View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Jordysghost and Jackal bet. 
Packers Suck

Post Jordysghost and Jackal bet.
Jackal, please come here and restate the terms of your bet.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:08 pm
Packers Suck

Post Re: Jordysghost and Jackal bet.
Im more then willing to take your bet, I just want the terms to be consolidated here.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:26 pm
Strong Safety

The wager cost permanent banishment from VMB

Jackal says Green Bay is in decline and wont advance to the NFC Championship game
and will maybe win one game against a bottom rung team

If Green Bay does not beat a quality team and loses against the first good team Seattle, Panthers
Arizona type team. Jordysghost leave VMB and can never return

If Green Bay wins a "real" game in the playoffs and makes the championship game Jackal
leaves VMB forever.. with that awesome defense and better than Teddy back up that
Green Bay has they should win every game by a landslide...

that's the bet...

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:27 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
The wager cost permanent banishment from VMB

Jackal says Green Bay is in decline and wont advance to the NFC Championship game
and will maybe win one game against a bottom rung team

If Green Bay does not beat a quality team and loses against the first good team Seattle, Panthers
Arizona type team. Jordysghost leave VMB and can never return

If Green Bay wins a "real" game in the playoffs and makes the championship game Jackal
leaves VMB forever.. with that awesome defense and better than Teddy back up that
Green Bay has they should win every game by a landslide...

that's the bet...

Ok, Ill take it, but BEFORE we make it an official thing here..

Why are the Vikings completely irrelevant to this bet? Given the way the topic arose it doesn't seem very sensible.

If your team really is good enough to compete with any consistancy against the Packers, why are they absent from the bet? Would you be willing to factor in their playoff success this year into the bet? Or maybe the head to head matchups? Maybe a side bet involving such a thing would be appropriate?

Also, what constitutes a 'real' playoff team? Any win in the divisional round, imo, would qualify.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:33 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
If your team really is good enough to compete with any consistancy against the Packers, why are they absent from the bet? Would you be willing to factor in their playoff success this year into the bet? Or maybe the head to head matchups? Maybe a side bet involving such a thing would be appropriate?

Also, what constitutes a 'real' playoff team? Any win in the divisional round, imo, would qualify.

dude, they just lost their QB ten days before the season and might have to play Shaun Hill as a starter .. child please....

What I just stated a good quality team like Seattle, Panthers or Arizona (last season) not a weak NFC east type team with
a 500 win percentage...

If Teddy where healthy .. which might never be the case again... I would go straight up...
but I am not sure Bradford can get the offense down or stay healthy... and to be honest I am
not sure Rodgers stays healthy with that OL .. I have already adjusted my Vikings wins for the
year since Teddy went down.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:42 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:

dude, they just lost their QB ten days before the season and might have to play Shaun Hill as a starter .. child please....

What I just stated a good quality team like Seattle, Panthers or Arizona (last season) not a weak NFC east type team with
a 500 win percentage...

If Teddy where healthy .. which might never be the case again... I would go straight up...
but I am not sure Bradford can get the offense down or stay healthy... and to be honest I am
not sure Rodgers stays healthy with that OL .. I have already adjusted my Vikings wins for the
year since Teddy went down.

Teddy sucks compared to Bradford so it seems like your making a weak excuse, I've even seen you state on here that Bradford is an improvement over Bridgewater so what the reluctance to back up your mouth for?
Bradford improves you, not weakens you.

If it became clear that Bradford was more then obviously an upgrade from Bridgewater (Clearer then it already is) during the season, would you put your team where your mouth is and let them back up that two megaton haul of #### you have been talking? :)

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:46 pm
Strong Safety

Hey with that fricking awesome Defense you have and Great depth you go on and on about
you should run over teams and win playoff games easily...

I thought you were a lot of talk and it looks like I am right, pathetic...

I am just giving you a chance to back up your talk, is all..

don't take the Bet or make excuses ...When push comes to shove
little girly boys whine and won't back up their talk. Real men
back up their talk and don't whine win or lose. I think your the first
kinda person, in a big way.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:55 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Hey with that fricking awesome Defense you have and Great depth you go on and on about
you should run over teams and win playoff games easily...

I thought you were a lot of talk and it looks like I am right, pathetic...

I am just giving you a chance to back up your talk, is all..

don't take the Bet or make excuses ...When push comes to shove
little girly boys whine and won't back up their talk. Real men
back up their talk and don't whine win or lose. I think your the first
kinda person, in a big way.

