Jody Nelson on pup

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Jody Nelson on pup

Post by jackal »

Jody Nelson tops the six Packers
starting on the pup list for Green Bay.

The Packers start the regular season
with back to back road games. JAX and
Minnesota on the road. Losing games
early could be costly in the division.

Another key Green Bay player Clay Matthews
starts the season with an investigation into PED
usage. Green Bay also has to deal with the return
of a extremely overweight running back and his
contract next season.

A lot questions to start a season .
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Jody Nelson on pup

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:Jody Nelson tops the six Packers
starting on the pup list for Green Bay.

The Packers start the regular season
with back to back road games. JAX and
Minnesota on the road. Losing games
early could be costly in the division.

Another key Green Bay player Clay Matthews
starts the season with an investigation into PED
usage. Green Bay also has to deal with the return
of a extremely overweight running back and his
contract next season.

A lot questions to start a season .
That 'extremely overweight' (A grand exaggeration) RB not only averaged 4.1 ypc lat year, but also has been working out with his personal trainer, Tony Horton both recently and earlier in the season, from off season photos alone he already seems to have hit the correct weight limit.

Jordy Nelson on the pup list is no great surprise, the Packers are going to play his injury as cautiously as humanly possible, he will be back by week 1 though barring any setbacks, of that I assure you.

Its not about how you start, its how you finish, im not concerned as long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I bet that weight issue was 40 pounds
above his normal playing weight. Maybe
in Green Bay that's a winter coat.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:I bet that weight issue was 40 pounds
above his normal playing weight. Maybe
in Green Bay that's a winter coat.
I seriously doubt he would average 4.1 ypc 40 pounds above playing weight, if he pulled that off then im confident playing at his normal weight he will be a HOFer.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: That 'extremely overweight' (A grand exaggeration) RB not only averaged 4.1 ypc lat year, but also has been working out with his personal trainer, Tony Horton both recently and earlier in the season, from off season photos alone he already seems to have hit the correct weight limit.

Jordy Nelson on the pup list is no great surprise, the Packers are going to play his injury as cautiously as humanly possible, he will be back by week 1 though barring any setbacks, of that I assure you.

Its not about how you start, its how you finish, im not concerned as long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy.
Jordy, what did you make of the revelation that Aaron is estranged from his family? I just thought he looked haggard as hell lest year, and I think his personal/family life is a mess. Total speculation, based on those two data points, but what if if last year's Aaron had more to do with circumstances off the field than on the field?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Jordy, what did you make of the revelation that Aaron is estranged from his family? I just thought he looked haggard as hell lest year, and I think his personal/family life is a mess. Total speculation, based on those two data points, but what if if last year's Aaron had more to do with circumstances off the field than on the field?
I take his brothers comments with a grain of salt, I always thought Jordan struck me as having a pretty strong inferiority complex in regards to Aaron, but regardless, if what he said was true, I dont imagine it would have much of an effect on Aaron, it sounds like if anything Aaron has distanced himself from his family, and maybe started big timing them a bit, if true, I don't see how it would negatively affect him in such a way, why would he be negatively affected on field if he has apparently forgotten all about his family and doesn't care to associate with them? It sounds like such a callous unconcerning attitude like that wouldn't lend itself to the idea that he was bothered or distracted by such a thing.

But regardless, A-Rod always looks like a bored camel on the field, I didn't notice any discernible difference last year, maybe what you are seeing is just a product of him being frustrated in the offensive production, I guess what I mean is, I think maybe that look you speak of, if anything was the effect of his 'sub par' (By his own standard anyway) play, and not the cause of it.

Regardless he was having some of the best play of his career prior to week 7.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:
I take his brothers comments with a grain of salt, I always thought Jordan struck me as having a pretty strong inferiority complex in regards to Aaron, but regardless, if what he said was true, I dont imagine it would have much of an effect on Aaron, it sounds like if anything Aaron has distanced himself from his family, and maybe started big timing them a bit, if true, I don't see how it would negatively affect him in such a way, why would he be negatively affected on field if he has apparently forgotten all about his family and doesn't care to associate with them? It sounds like such a callous unconcerning attitude like that wouldn't lend itself to the idea that he was bothered or distracted by such a thing.

But regardless, A-Rod always looks like a bored camel on the field, I didn't notice any discernible difference last year, maybe what you are seeing is just a product of him being frustrated in the offensive production, I guess what I mean is, I think maybe that look you speak of, if anything was the effect of his 'sub par' (By his own standard anyway) play, and not the cause of it.

Regardless he was having some of the best play of his career prior to week 7.
That's an interesting take. Thanks. If that take is correct it could lend more credence to comments from Greg Jennings about Rodgers generally being a first rate @#%$. I don't know.

I do think being estranged from one's family is taxing, even if its a result of bigtiming ones own family in a callous manner.

Much as I hate the Packers and Rodgers, I feel bad for A'aron.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: That's an interesting take. Thanks. If that take is correct it could lend more credence to comments from Greg Jennings about Rodgers generally being a first rate @#%$. I don't know.

I do think being estranged from one's family is taxing, even if its a result of bigtiming ones own family in a callous manner.

Much as I hate the Packers and Rodgers, I feel bad for A'aron.
Regardless of if any of that is true, Jennings comments to me was more indicative of a personality flaw of his own, rather than Rodgers, it sounded to me like he felt slighted by all the props Rodgers was getting and strongly wanted to prove that he wasn't a product of Aaron Rodgers, yeaa.. didn't exactly work out for him.

What do you feel bad for Aaron Rodgers for?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Regardless of if any of that is true, Jennings comments to me was more indicative of a personality flaw of his own, rather than Rodgers, it sounded to me like he felt slighted by all the props Rodgers was getting and strongly wanted to prove that he wasn't a product of Aaron Rodgers, yeaa.. didn't exactly work out for him.

What do you feel bad for Aaron Rodgers for?
Maybe the 77 yard game against Denver and the total public destruction and spanking of Green Bay packers
Vs. Arizona on December 27th 2015 38-8 loss. That game was hilarious, I still have on it DVR. Imagine the whole Green Bay
offense cast in American History X prison shower scene. :spanking:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Maybe the 77 yard game against Denver and the total public destruction and spanking of Green Bay packers
Vs. Arizona on December 27th 2015 38-8 loss. That game was hilarious, I still have on it DVR. Imagine the whole Green Bay
offense cast in American History X prison shower scene. :spanking:
LMAO, you keep Packers losses on your dvr, why does this not surprise me..