GB insanity? or unknown backstory?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

GB insanity? or unknown backstory?

Post by chicagopurple »

I still cannot understand how GB let Sitton go.....not only did they get rid of a ProBowl Lineman, they did it after a year where they allowed a ton of QB pressure. Sitton was NOT the weak link on that OL. They dont have any new rookies that look like an upgrade from Sitton. Moreover, both the Bears and the Vikes biggest weakness is their OLs....By dropping him they got nothing in return and strengthened their divisional opponents in the WORST way possible! I have got to think there was more to this then we know. Perhaps a bad medical report that they KNEW would come up in a trade scenario? Perhaps bad blood between him and management?? Or maybe he slept with the GMs wife? Daughter?/ In a hot tub.....Something more has to be behind this......just sucks that the Bears got him rather then the Vikes......the GB Front Office has always been pretty smart. This doesnt fit their MO.....and it pissed off a number of their players......really odd.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: GB insanity? or unknown backstory?

Post by jackal »

I don't question it at all.. I hope Packers dump Jordy Nelson this week.. slacker

Here is hoping Linval Joseph and company sack Rodgers about 15 times, each time we meet this season ....

I would be fine with the Packers having about, fifty years of basement NFL experience... :govikes:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Oh, I am all for chronic Packer screw ups....I just dont expect it of them.....I keep thinking its some kinda Trojan Horse story....."Go ahead, Chicago, take our top OL guy, free, really........"
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pack ... osh-sitton

Something seemed to go on beyond what we see from the outside.
They'll find some pasty white guy to take over who turns red in the cold and does a solid job. :confused:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

chicagopurple wrote:I still cannot understand how GB let Sitton go.....not only did they get rid of a ProBowl Lineman, they did it after a year where they allowed a ton of QB pressure. Sitton was NOT the weak link on that OL. They dont have any new rookies that look like an upgrade from Sitton. Moreover, both the Bears and the Vikes biggest weakness is their OLs....By dropping him they got nothing in return and strengthened their divisional opponents in the WORST way possible! I have got to think there was more to this then we know. Perhaps a bad medical report that they KNEW would come up in a trade scenario? Perhaps bad blood between him and management?? Or maybe he slept with the GMs wife? Daughter?/ In a hot tub.....Something more has to be behind this......just sucks that the Bears got him rather then the Vikes......the GB Front Office has always been pretty smart. This doesnt fit their MO.....and it pissed off a number of their players......really odd.
We save money, and I think McCarthy's comments about 'Putting certain positions ahead of others' Is telling. (Bahktiari, Tretter and Lang are both FA's after this year) We have been grooming Lane Taylor, and when Corey Linsley comes back we could very easily slide Tretter out to LG and be set.

The Packers O line only gave up pressure after 3 of the starters were down with injuries, the starting O line when together had picked up where they left off in 2014 and was one of the best in the league.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

chicagopurple wrote:Oh, I am all for chronic Packer screw ups....I just dont expect it of them.....I keep thinking its some kinda Trojan Horse story....."Go ahead, Chicago, take our top OL guy, free, really........"
You saying it is a screw up doesn't make it so, he was a FA after this year regardless.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:I don't question it at all.. I hope Packers dump Jordy Nelson this week.. slacker

Here is hoping Linval Joseph and company sack Rodgers about 15 times, each time we meet this season ....

I would be fine with the Packers having about, fifty years of basement NFL experience... :govikes:
Getting rid of Nelson wouldn't even be in the same stratosphere as getting rid of Sitton.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Your missing the point ..a firebug just wants to
see it burn ..he does not care what starts it..
other than injuries ..truly bad things ...mimicking
BEAVIS ... FIRE ...FIRE..Ha ha
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote:http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pack ... osh-sitton

Something seemed to go on beyond what we see from the outside.
They'll find some pasty white guy to take over who turns red in the cold and does a solid job. :confused:
:rofl:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I can hear the play call already. "Anthony Barr on the A gap Blitz sacks Rodgers for the 3rd time!" :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:I can hear the play call already. "Anthony Barr on the A gap Blitz sacks Rodgers for the 3rd time!" :D
Keep dreaming.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Keep dreaming.
Find out in less than two weeks ...