never. Man that stuff is good.

Apologize for the lack of originality, but the wing recipe is killing it right now and the fam and I just can't get enough.

This thread needs more posts. I guarantee I'll have a humdinger on Turkey Day when we thrash the kittens.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'll be at work :?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:MNF = A large portion of Sriracha BBQ wings, blue cheese dip, and a suped up Chili Con Queso. The chili is courtesy of a Fronter Grill Chili Starter. Look it up online and enjoy. In terms of quick chili it can't be beat. Frankly I'd have to do A LOT of work to make better chili than what comes out of that starter. Strongly recommend for game day eats.
Bayless is hard to beat. The man knows his Mexican flavors. :)

I haven't tried the chili starters but I use a number of the other Frontera products. The seasoning sauces are great for tacos. That's the direction I'm leaning for Monday's game: steak tacos. However, I might get some pork and use the Frontera Garlic Pork Carnitas Slow Cook Sauce to make carnitas. I have a packet of it here and it's nice to use the slow-cooker for night games. Smelling the food cooking all day creates even more anticipation for the game!