Rate my team 2016!

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
thatoneguy
Backup
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by thatoneguy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:18 am

PurpleHalo wrote: Thats pretty strong, drop Forsett for Tevin Coleman, word is they want Coleman to have the job in Atlanta.
My plan was to draft Coleman in the 14th round but he was taken about 2 spots before my pick. I still feel like I'm deep enough if someone gets injured or Coleman starts taking over to be able to fill in and be a strong team.
0 x
"This team makes me drink" - Any Minnesota sports fan

User avatar
thatoneguy
Backup
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by thatoneguy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:19 am

PurpleHalo wrote:Okay heres my 12 team $100 buy in. Yahoo ranked me as draft winner with an A grade.

QB- Blake Bortles
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Amari Cooper
WR- Donte Moncreif
RB- LeSean McCoy
RB- Melvin Gordon
TE- Martellus Bennett
K- Chandler Catanzaro
DEF- Vikings

Bench

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- John Brown
WR- Laquon Treadwell
RB- Arian Foster
TE- Eric Ebron
DEF- Cincinnati

I was shocked in such a savvy league, John Brown lasted until the 8th round, 3 rounds after his teammate Michael Floyd. Or that I snatched TE Bennett in round 11.
Man that's a really good draft. I'm not 100% sold on M. Gordon so the RB's may be a little weak IMO, but if he pans out you could be unstoppable.
0 x
"This team makes me drink" - Any Minnesota sports fan

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:10 pm

thatoneguy wrote: Man that's a really good draft. I'm not 100% sold on M. Gordon so the RB's may be a little weak IMO, but if he pans out you could be unstoppable.
If Gordon doesn't pan out, Foster was named the starter in Miami.
0 x
This space available for rent.

beerfan
Backup
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by beerfan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:12 pm

PurpleHalo wrote: If Gordon doesn't pan out, Foster was named the starter in Miami.
With your WR core and RBs you should be a playoff team barring injuries. Not a big fan of what you did at other positions though.

At QB I'm fine with Stafford if you got him late enough, but Bortles is due for some regression due to the Jaguars having a better running game and defense. He fed in garbage time last year. You could've just rolled with Stafford and then picked a QB off waivers if he has a tough matchup.

You also shouldnt need more than one defense or TE for the same reason. Would've been better off using those three roster spots on a few high upside flyers. If they didn't pan out you can always drop them.

Also there was a reason both John Brown and Martellus Bennett were available when they were. The Cardinals have too many other mouths to feed on offense so John Brown will have a few big weeks but will be very inconsistent. Hopefully his big weeks are on the weeks where you need him for a bye week fill in. Also TE is so deep this year and I think there are plenty of options at TE better than Martellus. Just have trouble buying into him because he's a number 2 TE, He still will be on the field a good amount, but I'd rather have a guy like Jared Cook who I know is gonna be on the field the majority of the time.

Not surprised your Yahoo draft grade was an A because you probably got guys like Bennett, Brown, and Bottles much lower than they were ranked, but that's just because they are overranked on Yahoo. I'd give you a B- just because those starting WRs and McCoy together is a really good core in a 12 man league.
0 x

beerfan
Backup
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by beerfan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

PurpleHalo wrote: Dez might be a target monster this year, as Dak may lock onto him. Not a fan of TY in ppr, rather have Moncrief. Not a bad team tho, Tyrod is Cam Newton lite. Is McKinnon available? If so dump Forsett for him. Bradford new to the offense, and a bad line, might lend itself to quick passes to RBs in certain games.
Totally reviewed someone else's team and quoted your post, so I had to edit my post... It was a long labor day weekend.

I really like your team, especially your strategy late in the draft. You got some high upside guys and if any of them pan out your depth will be solid. Agree with most of the previous asessments, but I actually like your QB situation. Dalton is really underrated, he was one of the top QBs until he got hurt last year.
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24614
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by dead_poet » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:22 pm

And here's my big money league that just finished drafting. I'm pretty happy with it overall. 10-team PPR.

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Thomas Rawls
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: OBJ
WR: Hopkins
RB/WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Ertz
D: Texans
K: Santos

Bench: Dalton, Spencer Ware, Moncrief, Michael Floyd, Eifert, Woodhead, Sims, Booker, Forsett.

