Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by halfgiz »

Chase Ford released by the Browns. I guess with all them draft picks from the Eagles they are going another direction now.

Panthers kind of got Norman. After most of FA is over and most teams have spent their money. Rescind your offer and release him. Don't know why he just didn't sign the tag and take the 14 million.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

What's your thoughts on Redskins signing Norman?
Personally feel it's to much money. But the Gaints Redskins games should be interesting. :mrgreen:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Redskins signed CB Josh Norman to a five-year, $75 million contract.

The Saints made a late push for Norman, but Washington was willing to meet his asking price. Norman's deal includes $50 million guaranteed, and his $15 million AAV makes him the highest paid corner in the league.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Redskins signed CB Josh Norman to a five-year, $75 million contract.

The Saints made a late push for Norman, but Washington was willing to meet his asking price. Norman's deal includes $50 million guaranteed, and his $15 million AAV makes him the highest paid corner in the league.

Good grief.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sam Bradford requested a trade. Eagles want him to start/be a bridge quarterback.
Prominent NFL source: Broncos reached out to PHI re: Bradford. Unable to confirm w/ team but NFL source: PHI asking price too high. #9news
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Sam Bradford requested a trade. Eagles want him to start/be a bridge quarterback.
I cannot say for certain what exactly I would do in that position, but part of me wants to say I would honor my contract. If nothing else, play for a year and then request a trade. The only reason I can see him requesting a trade now is that he knows a team wants him to be their unconditional starter.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I cannot say for certain what exactly I would do in that position, but part of me wants to say I would honor my contract. If nothing else, play for a year and then request a trade. The only reason I can see him requesting a trade now is that he knows a team wants him to be their unconditional starter.
Honestly that is just the NFL teams are always looking to improve. I don't think Bradford has
has a lot of options moving forward. I think the best for him is to play great and then the rookie
will sit a year or two. I don't think Bradford can stay healthy that long, anyways.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Colts signed QB Andrew Luck to a new six-year, $140 million contract through 2021.

This deal resets the top of the quarterback market and contains a record-setting $87 million guaranteed. Luck was entering the final year of his rookie contract. Despite missing half of last season and struggling for large chunks of the eight games he was in there, Luck deserves every penny.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sitton signs with Chicago
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bengals cut 2015 99th overall pick LB Paul Dawson
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I would gladly take Paul Dawson... Makes finding a post-Greenway replacement easier.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I would gladly take Paul Dawson... Makes finding a post-Greenway replacement easier.
It's interesting he was cut so quickly. Doesn't bode well. Weird. Was he that bad last year?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:The Bears released Robbie Gould. :shock:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/articl ... 071679a52f
This is probably the shock of the season so far, for me. I read they have no option for replacement yet.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018