Week 2 Gameday Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Week 2 Gameday Thread

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Hes better than anything we have had since Favre or Culpepper.
Considerably better. It's not just about stats. They're a useful measurement that only goes so far.

I think it's a misunderstanding of what Flacco has brought to the Ravens to suggest he was rewarded for just one season's performance that resulted in a Super Bowl win. The timing of that worked out well for him but they've had just one losing season with him as their QB and they've made the postseason in most of the others. The Ravens could have easily gone to back-to-back Super Bowls if Lee Evans hadn't dropped a perfectly-thrown TD pass from Flacco near the end of the 2012 AFC Championship game against the Patriots.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: Considerably better. It's not just about stats. They're a useful measurement that only goes so far.

I think it's a misunderstanding of what Flacco has brought to the Ravens to suggest he was rewarded for just one season's performance that resulted in a Super Bowl win. The timing of that worked out well for him but they've had just one losing season with him as their QB and they've made the postseason in most of the others. The Ravens could have easily gone to back-to-back Super Bowls if Lee Evans hadn't dropped a perfectly-thrown TD pass from Flacco near the end of the 2012 AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

He has also brought them to another AFCC Game against Pittsburgh.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He has also brought them to another AFCC Game against Pittsburgh.
Right. I think he's played in 3 so far.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Danny Woodhead carted off today. SD and IND are both having major injury problems!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Boon wrote:Flacco isn't that good. His stats are mediocre. He has an arm but he managed to sucker the team out of all that cash based on one hot streak that came on at the right time. Other than that he's pretty pedestrian
I agree Flacco isn't that good. He is better than what we had lately also I think if someone like Ben Roethlisberger healthy would of taken the Ravens to the superbowl for 4 straight years.