First off, I never said I wasn't going to take the bet, I am, Im just asking you why you don't want to back up your talk about how the Vikings are a contender who can make a consistent competitor to the Packers for the division, and ironically enough you lapse into some silly little tirade of 'Girly boys' who won't back up their talk. :lol:

So im asking you, girly boy, ill back up my talk, why won't you?

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:59 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
So im asking you, girly boy, ill back up my talk, why won't you?

you know why Teddy got hurt ten days ago .. I don't think the Vikings will get past a wild card, even with
a good defense and a lot of heart.. its a passing League and the Vikings don't have a proven passer..

a lot of the experts even after the bradford move .. agree with me...

Do you accept the terms of my bet or not.. ? you said GB defense was top notch and anyone
with half a brain knows Rodgers is great... In fact you have been talking for months about GB
this and GB that...If GB has all these great things .. you should take the bet in a minute

If you accept the Bet then type it out in your post that you agree with
the terms GB gets into the NFC championship game or you you leave the board.
If Green Bay does well and beats quality teams advances deep I leave the Board.
with all the claims you have made in last six months.. it seems fair

Last edited by jackal on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:12 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
you know why Teddy got hurt ten days ago .. I don't think the Vikings will get past a wild card, even with
a good defense and a lot of heart.. its a passing League and the Vikings don't have a proven passer..

a lot of the experts even after the bradford move .. agree with me...

Do you accept the terms of my bet or not.. ? you said GB defense was top notch and anyone
with half a brain knows Rodgers is great... In fact you have been talking for months about GB
this and GB that...If GB has all these great things .. you should take the bet in a minute

What does it matter that 'You don't have a proven passer'? Bridgewater was WAY farther from a proven passer then Bradford and that didn't stop you from talking a wheelbarrow worth of #### prior to his injury. If you won't bet because you 'Dont have a proven passer' then why even mention Bridgewater's injury as an excuse? He is less proven then Bradford! If you won't back up your #### because 'It is a passing league and we don't have a passer', then why did you talk #### in the first place? Bridgewater is even worse then Bradford so that make absolutely no sense.

Your using Bridgewaters injury as an excuse on why you shouldn't have to back up your talk, but it is absolutely senseless being that Bradford is both better, and more of a 'proven passer' then Bridgewater, again, not having a 'proven passer' didn't stop you from talking all that good #### prior to his injury? Your just blatantly pussing out and admitting your not willing to put a bet on the #### you talked.

Ill back up my bravado, why won't you?

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:23 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:

The Bet is my bravado, genius .... look up bravado in the dictionary

take the bet or be a coward ... I am just asking you to back up all of your
Green Bay talk.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:33 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:

The Bet is my bravado, genius .... look up bravado in the dictionary

take the bet or be a coward ... I am just asking you to back up all of your
Green Bay talk.

While you offering this bet certainly fits the definition bravado, so does ever bit of #### we have talked in regards to our teams, so Im not really sure what point this inane comment of yours is meant to serve.

Ill take your bet, im a hundred percent confident, but before its official, I just want your honest answer, why aren't you willing to make a bet as to whether or not the Vikings can back up all the #### you have been talking? Why am I going to do this but you aren't?

'We don't have a proven passer' isn't an excuse because you talked all of said #### when you had a worse QB starting, seriously, if you don't think your team can back up the #### you talked just admit it, it is obvious anyway, it won't affect me taking your bet one bit.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
'We don't have a proven passer' isn't an excuse because you talked all of said #### when you had a worse QB starting, seriously, if you don't think your team can back up the #### you talked just admit it, it is obvious anyway, it won't affect me taking your bet one bit.

I am actually very real about the Vikings .. I got a ton of grief my Patterson comments for years
and now that he has admitted he was screwing off.. most of the vikings fans here have not admitted
they were wrong. I actually posted I had little to hope for this season in the teddy down thread.
Bradford might do great for us, but we might be too far in the season before that happens we might
three or four games down with Hill or Stave(much worse...) not to mention the retard backup QB
kicking a door and breaking his foot right before Teddy goes down.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:48 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:

I am actually very real about the Vikings .. I got a ton of grief my Patterson comments for years
and now that he has admitted he was screwing off.. most of the vikings fans here have not admitted
they were wrong. I actually posted I had little to hope for this season in the teddy down thread.
Bradford might do great for us, but we might be too far in the season before that happens we might
three or four games down with Hill or Stave(much worse...) not to mention the retard backup QB
kicking a door and breaking his foot right before Teddy goes down.

