View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Week 2 Gameday Thread 
Defensive Tackle

Post Week 2 Gameday Thread
The Browns are up big on the Ravens early. I didn't see that coming. They were leading 20-2 the last time I looked.

Garoppolo has already thrown 3 Td passes and the Pats are manhandling Miami. At this rate, Jimmy G will have more TD passes than the 2015 Vikings before Brady comes back.

Meanwhile, the Giants and Saints, 2 teams that combined for a zillion yards and points in one game last year are tied at 0:

You never know what NFL Sunday will bring...

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:03 pm
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Week 2 Gameday Thread
Oh no! I jinxed Jimmy.

Jimmy Garoppolo questionable with shoulder injury

Edit:

Just saw this on Twitter:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@SportsTalkJoe
It's now official, the #Patriots Jimmy Garoppolo has suffered a broken collarbone.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:23 pm
Defensive Tackle

After less than two full games in 2016, Mike Wallace already has more TD catches than he had as a Viking.

Sigh.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:04 pm
Packers Suck

Great game with Titans and Lions, but the replay booth missed a HUGE fumble on Stafford getting sacked, they thought he was down but he wasn't and it never got reviewed because it is under 2 minutes.

Last edited by Jordysghost on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:12 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pete morelli at it again, how that dude is still a ref is mind boggling

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 pm
Packers Suck

Boon wrote:
Pete morelli at it again, how that dude is still a ref is mind boggling

Which game did he call?

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Bengals Steelers. Horrible review at the end

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:26 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Lewis missed a challenge too but at the end dude clearly had a knee down as he was going down. Announcers said it was a down ball, old ref said he was down, morelli said it was a fumble

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:28 pm
Franchise Player

Suprised that bengals didnt challenge that TD. Also, bad non reversal at the end.

I just like that the "crappy" titans team thay the vikings beat went into detroit and beat them. While the "awesome" jaguars team that the packers barely squeeked by is getting stomped by the lowly chargers.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:19 pm
Transition Player

Mothman wrote:
After less than two full games in 2016, Mike Wallace already has more TD catches than he had as a Viking.

Sigh.

Ravens have a better QB that can throw the ball accurate the the field. I'm not surprised. at all.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:58 pm
Defensive Tackle

FullWood wrote:
Ravens have a better QB that can throw the ball accurate the the field. I'm not surprised. at all.

Sadly, I'm not either.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:00 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Flacco isn't that good. His stats are mediocre. He has an arm but he managed to sucker the team out of all that cash based on one hot streak that came on at the right time. Other than that he's pretty pedestrian

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:03 pm
Packers Suck

Grashopa wrote:
Suprised that bengals didnt challenge that TD. Also, bad non reversal at the end.

I just like that the "crappy" titans team thay the vikings beat went into detroit and beat them. While the "awesome" jaguars team that the packers barely squeeked by is getting stomped by the lowly chargers.

Its week 2, early NFL is crazy, besides, transitive property doesn't work in the NFL.

But keep in mind, it was 112 degrees in week 1.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:15 pm
Franchise Player

Jordysghost wrote:
Grashopa wrote:

Its week 2, early NFL is crazy, besides, transitive property doesn't work in the NFL.

But keep in mind, it was 112 degrees in week 1.

Youve been using it all week... but it doesnt matter. All the analysts and 80% of the country have picked the packers to win. So we will see what happens.

Side note. If this is "our year" (same goes for the packers) its going to be a tough one. A lot of very good dominate teams in both conferences. Going to be a tough road for both super bowl teams this year.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:21 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Boon wrote:
Flacco isn't that good. His stats are mediocre. He has an arm but he managed to sucker the team out of all that cash based on one hot streak that came on at the right time. Other than that he's pretty pedestrian

Hes better than anything we have had since Favre or Culpepper.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Boon wrote:

Considerably better. It's not just about stats. They're a useful measurement that only goes so far.

I think it's a misunderstanding of what Flacco has brought to the Ravens to suggest he was rewarded for just one season's performance that resulted in a Super Bowl win. The timing of that worked out well for him but they've had just one losing season with him as their QB and they've made the postseason in most of the others. The Ravens could have easily gone to back-to-back Super Bowls if Lee Evans hadn't dropped a perfectly-thrown TD pass from Flacco near the end of the 2012 AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:36 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Boon wrote:

Considerably better. It's not just about stats. They're a useful measurement that only goes so far.

I think it's a misunderstanding of what Flacco has brought to the Ravens to suggest he was rewarded for just one season's performance that resulted in a Super Bowl win. The timing of that worked out well for him but they've had just one losing season with him as their QB and they've made the postseason in most of the others. The Ravens could have easily gone to back-to-back Super Bowls if Lee Evans hadn't dropped a perfectly-thrown TD pass from Flacco near the end of the 2012 AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

He has also brought them to another AFCC Game against Pittsburgh.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
He has also brought them to another AFCC Game against Pittsburgh.

Right. I think he's played in 3 so far.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Danny Woodhead carted off today. SD and IND are both having major injury problems!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player

Boon wrote:

I agree Flacco isn't that good. He is better than what we had lately also I think if someone like Ben Roethlisberger healthy would of taken the Ravens to the superbowl for 4 straight years.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]