I just missed out on Christine Michael and Mckinnon, so I was pretty peeved about that. And I got sniped with Rivers taken just before my pick but I still got Eli. Not thrilled with him but he can produce weekly QB1 numbers with regularity. I'm also OK with Dalton late as a backup. I was weakest at RB, so I loaded up on some guys with upside. Only problem there is both of my starters have a week 5 bye. That might hurt. I'm betting pretty heavily on Ertz, who did well at the end of last season and whom I hope Wentz locks on a lot as a rookie. Being PPR, I feel pretty great with my WRs, though, and if needed I might be able to flip one or two.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11452
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by S197 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:29 pm

My first auction style fantasy draft. I thought some of the big names went for way too much so I didn't pull the trigger, I also tried to bid guys up, which worked for the most part. Still, I didn't have enough money at the end and missed out on some cheap pickups. 14-team standard scoring.

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Devonta Freeman
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Torrey Smith
WR: Tyler Locket
TE: Julius Thomas
Flex: Jonathan Stewart
D: Vikings
K: McManus

Bench: Roethlisberger, Kevin White, Tim Hightower, Tevin Coleman, Marcus Wheaton, Packers D

Hopefully Kevin White lives up to his 1st round pick. I'm debating if I should keep Hightower. I wanted Blount or Terrance West but was outbid due to lack of funds.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:05 pm

dead_poet wrote:And here's my big money league that just finished drafting. I'm pretty happy with it overall. 10-team PPR.

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Thomas Rawls
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: OBJ
WR: Hopkins
RB/WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Ertz
D: Texans
K: Santos

Bench: Dalton, Spencer Ware, Moncrief, Michael Floyd, Eifert, Woodhead, Sims, Booker, Forsett.

I just missed out on Christine Michael and Mckinnon, so I was pretty peeved about that. And I got sniped with Rivers taken just before my pick but I still got Eli. Not thrilled with him but he can produce weekly QB1 numbers with regularity. I'm also OK with Dalton late as a backup. I was weakest at RB, so I loaded up on some guys with upside. Only problem there is both of my starters have a week 5 bye. That might hurt. I'm betting pretty heavily on Ertz, who did well at the end of last season and whom I hope Wentz locks on a lot as a rookie. Being PPR, I feel pretty great with my WRs, though, and if needed I might be able to flip one or two.

Holy crap, your WRs are gonna rake in ppr. I'm guessing you went WR 1,2,3?
0 x
This space available for rent.

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:09 pm

S197 wrote:My first auction style fantasy draft. I thought some of the big names went for way too much so I didn't pull the trigger, I also tried to bid guys up, which worked for the most part. Still, I didn't have enough money at the end and missed out on some cheap pickups. 14-team standard scoring.

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Devonta Freeman
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Torrey Smith
WR: Tyler Locket
TE: Julius Thomas
Flex: Jonathan Stewart
D: Vikings
K: McManus

Bench: Roethlisberger, Kevin White, Tim Hightower, Tevin Coleman, Marcus Wheaton, Packers D

Hopefully Kevin White lives up to his 1st round pick. I'm debating if I should keep Hightower. I wanted Blount or Terrance West but was outbid due to lack of funds.
Must be rookie auction mistake. I have never tried auction. WRs are iffy, butyour RBs could pick up slack. Having Luck wont hurt, thats for sure. Good luck.
0 x
This space available for rent.

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11452
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by S197 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:47 pm

PurpleHalo wrote: Must be rookie auction mistake. I have never tried auction. WRs are iffy, butyour RBs could pick up slack. Having Luck wont hurt, thats for sure. Good luck.
Yeah I didn't have much of a strategy other than to try and get some moderately priced guys (~$30, our total allotment was $200) rather than drop $60-$70 on one big superstar. That, and I was trying to bid people up on guys I didn't want. What I didn't realize is how many guys are left at the end that you can get for under $5.

It's actually now my preferred draft method as it's totally fair but there's definitely a lot more strategy that goes into it.
0 x

beerfan
Backup
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by beerfan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:01 pm

S197 wrote: Yeah I didn't have much of a strategy other than to try and get some moderately priced guys (~$30, our total allotment was $200) rather than drop $60-$70 on one big superstar. That, and I was trying to bid people up on guys I didn't want. What I didn't realize is how many guys are left at the end that you can get for under $5.

It's actually now my preferred draft method as it's totally fair but there's definitely a lot more strategy that goes into it.
I wouldn't worry about your WRs being weak considering its standard scoring. Also in a 14 team league it is much more difficult to get high end talent, especially for a reasonable price in an auction draft. If guys like Stewart, Charles, and Luck pan out you should have a real good team.
0 x