You won't be more then 1 game into the season by the time Bradford comes in, and Bradford learning the playbook is still better then Teddy who already knows it, but ill compromise with you, just to sweeten the pot, the Packers will sweep the Vikings and I pick your sig (until the end of our main bet), if the Vikes beat the Packers even once this season, you pick my sig (Likewise until the completion of our main bet), nothing ridiculous or gay (For either of us).

As to our main bet? I get an in injury clause in case of something happening to Rodgers, or 10 starters being put on IR. Also, should the team beaten in the playoff be 10-6 or higher that is considered 'real' should they be 9-7 or lower, it will depend on who they defeated in the wildcard round whether or not they are considered a 'real' playoff team by your standard. (E.G the Redskins make playoffs at 9-7 but beat the Seahawks in the wild card round to advance to the divisional round.)

Deal?

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:57 pm
Strong Safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:46 pm
Packers Suck

Do you not realize im telling you ill accept your bet, but just want to know if youll accept mine? One of us is being a little 'girly boy' :lol:who won't back up his #### talk, and its not me.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:03 am
Packers Suck

Well? Comon, you really going to tell me to back up my #### talk, and not do the same?

I accept your bet, as long as there is an out clause, one involving an injury to Rodgers that last into or happens during a playoff game, or causes him to miss 7 games or more, and one involving 10 or more Packers starters being IRed, I think that seems reasonable enough.

Do you accept my bet? Should Bradford recieve an injury that keeps him out of either game Ill consider it null, Packers sweep Vikes I pick your sig until the divisional round, Vikings win either one of those games and you pick mine until divisional round. Sound fair?

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:06 am
Defensive Tackle

Maybe you guys should just virtually shake hands, forget about making a big bet, enjoy the season (whatever it may bring) and stay on the board.

Smack talk can be fun but when it gets too confrontational, it's just bad news for everybody.

I'm not saying this as a moderator... I just rather see people making friends than becoming adversaries.

If you need to bet, why not just bet a groupon for a hamburger or something?

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:04 am
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Maybe you guys should just virtually shake hands, forget about making a big bet, enjoy the season (whatever it may bring) and stay on the board.

Smack talk can be fun but when it gets too confrontational, it's just bad news for everybody.

I'm not saying this as a moderator... I just rather see people making friends than becoming adversaries.

I thought the stakes were a bit over the top but hey, he suggested it, so why not? :)

I'd be more then willing to take it back a little bit, if Jackal agrees, but otherwise I'm pretty confident.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:09 am
Packers Suck

But jee Mothman, you kind of just went and made me feel a bit juvinile and silly. :)

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:11 am
Commissioner

Mothman wrote:

Yeah. Or a milkshake at the local soda fountain. Or a sarsaparilla while listening to 45s.

Sorry Jim, I couldn't help myself.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:54 am
Packers Suck

Its ok regardless, its pretty clear Jackal isn't willing to bet on his own bravado, I accept his bet, offer him my own and nothin but *crickets* :)

Are we done here Jackal? Ill take your silence as a yea.

If you ever feel like making either of these bets just let me know, anytime my brotha.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:51 pm
Fenrir

We had a few guys bet avatars. Basically loser changes his avatar to whatever winner chooses for x amount of time. Food for thought if you want to take it down a notch.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:52 am
Packers Suck

An avatar or sig bet is more my speed, but im not one to back down in regards to a bet.

Honestly I like Jackal more then to want him off the board anyway, if I won, i'd have probably let it slide anyway.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 am
Defensive Tackle

S197 wrote:
We had a few guys bet avatars. Basically loser changes his avatar to whatever winner chooses for x amount of time. Food for thought if you want to take it down a notch.

That's a good idea.

However, thanks to Dead-poet, now I think the bet should be for a milkshake.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:22 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:

That's a good idea.

However, thanks to Dead-poet, now I think the bet should be for a milkshake.

Milkshake!!

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

We can also change your "tag" on the site. Jordy is a "Career Elite Player" right now, for example, and he could be <insert whatever here>.

Keep it friendly though, no need for either of you to leave forever :wink:

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 pm
Packers Suck

Hey Jackal, now that you pussed out of your own bet, are you going to change your moronic signature? :lol:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:33 pm
Packers Suck

See jackal? You see what pussing out of your own bet gets you? Had you nutted up and taken the bet i offered youd have control of my sig until the divisional rou d of the playoffs at the least. :thumbsup:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]